Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Bro never really had a chance. Miracle he made it to even this point. Hard life. Rooting for YoungBoy. He too talented!

yeah no doubt. I thought he raps from like an older dudes perspective, cuz he be talking bout struggling takin care of his kids and ****. then I found out he has a bunch of kids. yikes

I listened to it. he spitting. theres a couple really good tracks, the intro the one w joyner. tho he still sounds weird on quite a few tracks. beats are weird too. overall its ok. wont listen again

The intro wouldve been dope if he cut it down to three minutes. So far what I'm getting is that he's spitting in parts, but his usual corny antics shine through. Horrible hooks, subpar production and weird voice.

Yo wtf is going on with Joyner on that track? :lol Bruh came on sounding like a variant Big Sean, then switched it to Kendrick :lol

And Em gon have to stop ******** on the double time flow and then using it :lol

Kamikaze
F04993E4-1867-492A-84EC-59D06F5921E7.png

The intro wouldve been dope if he cut it down to three minutes. So far what I'm getting is that he's spitting in parts, but his usual corny antics shine through. Horrible hooks, subpar production and weird voice.

yup. youre spot on. those were my initial thoughts. best parts are when he's name dropping sadly

Bruh literally has a knockoff of Look Alive by Bloccboy :lol:

He killed it on the beat switch tho

Last edited:
Kamikaze, and maybe the intro the only songs worth keeping. It's a step up from the last album bit it's still hot hitting it. Hes in the right direction tho.

I don’t mess with em either but there’s a 90% chance your favorite rapper disrespects black women on your favorite song
u may disrespect ur mom
or ur brother and sister may have
but would u let someone else disrespect her
not a apples to apples comparison
but u get my point

Did Eminem bang your girl or something?

Kamikaze is pretty dope .
Em spitting fire
IMO
if he did
imm sure he called them a female dog
and the n word like he did those other black chicks
if u support m&m
u support the kkk
and for the record
cause i know magic gonna say something
i dont support r kelly
i have his old albums that i already had
so he hasn't had any new money from me

Being seen in pics with other rappers that don’t sound like you is wave riding? After ya said he needs more features and different production? What?! :rofl: :rofl:

All of this.

You know hip hop has taken a turn for the worst when people constantly criticize dudes like Cole but vouch for these fake street dudes. Ish is baffling to me.

Just finished a full listen through. I may be in the minority, but that joint was flames.

That boy was spittin :smokin

Came with all the smoke for all the cats talking about him. Naming names doesn’t happen nearly enough in rap anymore. Salute to Em for bringing that back for a moment.

I’ll give Kamikaze some spins moving forward. Revival was trash though.

I can't get with the flow on this Em album, he just can't find his flow. I didn't even download it, just listening to the preview on iTunes.

Someone post the lyrics to the Budden diss.

Saying he can’t find his flow is crazy imo.

I’ll concede that some of the hooks on here are dumpster worthy, but that man hopped in and out of so many pockets it’s not even funny. Was straight up staring at the speaker with my eyebrow raised wondering how son was doing all that with words and breath control.

Again. Son was spittin on this one.

What? He can't flow, he's off beat and he's all over the ****in place. I need that 97-01 flow. That smooth on beat flow. He's rapping fast, squeezing mad words into a bar. Yelling and screaming. Nah, that ain't for me.

Em can rap though, he'll always be able to do that. Every album has bars but his flow is so done and he's out of touch. It's pretty clear.

It's also kind of wild he dropped a surprise album after his last album didn't sell like typical Em albums and the reviews were terrible. Didn't expect this.

Anyone checking out the Bun B album?

Went back and downloaded it to listen to the full album cause I **** with @a blinking and harlemtothebronx harlemtothebronx

The Ringer is crazy, he talking his **** on that one. Gotta few parts on this song that were raw, I had the dumb face on. Still too many different flows for me.

I can't lie, I like Greatest. I like the hook too, **** had me kinda dancing when it dropped too.

Lucky You was kinda cool too. Something about it I liked.

Now when you like the first three songs, it changes your outlook on the album. Now I'm feeling it so I gotta finish it and see how it ends but it's definitely better than his last album.

The Paul Skits are cool too just because.

Stepping Stone and Not Alike were kinda fire too.

Back
Top Bottom