Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Eminem is one of the best writers to touch the mic. He suffers from a lack of content. His first 3 projects were great because he was unpacking his life hardships with wit, humor, lyricism, and shock value. We were learning who dude was.

Since then, he has changed his content because we know all about his life already. He had nothing to really talk about besides drugs, dumb stuff, and battling addiction. It wasnt really resonating.Everything else seems contrived, like some of the pop stuff. He was tryna reinvent himself in today's landscape. Allot of other rappers rap about the the same things like materialism, and enjoying life, just in different ways. But Em cant do that because its never been him and would come off as inauthentic.

I think the project is reaching allot of people because of his inspired content, proving doubters wrong (versus just talking about the doubt itself like on Revival) and its execution. Marshall is always better on offense than on defense, specially when inspired/ pissed off.

I rock with Drake but Pusha punished that man. Duppy was a valiant diss, but Story Adidon was a critical blow that made Drizzy’s war daddy J. Prince step in on some Drago/Apollo Creed ****.

C1C75AED-4A13-49B2-818D-EF737D4B724D.gif

Dude got punished so bad that another man who rarely steps into the forefront of things compromised his comfort level and whole aura just to save Drake

ADEACF1E-43AC-4F6D-864E-8BBDDDD8B4E6.gif

And then his fans “Aubs not thinking bout Pusher, he thinkin’ bout the charts”

“Nothing was confirmed, everything was just lies”

“Just watch, Drizzy in the lab ready to serve Pusher”

“Drake gonna recruit Weezy and go at Pusher even harder”

“Drake is just focused on Kanye anyway”

Last edited:
His music was always based on shock value more than replay value. That's why it falls flat now because we're not shocked by anything he says anymore

It's really wild we call this ***** a "rap god" when you put this in perspective :lol:

As much as ****** been crying about cultural appropriation, white this, black that....to turn around and acknowledge this ***** as some sort of icon and one deserving of belonging in the PANTHEON of a cultural sound is some of the most backwards **** in the world. They MADE you like him.

To mention this *****'s name amongst the greats is literally blasphemy. As far as I'm concerned...I'll acknowledge Gucci Mane as being a rap god before I would EVER acknowledge this trailer park trash *** created rapper.

Nah we dont call dude a rap god. He called himself that and his minions fell in line. He still hasnt produced a song lyrically better than Just Dont Give a ****.

I'll always respect Em for his first 3 albums and his ability as one of the best off the dome freestylers, but the LEVEL of success he has is crazy to me. Aside from the last albums, all his albums sold disgustingly well.

*** like that :lol:

Can you imagine if a "top" artist tried to make this today? :lol: We're disgusted by the Lil Pumps of the world but we allowed THAT.

If Em weren’t white, he’d be Hopspin or whatever that weird ***** name is.

Right. Tyler The Creator is a "weirdo". Eminem is a "legend".

Nah man. Ya'll ****** tried to throw Kanye away for rocking a hat and saying some dumb **** while pilled up...and forget this hillbillie made a song calling black women all types of **** and apologized saying his "black girlfriend" had broke his heart.

Nah man I'm not going.

His music was always based on shock value more than replay value. That's why it falls flat now because we're not shocked by anything he says anymore

The current genre of rap is based off that same shock value now. So in theory, Eminem birth these new n_.

Rap right now (atleast mainstream) is 85% shock value.

Em just trying to atone for his creation

If Em weren’t white, he’d be Hopspin or whatever that weird ***** name is.

Ehhhh, I’d say Chino XL or Pharoahe Monch. Shock raps aside, he’s still legit vastly skilled, and could go toe to toe with anybody. He just hasn’t made listenable music since Jason Sehorn left the Giants. Kamikaze is a big improvement over the disaster that was Revival, but still leaves something to be desired.

Last edited:
Hits Daily Double reports that the project will likely pull in 200,000 at the minumum within its first week, taking into account that Kamikaze physical releases have not yet rolled out

It's really wild we call this ***** a "rap god" when you put this in perspective :lol:

As much as *****s been crying about cultural appropriation, white this, black that....to turn around and acknowledge this ***** as some sort of icon and one deserving of belonging in the PANTHEON of a cultural sound is some of the most backwards **** in the world. They MADE you like him.

To mention this *****'s name amongst the greats is literally blasphemy. As far as I'm concerned...I'll acknowledge Gucci Mane as being a rap god before I would EVER acknowledge this trailer park trash *** created rapper.

Just glad I didn't have to be the one deliver this message for a change.

Ehhhh, I’d say Chino XL or Pharoahe Monch. Shock raps aside, he’s still legit vastly skilled, and could go toe to toe with anybody. He just hasn’t made listenable music since Jason Sehorn left the Giants. Kamikaze is a big improvement over the disaster that was Revival, but still leaves something to be desired.

Hell no, don't put Monch in the Em category. I think you mean a nice emcee who's underrated. Monch is a better rapper to me.

But a black rapper would never have gotten away with Em's subject matter and corniness. Even in his direct disses he went after journalist(since Joe is retired) and weirdo rappers. Is that a advance from going after Mariah and Brittney Spears?

Em proved Joe and everyone else right. He knows his album was subpar, that's why he released another album so soon.

He also proved Joe right about the Donald Trump diss. Em's disses are for attention. Donald Trump gave him none, thus killing a major part of his marketing plan.

Back
Top Bottom