Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Nah. See this club down here? It’s called club 54, we call it the haunted house for a reason. And buddy walking with that cap? That’s a smoker...

Like Jeezy said on “Feeling Like”: “trip to Lauderdale, reeee-up in Parkway. 50-50 make it back, that’s what the odds say” :nthat::pimp:

FD72D87E-650D-47BB-B03A-E21140662FB9.png

His music was always based on shock value more than replay value. That's why it falls flat now because we're not shocked by anything he says anymore

When Em was coming up I was listening to underground rap, so Em wasn't unusual to me.

He became a mainstream white rapper. Normally white rappers had it hard, but he had a co-sign so that erased that. Just like Beastie's and 3rd Base. Dre gave him that pass.

But Em was older than me, but made music younger than me. I just never understood that. He was in his late 20's making music for teens. That's never happen before. If he were 18 making the music he did it would have made sense. Normally artist made music for their age group or older. It was a good move marketing wise, because when you're a teen is when you latch on to artist. But being a little older than that I didn't understand that.

Em was damn near 30 putting out pop music for teenagers. You're a 30 year old man dissing pop acts.

People commented about how people say they can't relate to Em. I couldn't relate to someone 28 talking about their mom. You should have moved out ten years ago, why are you still mentioning your mom? You have a kid. But if you're 12 or 13, that appeals to you. Because you go through periods of hating your parents. If you're older than that you think this dude dying his hair and wearing a fake *** is corny.

A lot of people can't relate because of the way he told his story. It was white angst. A lot of black people can't relate to that. Despite not having a father or living in poverty. Because we don't lash out at the world. We persevere. Our anger is displaced in to other things.

Him being white brought people who didn't listen to rap in to rap, so of course they're going to think he's the GOAT, but their opinion doesn't matter.

Em never made mature rap to me. He still doesn't IMO. It's gimmicky and forced emotion.

Maybe that's why Em liked 50. Because 50 did what Em wouldn't do, diss any and everybody.

People talked about Drake, but who is on Em's list, Benzino, Ja Rule?

We didn't even get Em and Royce going back and forth.

Back
Top Bottom