Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

im sure some bars flew over ppls heads like always when it comes to EM
what-do-you-mean-by-that (1).gif

Gonna give it a listen once i get in the office but if i had to guess im sure some bars flew over ppls heads like always when it comes to EM

You haven't even listened, but the reason people don't like his wack unentertaining music is because it's over peoples heads :lol:

Nah em spitting on this album. A lot of his stuff is on spectrum of 1 to 10 that ranges from Dad joke to brilliant. The stuff on here is pretty clever, probably like a 6.

Nah em spitting on this album. A lot of his stuff is on spectrum of 1 to 10 that ranges from Dad joke to brilliant. The stuff on here is pretty clever, probably like a 6.

im only on track 9 most were not up to par but no doubt he has some nice bars/lines that catch you saying damnnn

the people in here love to lie to themselves to make em feel good because others like what they dont

like you said he says some stuff in a clever way where other rappers may not be able to. He is a lyricist and a top 5 one at that

maybe not in 2024 or recent years but he cemented a strong legacy in this rap game

im just a white person though so whatever i say dont matter

fair enough

the point still stands though

people want to understand what he is saying because on first listen we may have miss something

but hey im weird

As a Lupe fiasco diehard fan, I understand bars going over peoples heads and requiring multiple listens, hell, I’ll find something I didn’t after 100 plays. I have not listened to the Em album outside of the JID track so I can’t comment on that.

I had no desire to hear this album until I seen Juvenile in the credits.

Pros

I like the concept of Eminem vs Slim Shady and how Slim Shady saved his career. It’s a dope battle but it feels like he should have done this 10-15 years ago.

I like a lot of the beats, some are crazy and sound nothing like the rest of the ******** that’s out. Some songs he gotta nice flow on.

It’s refreshing to hear a five minute song with direction and three verses. Some of the wordplay is crazy, some is cringeworthy.

I was dying when he sampled Juvenile Ha.

The tongue in cheek verse about fat shaming and cheering on people’s horrible dieting made me laugh.

Cons

This isn’t for me and he’s too old for this kind of music.

Some of the content gets repetitive.

He still can’t find his old flow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom