Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Ak has a million and a half instagram followers. I realized that the other day when someone posted his clip.

I don't think Mysonne's talking about that one specific clip. He's talking about in general. Like him promoting Turkey69 touring the country trolling.

Imagine if Ak said, damn my man got killed. I'm going to tone it down or be more positive. Use my platform, honor him. Nope, what does he do, post some clip from the alleged killers brother. Same ol Ak. Promoting bull****.

Xxx’s last ig story post was him promoting a food giveaway or something of that nature. Ak didn’t repost it until after the man died. Every single post relating to beef/violence, whether it was from Xxx, Tekashi, Keef, etc. gets posted without haste.

Son definitely has a narrative he’s pushing. He perpetuates the bull****.

Uzi is still trash to me. Only songs I can tolerate him on are Too Much Sauce and that joint from Meek last album.

Ak has a million and a half instagram followers. I realized that the other day when someone posted his clip.

I don't think Mysonne's talking about that one specific clip. He's talking about in general. Like him promoting Turkey69 touring the country trolling.

Imagine if Ak said, damn my man got killed. I'm going to tone it down or be more positive. Use my platform, honor him. Nope, what does he do, post some clip from the alleged killers brother. Same ol Ak. Promoting bull****.
He is the main outlet for all these lil clown rappers and these new gullible fans flock to him to see what new drama is going on. He's Wendy Williams for goofy _'s. He deserves blame, not all but some.

You're conflating multiple elements here that don't necessarily correspond with each other.

From what we know of Tentacion...he got robbed, put up a fight and lost his life for it. That could have happened to anyone....anywhere. That has absolutely NOTHING to do with what Joe Budden is saying. It was a random act of violence.

To try to connect Ak to that and make a stretch armstrong reach of comparing it to the "East vs West" beef is wild lazy.

Again, I can’t speak on XXX issues as he was out there causing all of drama..

Wild lazy? So you’re ignoring the fact the he’s pushing the 6’9 trolling ‘beef’ agenda?

Last edited:
man AK is a chump but yall putting too much blame on that man, All he does is repost videos of things that were already posted. Blaming him for any of this is insane. and them dudes is already self destructive so they don't need ak for that.

He’s not the only, Vlad is another one.

How does does he feel about Vlad?

He’s no better than AK. However, AK have more of a young following. He’s like the lame dude that always instigating stuff in school and when he gets confronted, he folds.

That dude vlad is a culture vulture. Majority of post is exploiting AA and the culture. Plus he gives out horrible financial advice.

Last edited:
And this is what kills me when we heard all that’s Free Meek ****. C and Mac have actually been proven innocent and doing 25+ years cause Louisiana is crooked as hell. There’s actual proof, witnesses and all that ****. The shooter in Mac’s case actually confessed and they didn’t care. Mac was a gangster rapper so he fit the description and that was it. For C’s case people been saying for years the cops made people say it was him and there’s video of someone else shooting the gun. It’s sad as **** those two been locked for almost 20 years for **** they didn’t do. I’ll be watching that C special tomorrow

Mac was supposed to been home. I hope Corey beat that charge. My family stay visiting him. Always taking about he still fighting for his life.

He’s no better than AK. However, AK have more of a young following. He’s like the lame dude that always instigating stuff in school and when he gets confronted, he folds.

That dude vlad is a culture vulture. Majority of post is exploiting AA and the culture. Plus he gives out horrible financial advice.
So because his following or content isn't youth centered, he feels its okay to go and do Vlad interviews?

Definitely found that to be hypocritical of Myse. If you’re going to call a spade a spade, be consistent in the message. You can’t discredit Ak and then try to justify speaking with Vlad. There are way better platforms, some even larger, that you could utilize.

I remember some of the older discussions surrounding Worldstar, Q, and social responsibility (or lack thereof). Many believed he had a right to use his platform in the manner he did, and that he wasn't responsible for how black people in particular were portrayed. It wasn't "his" fault these things were happening...he was only just "reporting the news". They said "if YouTube can do it, why can't Q". At the time of his death, he was a relatively beloved figure to a large majority of people.

To juxtapose that argument against what seems to be the consensus view of Present Day Akademiks...is pretty interesting. I don't really recall too many rappers or public figures who spoke out against Q or threaten him with violence. At least not with the same vitriol I see for Akademiks.

Ak aint doin nothin that MTO, TMZ, bossip, shade room, etc aint doin.

Only difference is he is the single and only recognizable face of his brand unlike those other outlets.

People enjoy the **** ****. Period.

This may be the reason. For me, I'm just not sure Ak is the hill I want to die on regarding how cultural influencers use their platform...in regards to "these kids gettin killed". You know who else uses an even bigger platform to "kill kids"? Lyor Cohen, Todd Moscowitz, Kevin Liles...the list goes on. We know this...yet if they trot out another one of these fashion trap choker chain ****** that perpetuate a whole ****load of negative stereotypes, we gon buy the **** if them 808s hittin. I watched Dame scream on all them ****** by himself while nobody else said ****.

To be honest, the more and more I think about the current state of affairs, something Charlamagne said recently seems to be ringing true these days. It really is hard to stand on a moral high ground in hip hop matters. We champion ignorance in some instances and abhor it in others.

This is where I'm at with it. Very few are the keeping the same energy when it comes to these things.

Last edited:
So because his following or content isn't youth centered, he feels its okay to go and do Vlad interviews?

Yeah I didn’t see that. I stop following vlad after those series of interviews of allegedly raped victim by Tupac.

If he did, as stated earlier. Very hypocritical.

Last edited:

Drake must really have some dirt on Ye...this was a recent interview (after the beef)

Definitely found that to be hypocritical of Myse. If you’re going to call a spade a spade, be consistent in the message. You can’t discredit Ak and then try to justify speaking with Vlad. There are way better platforms, some even larger, that you could utilize.

From what I get out of it, it's because Vlad also post Mysonne's positive stuff.

I remember some of the older discussions surrounding Worldstar, Q, and social responsibility (or lack thereof). Many believed he had a right to use his platform in the manner he did, and that he wasn't responsible for how black people in particular were portrayed. It wasn't "his" fault these things were happening...he was only just "reporting the news". They said "if YouTube can do it, why can't Q". At the time of his death, he was a relatively beloved figure to a large majority of people.

To juxtapose that argument against what seems to be the consensus view of Present Day Akademiks...is pretty interesting. I don't really recall too many rappers or public figures who spoke out against Q or threaten him with violence. At least not with the same vitriol I see for Akademiks.

This may be the reason. For me, I'm just not sure Ak is the hill I want to die on regarding how cultural influencers use their platform...in regards to "these kids gettin killed". You know who else uses an even bigger platform to "kill kids"? Lyor Cohen, Todd Moscowitz, Kevin Liles...the list goes on. We know this...yet if they trot out another one of these fashion trap choker chain *****s that perpetuate a whole ****load of negative stereotypes, we gon buy the **** if them 808s hittin. I watched Dame scream on all them *****s by himself while nobody else said ****.

I think it's beyond labels now. I blamed labels post NWA and Two Live Crew. Now they don't have the influence they used to. It's more about what the public is flocking too.

Like how they flock to the former stripper(Cardi), or body kit chick(Nicki) instead of the average woman(Rhapsody).

Last edited:
I enjoyed listening to J. Prince's book but I wish he would have gone more into detail about some things. Especially the Master P, C Murder run in.

I understand he's trying not to incriminate anyone though.

I enjoyed listening to J. Prince's book but I wish he would have gone more into detail about some things. Especially the Master P, C Murder run in.

I understand he's trying not to incriminate anyone though.

Didn't they kidnap Pimp C and pistol whipped him?

In other news, AK hinting that Drake got a Michael Jackson sample on his album if they can clear it :lol:

Edit: damn Joe Jackson just died

Back
Top Bottom