Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

1722477428804.png

Lol since Dot won the battle there’s been a lotta myths and falsehoods about him popping him. He wasn’t propped up by any west coast legends in the beginning. He was just known as Jay Rock’s homie with the funny voice. If I’m recalling it right, I only remember Cole and Talib Kweli spreading the word about Dot (outside of TDE and blogs) early on. If anyone was propped up and accepted immediately it was that doof Game.

As for Rocky….the majority of complaints I remember hearing about him from NY emcees was that he sounded too southern. Being a Harlem dude rapping about lean over screwed beats was frowned upon cuz hip hop was still regional at the time. But they couldn’t have hated young rappers that much. cuz just some months later after Rocky dropped everyone was praising Joey Bada** for 1999.

Yachty annoys tf outta me
I wouldn't care at all if he didn't try to act like he's so far above being a rapper and talking down on the genre the way he does.

It's one thing hearing stuff like that from someone musically gifted like Tyler but lil boat doesn't even make close to enough good music to get away with acting too big for his boots like that.

Drake gassed his head up so much these last few years jocking his fashion style that he really thinks he's him now :lol:

Yachty could legit retire from making music and the genre wouldn't miss him or skip a beat at all

Back
Top Bottom