Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

1729904139159.png

In the same vein I'm glad our culture is ridding itself of these merchants of death. As black men it starts with us tho, at some point we have to ask ourselves why do we enjoy music that's celebrates and advocates murdering other black men. We have got to stop the idol worship when it comes to rappers. Durk got what was coming to him.

waiting for the rap spaces to get hip to Wuntayk, what's the hold up |l

"no it ain't no ties, do you ****** want wins or not...." (WINDSOR KNOT)!!!!

Last edited:
In the same vein I'm glad our culture is ridding itself of these merchants of death. As black men it starts with us tho, at some point we have to ask ourselves why do we enjoy music that's celebrates and advocates murdering other black men. We have got to stop the idol worship when it comes to rappers. Durk got what was coming to him.

We are?? Durk been getting heavy features and one of the hottest rappers the last 4 years. He went up a couple levels with all this beef and shootings going on.

1729913684434.jpeg

1729913758378.jpeg

Them people getting him outta here. Not hip hop or black culture.

The conversation will always stop at what will ****** listen to instead on a widespread basis to replace it

In doses we like J cole Kendrick kanye etc rappers but its hard to imagine a rap game where theres not that aspect in some way and if its there then people gonna peel back at whether or not ****** capping or not lol

The conversation will always stop at what will ****** listen to instead on a widespread basis to replace it

In doses we like J cole Kendrick kanye etc rappers but its hard to imagine a rap game where theres not that aspect in some way and if its there then people gonna peel back at whether or not ****** capping or not lol
It's not that I'm necessarily looking for it to be eradicated, I just don't want that type of rap to be at the forefront but more important than that I think we need more variety. In the early part of the 00s we had Jay, Nas, Nelly, DMX, Ja, Kanye, Ludacris, Ti OutKast, Eminem etc all eating at the same time in the mainstream, there was a pocket for every type of rap fan. And maybe I'm just looking at the past with rose tinted glasses but I feel like in regards to street music there was much more emphasis on hustling and telling tales of the traumas caused by growing up in impoverished areas as opposed to now where cats are speaking on real life crimes they may or may not have committed in addition to taunting their "opps." Lastly, I think today we're missing an all around superstar who has the ability to go from street ish to introspective/spiritual to stuff for the ladies to just fun records like a Prime DMX or 2Pac. It's a lot but I don't want to place all blame on the artists cause labels and us as fans are just as culpable for the state hip-hop is in as well.

Back
Top Bottom