Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

So what's wrong with it to you?

Do you like Phryme Royce better?

It's not bad in any way. It's just not meeting the critical acclaim that people are giving it for me. 14 tracks in and it's not hitting me. I liked Phryme 1 better than 2 tbh.

Freestyle cold but y’all gotta be trolling wit the intro comparison. If anything it’s tee Grizzley first day out big. That meek **** a generational song b. We gonna be hearing that for the rest of our lives

Tee Grizzleys intro fizzled fast tho and got big with the help of Lebron

And I'll be the one to say it, once the beat changes I personally dont care for the Meek intro

Just like Joe, I respect Royce as a rapper but never could get into his music.

Royce has made far better music than Joe, especially recent music.

And Em def had his best verse in years on that Royce song. Still shaky content, but at least his delivery/flow was there for once.

Logic’s verse on the remix though...we get it man, you’re biracial. Whoop dee doo

It's not bad in any way. It's just not meeting the critical acclaim that people are giving it for me. 14 tracks in and it's not hitting me. I liked Phryme 1 better than 2 tbh.
For me what pushed it over the top was the overarching story he’s telling about fatherhood, and particularly his father. What made me appreciate it so much more was that I could relate to a lot of the things he brought up from alcoholism to domestic violence etc.

I think the critical acclaim comes from this being such a personal album for Royce. He’s always spoke about his demons (Death is Certain is a classic) but this one seems more introspective. It’s basically Death is Certain from a much more mature and rational perspective.

They’re kind of two sides of the same coin to me.

I could never get into Royce’s music, he can rap with the best but his flows have always annoyed me. Downloaded the new album and P2 but I haven’t even played them. I’ll play both eventually, I heard the story he telling is crazy.

For me what pushed it over the top was the overarching story he’s telling about fatherhood, and particularly his father. What made me appreciate it so much more was that I could relate to a lot of the things he brought up from alcoholism to domestic violence etc.

I think the critical acclaim comes from this being such a personal album for Royce. He’s always spoke about his demons (Death is Certain is a classic) but this one seems more introspective. It’s basically Death is Certain from a much more mature and rational perspective

I think it's what you like. This was his best album IMO. He went with a concept, took more risk and brought more creativity and was more introspective than normal. I think it's a culmination of what he's learned over the past 15 years. His whole career is that he was rapping like Layers and Bar Exam. It's him wanting to be recognized as a good rapper or to be just as good as Em. This was him not caring and wanting to release a great project or get it all out.

He's a Jay fan, so I wonder if it's 4:44 inspired

Freestyle cold but y’all gotta be trolling wit the intro comparison. If anything it’s tee Grizzley first day out big. That meek **** a generational song b. We gonna be hearing that for the rest of our lives

I'm convinced wavycrocket wavycrocket is trolling like someone said before.

He's acting like an A&R or hype man for any new Lil that pops up

I think the critical acclaim comes from this being such a personal album for Royce. He’s always spoke about his demons (Death is Certain is a classic) but this one seems more introspective. It’s basically Death is Certain from a much more mature and rational perspective.

That's exactly what it is, and I'd put it on par with Death Is Certain.

wavycrocket wavycrocket deadass do you only like harmonizing rappers? Like anyone that will drag out a syllable. :lol:
Future
YoungBoy
A Boogie
Lucci
Lil Baby

All of them got good content, melodies, introspection, aggressive hood ****, know how to make hits....as well as **** that hits your soul. And they rap over great production. That’s important.

That’s the commonality with them. Yeah, they all harmonize...but that adds another layer that I don’t mind. Most rappers post 2010 all have harmony in their music. Even the “top guys” and “lyrical” ones. From Cole, Kendrick to Drak, Chance etc. You aren’t limited to just speaking words over tracks now. Your voice is an instrument and the technology is available to use....use it. Just use it well.

Those are just a few of the newer ***** I bump on the regular.

Y’all ***** stay coming at my dude Wavy neck :lol: Only one he been wrong about was Lucci, still disappointed in him for hyping up that dusty ***** music

Shieeet. That Lucci **** still bang :lol:. He lost a lil momentum cuz the ****** had major success early. Went to see homie in concert in March. Dope *** concert for real. I’m still rocking with yo. New project still in rotation.

Y’all ***** stay coming at my dude Wavy neck :lol: Only one he been wrong about was Lucci, still disappointed in him for hyping up that dusty ***** music
He had to get a bag from yfn cuz he still the only one on that wave. Wavy ain’t slick he do what drake low Key, he just get on em before the song blow. Find local ****** who got **** bubbling, if he was a rapper he would always somehow be on the new bangers. Ovo wavy.

He had to get a bag from yfn cuz he still the only one on that wave. Wavy ain’t slick he do what drake low Key, he just get on em before the song blow. Find local *****s who got **** bubbling, if he was a rapper he would always somehow be on the new bangers. Ovo wavy.
"OVO WAVY" :rofl:

upload_2018-5-13_21-56-22.jpeg

My son's at home set up "finding new talent" on QC's YouTube channel scrolling thru "related videos" while Lil baby's "2018 intro" is playing on one screen and analytics on the other. One monitor dedicated to Google chrome with 10 different messageboards open with real-time auto refresh. A&R wavy was born

upload_2018-5-13_21-56-22.jpeg

My son's at home set up "finding new talent" on QC's YouTube channel scrolling thru "related videos" while Lil baby's "2018 intro" is playing on one screen and analytics on the other. One monitor dedicated to Google chrome with 10 different messageboards open with real-time auto refresh. A&R wavy was born

Catch my mans on his PC browsing Soundcloud and Worldstar's Youtube channel looking for that new heat like.....

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom