Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

AZ.

I posted up the .38 Spesh/AZ joint "Honest Truth" a week or 2 ago. Added it to my run playlist thereafter.

Recently added this to it as well. Older joint.

Oddly enough, AZ has the most appearances on that playlist (lead or featured artist). And that caught me off guard.

But something about dude and the joints he's on just works for me. Especially navigating through NY. Driving. Jogging. Walking or on the subway.

Articulate. Smooth. Not soft/square, but not on some hyper violent **** either.

These are also on the playlist....

Just thought I'd share :lol:

One of the most consistent dudes in the genre, a legend off longevity

Last edited:
Eminem has a big portion of fans who just listen to him because he's white. I've seen and read "I don't even listen to rap but..." and all that type of noise far too much.

You're not wrong at all, but people have said the same in reference to Kendrick Lamar as well :lol:

Encore has gems it's just a garbage album overall.

Deja Vu might be his best song since TES and it's on Relapse, which you just called garbage, :lol:

You know how many times I've read "well, if you condense BP2 into a single album, it's actually good!" on here?

You guys need to be consistent.

Then again, this is the same place where dudes go ghost when their favorite rapper gets ethered and fails to respond.

Can't say I'm surprised.

I don't know about everybody else, but I've been saying this exact thing since BP2 dropped, cause it's true. Almost the entire 1st disc is a frisbee outside of 3-4 songs. So I really don't know what the point is right here.

I realized what it is with Em. He's not funny. That's why he goes rappity rap and tries to impress people with flows and adds celebrity names.

He's out of touch. Do you think Em sits around with his friends telling jokes? Does he seem like he's having fun?

Diss songs are jokes, true facts or just saying ill ****.

Em's fall flat.

He talked about my beard, I'm going to talk about his man bun.

This is very true. Even peak Em disses didn't really have any humor in there.

Omit half an album and damn near any album is going to be decent, that's the point.

Even Nastradamus is decent if you're willing to delete half the track list, :lol:

Same goes for the 4 mediocre Em albums.

Encore has a lot of good songs on it, the problem is that the bad songs on it are beyond bad, they're unlistenable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Omit half an album and damn near any album is going to be decent, that's the point.

Even Nastradamus is decent if you're willing to delete half the track list, :lol:

Same goes for the 4 mediocre Em albums.

Encore has a lot of good songs on it, the problem is that the bad songs on it are beyond bad, they're unlistenable.

Vol. 1 is like my favorite "take the filler off" album. Minus I Know What Girls Like, Sunshine, Face Off, that album is great.

Vol. 1 is like my favorite "take the filler off" album. Minus I Know What Girls Like, Sunshine, Face Off, that album is great.

Ya, great example.

Kingdom Come is another Jay album that is kinda whatever but the good songs on there are REALLY good.

I realized what it is with Em. He's not funny. That's why he goes rappity rap and tries to impress people with flows and adds celebrity names.

He's out of touch. Do you think Em sits around with his friends telling jokes? Does he seem like he's having fun?

Diss songs are jokes, true facts or just saying ill ****.

Em's fall flat.

He talked about my beard, I'm going to talk about his man bun.
He’s always seemed like the most boring dry person. And this has been going on for 20 years. At times I thought nah he’s just playing the straight man thing up but it’s been 20 years. Dude is a miserable bore

One thing I’m wondering though my stan’ing aside

If mgk does respond what can either of them really say to each other?
Their both dudes who admit all their flaws in their songs,

I’ve barely listened to mgk but from what I listen to he raps his flaws too

It’s the b-rabbit 8mile thing

All mgk has really been saying is you old, and your music isn’t the same as it was and I was just joking about hailie

All Eminem said was you wish you were me and I gave you relevancy again, and keep hailies name out your mouth

This beef boring tbh

The drake and pusha beef was more fun than this :lol:

One thing I’m wondering though my stan’ing aside

If mgk does respond what can either of them really say to each other?
Their both dudes who admit all their flaws in their songs,

I’ve barely listened to mgk but from what I listen to he raps his flaws too

It’s the b-rabbit 8mile thing

All mgk has really been saying is you old, and your music isn’t the same as it was and I was just joking about hailie

All Eminem said was you wish you were me and I gave you relevancy again, and keep hailies name out your mouth

This beef boring tbh

The drake and pusha beef was more fun than this :lol:
Why would mgk respond
M&m diss was trash
Only people talking bout it
is folks In this thread
Mgk won

Back
Top Bottom