Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I tried to give the ASAP Rocky a chance but nah.

Son has not a single redeeming quality as a rapper, and there's nothing else he brings to the table stylistically. He's selling an image and an aesthetic only....which is cool...but he's not musically gifted enough for me to buy in.

I enjoyed Pusha T album just way to short

Holizay got some joints on there. Mo reala :pimp:

Time to see what this asap about

Still bumping ANTI

Y'ALL CAN HAVE HIP HOP

giphy.gif

If this is the beat to choose to represent the argument, you lost. :lol:

Nothing special about this beat at all

I didn’t choose that beat to “represent it”....but still stands...Zay > Ye

What the hell makes a beat “special”. Does it sound good or not? **** all the bells and whistles....this is Zay producing HIS sound that he made popular.

ZayGOAT :hat

I didn’t choose that beat to “represent it”....but still stands...Zay > Ye

What the hell makes a beat “special”. Does it sound good or not? **** all the bells and whistles....this is Zay producing HIS sound that he made popular.

ZayGOAT :pimp:

I just feel his style is repetitive and the piano playing lost its luster for me

I watched the Cole and Pump joint. It was cool. You not missing out on much....but it was cool to see Cole admitting he was bitter...and actually trying to come around and understand newer music instead of being completley removed from it.

Pump is the wrong one to interview because he has no depth, is young as hell and most likely will discard whatever Cole threw his way (can’t blame him...he’s 17). On top of that...it’s like prying teeth to get him to open up, and drop the fake persona....But he was comfortable...which is good

Cole should’ve done this with Youngboy or Kodak or something. That would’ve been more interesting.

I like Cole’s approach and open mindedness though. Refreshing to hear him reflect.

Lol what makes y’all think lol pump has a fake persona. There was literally hella lil pumps running around my school when I was in high school. Doing bars high as hell in class, getting kicked out, simply not even trying. There are really people that act like that

Also. J Cole is a terrible interviewer. Jesus Christ that first 5 to 10 min where he was talking was unbearable.

Lol what makes y’all think lol pump has a fake persona. There was literally hella lil pumps running around my school when I was in high school. Doing bars high as hell in class, getting kicked out, simply not even trying. There are really people that act like that

Why are you assuming I mean his fake persona is him being a druggy and troubled kid? You gotta relax. You chomping at the bit.

I’m more so talking about the rapper persona, acting like he can’t string words together. But I get it. He’s 17 and living.

It’s less of an interview and more of a conversation.

I like that they’re both taking the opportunity to bridge the gap, and I respect how Lil Pump can be honest and mature about certain issues.

I’m a fan of both of them, so it was a cool convo to see. Especially considering how different they are as artists. Seeing that mutual respect is dope for once.

Holizay is cool. The track with OJ is my favorite, but I’ve been seeing that video for like 3 months now

I just listened to a few minutes of that Cole and lil pump interview then cut that **** off. Everything about him looks forced, the face tats, the hair, everything. The more you hear these new goofy rappers talk it becomes clear they're just square *** dudes desperate for any kinda attention, fame and acceptance. Ima just continue to ignore the BS.

Back
Top Bottom