Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

upload_2018-5-13_21-56-22.jpeg

My son's at home set up "finding new talent" on QC's YouTube channel scrolling thru "related videos" while Lil baby's "2018 intro" is playing on one screen and analytics on the other. One monitor dedicated to Google chrome with 10 different messageboards open with real-time auto refresh. A&R wavy was born

:rofl:

Y’all on a rolll.

No bs...i just go round way and the youngins put me on. Or in the mix. It ain’t hard to know what’s popping or about to blow. That, and related videos Shawty :pimp:.

All I’ll say is this. Most of the NEW music I **** with is in Some way derivative from Boosie, Future or Gucci in the South. If it has those certain elements....i **** it’s it, as do many others.

upload_2018-5-13_21-56-22.jpeg

My son's at home set up "finding new talent" on QC's YouTube channel scrolling thru "related videos" while Lil baby's "2018 intro" is playing on one screen and analytics on the other. One monitor dedicated to Google chrome with 10 different messageboards open with real-time auto refresh. A&R wavy was born

My dawg wavy be calling the most generic new rappers "prodigies". :lol:

That's why I said wavy sauces up his post with some slight troll. I have no doubt he doesn't believe what he says but he adds that little extra outlandish comment at the end so we could read his post and think **** like "here go wavy back at it again with some extreme hyperbole" :lol:

It's genius especially when he quotes some generic lyrics like the **** is HEAT :rofl:

My man is easily one of my top 5 favorite NTers

Prhyme 1>2 for me.
Enjoyed what I've listened to on both Layers/Book of Ryan, but I do think both are bloated albums.

Haven't listened to much Royce outside of Slaughterhouse and Bad Meets Evil, but he's hasn't disappointed.

All of them got good content, melodies, introspection, aggressive hood ****, know how to make hits....as well as **** that hits your soul. And they rap over great production. That’s important.

That’s the commonality with them. Yeah, they all harmonize...but that adds another layer that I don’t mind. Most rappers post 2010 all have harmony in their music. Even the “top guys” and “lyrical” ones. From Cole, Kendrick to Drak, Chance etc. You aren’t limited to just speaking words over tracks now. Your voice is an instrument and the technology is available to use....use it. Just use it well.

Those are just a few of the newer ***** I bump on the regular.
Nah I was talking slick, I was really curious. :lol:

All I’ll say is this. Most of the NEW music I **** with is in Some way derivative from Boosie, Future or Gucci in the South. If it has those certain elements....i **** it’s it, as do many others.

Not a good thing :lol:

All of them got good content, melodies, introspection, aggressive hood ****, know how to make hits....as well as **** that hits your soul. And they rap over great production. That’s important.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

That's why I said wavy sauces up his post with some slight troll. I have no doubt he doesn't believe what he says but he adds that little extra outlandish comment at the end so we could read his post and think **** like "here go wavy back at it again with some extreme hyperbole" :lol:

It's genius especially when he quotes some generic lyrics like the **** is HEAT :rofl:

My man is easily one of my top 5 favorite NTers

I listen to the clips and youtube videos he post trying to hear what he hears that makes these fill in the blank rappers so dope and not one or two semi hit wondrs

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom