Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Told y’all he was gon be a legend
wuimp.gif

I'm really interested to see who'll be "the guy" in about 5 years. Drake's run is coming to a close and so much has changed in the past decade it's hard to predict what's around the corner.

I'm really interested to see who'll be "the guy" in about 5 years. Drake's run is coming to a close and so much has changed in the past decade it's hard to predict what's around the corner.
On that same note, I’m wondering who will be the new “tier 1” group. Everyone sounds so much alike now it’s hard to see who will end up separating themselves from the pack.

Drakes run is not close to being over. Itll be over when hes done making music.

I don’t think Drake is even close to being over , we will see in a couple weeks lol.

But i honestly Can’t even think of one person that’ll be top tier. Uzi maybe popularity wise but he won’t be running rap like Cole/Kendrick/Drake

Denial...

There's always a changing of the guard in rap music and another one WILL happen. If ya'll think we gon be sitting in here in a circle jerk over 36 year old Drake breaking Spotify records IDK what else to tell you. It's not a knock against Drake (ya'll perceive anything that isn't a glowing co-sign as one tho)...it's just reality. He'll be able to still be a major influencer and cultural icon WITHOUT being the #1 entertainer anymore. See Jay-Z. The kids that are in elementary school right now and are about to come into their own will dictate the next thing. Not any of us.

But i honestly Can’t even think of one person that’ll be top tier. Uzi maybe popularity wise but he won’t be running rap like Cole/Kendrick/Drake

Who's to say it's somebody we know right now? Did you see Drake coming when Lil Wayne and Kanye were running **** in 07?

On that same note, I’m wondering who will be the new “tier 1” group. Everyone sounds so much alike now it’s hard to see who will end up separating themselves from the pack.

After chance is defeated....the Everyman will finally fall.

Either the ball goes to them colored dread SoundCloud rappers...or it goes to the streets.

Hope it’s the latter. Meek, Lil Baby, Future, Gates (I guess), Youngboy etc.

Yea, the Pusha one was good. Watched it last night. Nore and Fat Joe are horrible interviewers though.

The industry is like a chameleon that changes rapidly at any given time. Hell not even just the industry. Just the creativity period. I have no idea what criteria will even determine things in the future. Especially when so many acts are grounded in the right now.

Like what will Lil Pump's "evolution" look like (if there is a Lil Pump in the future) :lol:.

For all we know...there are about 5 different fly-by-night waves right around the corner that we can't even conceive yet.

Denial...

There's always a changing of the guard in rap music and another one WILL happen. If ya'll think we gon be sitting in here in a circle jerk over 36 year old Drake breaking Spotify records IDK what else to tell you. It's not a knock against Drake (ya'll perceive anything that isn't a glowing co-sign as one tho)...it's just reality. He'll be able to still be a major influencer and cultural icon WITHOUT being the #1 entertainer anymore. See Jay-Z. The kids that are in elementary school right now and are about to come into their own will dictate the next thing. Not any of us.

Who's to say it's somebody we know right now? Did you see Drake coming when Lil Wayne and Kanye were running **** in 07?

You said “coming to a close” though , which I took as you talking soon but then you said kids in elementary school going to dictate lol

I thought The discussion was who of the current crop, which makes for a better discussion than “what artist that we never heard of is going to run rap”. My bad :lol:

Back
Top Bottom