Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I actually thought the same as absoul. Drake does have a chance @ redemption.

Based on what was thrown @ him in terms of racial identity, or in this case, lack there of, drake for the first time in his career, is faced with an opportunity to be interesting in his music if he chooses to address the charges.

He down but not out, the “fans” are just riding with whats hot right now. All the same ones dumbin out to not like us are the same ones that made drake king in the first place.
Most fans and folks in the industry wont even care beyond this moment. Dude still pulling up to the Michael Rubin parties like every other rapper

Can physically/psychologically old Drake put out music like the theoretical old Drake? It's ironic that he seemed more mature for his age when he first came out but has recently been on that immature wave, or moving like he values the opinions of youth the most.

The Kings really tweeted out "Welcome Home" like Sac aint over 6 hours from LA lol

i think everyone gives drake way too much credit in rap
the bars were trash. battle was so one sided everyone just wanted to hear what kendrick had to say.
as far as rapping ability, drake comes off basic AF

im not concerned with all the pop ****

I swear, I feel like I’ve been the only one feeling like this :lol:. That sprite propaganda commercial did wonders.

IMG_8296.jpeg

Rakim, Nas, BIG…..and Drake? :lol:

He was never in the class of “MC” that people give him credit for. Even the “timestamp” tracks are above average rapping at best :lol:

I swear, I feel like I’ve been the only one feeling like this :lol:. That sprite propaganda commercial did wonders.

IMG_8296.jpeg

He was never in the class of “MC” that people give him credit for. Even the “timestamp” tracks are above average rapping at best :lol:
Not too mention that those 3 lines are from classic tracks. I don't even know what Drake song that's from off the top of my head. That could be from a motivational poster or a damn fortune cookie

Can physically/psychologically old Drake put out music like the theoretical old Drake? It's ironic that he seemed more mature for his age when he first came out but has recently been on that immature wave, or moving like he values the opinions of youth the most.
I 1000% agree with this. His earlier works sounded honest, thoughtful and gave an insightful POV of a bright-eyed young man trying to navigate love, money, growth and fame without losing himself. Buddy sounded like the Ralph Tresvant of rap (I mean that in a good way). Now he's the complete opposite. A self-absorbed narcissist, who's consumed by money & fame and regressing at an incredible speed. and he's a FAN

IMG_8296.jpeg

If I’m not mistaken, this was around the time it was being put out there that Drake was a hip hop infiltrator created by the Jews.

Many shared the same sentiment when that Sprite ad dropped…

much more impactful than the pusha beef

never seen folks in these numbers talk about dude like this

his next project/solo singles will tell us more of a story than these random features
His projects have gotten worse as he’s gotten older.

I’m expecting his worst ever project to date.

But he will still sell as long as he works for Lucian Grainge.

To jape jape point. The industry give him way to much credit as just a rapper alone. Especially a ***** that’s been proven to MULTIPLE ghostwriters and freestyle off a blackberry.

Push said it best: THE LINE ITSELF WAS TRASH

“Imma make it a ring on you like Virginia…..:stoneface:

“Dave freeeeeee”

“The sex was average with you / Yeah, I'm anti 'cause I had it with you.””

These seem like coked-out Nicki Minaj type disses :lol:

Back
Top Bottom