Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Minutes of research have shown me that there's a place in Malaysia called Terengganu and I think Filipinos are technically Malays so maybe that's where his mom is from.

I am probably wrong as hell.

In other Pharrell news I was listening to Am I High off In Search Of... earlier and it sounded completely different from the version I remember listening to so much. Come to find out these mf rereleased that album a year later with added instrumentation.

I don’t know if the original was ever officially released. At least not in the US. There was an original version of the album produced electronically by Pharrell.

Then they redid the album with Spymob basically replaying all the tracks live and thats the version that was commercially released.

Nobody is "the guy" in hip hop anymore. Kendrick, Drake, Future, Migos and Cole can all make a case for being the "guy"As time goes on in the microwave generation I don't think one guy is gonna stand above everybody else. You'll have dudes that got their fans in different lanes.

I mean right now it ain't one new young rapper that stands alone. It's a bunch of 'em that's poppin for the time being.

Em, Nelly, Luda were all eating during Jays run

Think these 7 or at least shorter tracklists will be a trend or a new industry standard going forward as streaming gains more of a foothold?

Think these 7 or at least shorter tracklists will be a trend or a new industry standard going forward as streaming gains more of a foothold?
No. Yall forgot Chris Brown just released a 50 track album?

Yall fail to remember Wayne was still that guy and in his prime when he brought us Drake. Nobody knew Drake would become this guy. He was just a black canadian dude from Degrassi. He oversucceeded

Prime my *** :lol:

Wasn't the first thing he dropped after signing Drake that Rebirth bull****?

Drake was outta here after So Far Gone. Even during the Grammy weekend that dropped he had everyone buzzing. From the jump it felt like they were positioning him to be a giant.

Prime my *** :lol:

Wasn't the first thing he dropped after signing Drake that Rebirth bull****?

Drake was outta here after So Far Gone. Even during the Grammy weekend that dropped he had everyone buzzing. From the jump it felt like they were positioning him to be a giant.

Wayne was still on top. Drake popped in like 09.

I don’t know if the original was ever officially released. At least not in the US. There was an original version of the album produced electronically by Pharrell.

Then they redid the album with Spymob basically replaying all the tracks live and thats the version that was commercially released.

I looked into it, it was the Euro version apparently. It's wild I didn't know this was a thing until today.

It’s just funny how Jay-Z’s last 2 albums go “platinum” first week from sprint & Samsung deals

& a few months ago Tidal was exposed for faking streaming numbers for Beyoncé’s Lemonade & Kanye’s TLOP

Now all of a sudden Bey/Jay’s album is the ONLY one to have the early projections retracted

Hov can never play fair :smh:

Didn’t someone post a quote about Beyoncé singing she don’t give a **** about streams or some **** on the new album? That’s real funny now.

Back
Top Bottom