Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

He def had an insane work ethic but Pac worked like that (at least death row pac) because he thought he was going back to jail :lol:

I just saw a Lecrae & Zaytoven video on worldstar. The song isn’t good...but it makes sense they’d record being 2 successful heavily religious Christians in hip hop.

It got me thinking....We will NEVER see a figure like the prime KIRK FRANKLIN :lol:. I’m not really religious anymore....but this **** still goes to this day :pimp:.

A certified hip hop classic. I even seen an Ahk signing “GP are you with meeeeee” :lol:.

I remember wondering why Kirk Franklin was shouting Gary Payton when I was a kid.

Kirk was like the gospel Puff Daddy

This was my song and I'm not even religious

Zay gotta stop enabling this stuff

unbelievable
dead.png

How did it get to the point now where the "gatekeepers" in the industry are now Adam22, Akademiks, DJ Vlad, and maybe YesJulz?

YesJulz is how I first heard, well saw Uzi. I went to see a pics of her *** and saw some weirdo feminine kid.

They’re “gate keepers” if you listen to the type of music they promote. I like to believe that crowd accounts for a very small segment of hip hop culture. They don’t speak for anything I give my attention to. Never seent an Adam22 interview, never sat through a livestream of Ak twitching himself, Vlad been chump, and all I can remember of Yesjulz is that she got a trash 30 second clip of some embarrassing backshots.

Naw they are. It's sort of crazy. It's no different how people like Qias, TonyD and Sneaker Life are sneaker influencers and more influential than people like Clark Kent.

Wait. EDS still comes on? :lol:

I thought I read somewhere that they gave up and Star left.

I like Wayno, but it's not must watch anymore.

Thirty years ago today, New Edition and Bobby Brown released their respective albums, Heart Break and Don't Be Cruel on the same day.

Don't Be Cruel went on to become the best-selling album of 1989.

00076742220723_1080W_1080H.jpg

bobbybrown_dontbecruel_4oxi.jpg

New Edition meant and means so much to me. They're my favorite group.

They’re “gate keepers” if you listen to the type of music they promote. I like to believe that crowd accounts for a very small segment of hip hop culture. They don’t speak for anything I give my attention to. Never seent an Adam22 interview, never sat through a livestream of Ak twitching himself, Vlad been chump, and all I can remember of Yesjulz is that she got a trash 30 second clip of some embarrassing backshots.
I don’t think it’s that small at all. XXX and people like tekashi have a fairly sizable following. What are you calling hip hop culture is more what I’m getting at. Is it somebody that consumes the medium or people that live it. All those millions of teens that follow these goofballs on IG and stream their music are technically a segment in hip hop culture. Ak just cornered the market on that segment because people like joe and other old heads don’t really care about that niche. It’s pretty lucrative

If your a young rapper who’s adopting the popular persona among the youths today, your gonna try and get Ak to put you on because he has a following that you want to tap into. You aren’t going to yung Berg( random name) or somebody like that

Side note: I find the Yesjulz situation pretty strange. Her social media imprint really isn’t that big at all compared to the others. Vlad and Ak have 2 mill YouTube subs and Ak has 1.4 mill IG followers. She only has 400k IG and even less on twitter. I don’t get how she’s influential when nobody is checking for her. Hell we only know her because of her ***

Last edited:
All seriousness, are any of these young, too-many-face-tattoo having dudes gonna make it to 30. Either in relevancy or just alive period? I feel like the game is way oversaturated with the same sound at this point.

Back
Top Bottom