Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The culture gotta stop playing both sides w **** like this

“Dude shouldn’t have been capping in his raps” but yet every rapper from Drake talking about sand colored FNs and Childish Gambino even dropping greasy lines on that 21 monster verse

What’s the line between just having fun in raps and actually putting yourself out there as “hard” bc the culture almost requires everyone to have that aspect to them, even the “nerds” do it “ironically”

The culture will cry over X situation and then go back to propelling music that clowns the exact position X played in that scenario :lol:

Kinda extends to 6ix9ine too...there really isn’t many ways to go up rn without that aspect to your character.

The root of this problem is that the black diaspora, maybe just in youth, often feels like a ***** either has to be a shooter or he’s ***** so most upcoming artists craft their persona towards the former

We don’t know what we want as a culture and we are too far gone

But yeah homie has a bologna slice in the middle of his face now. Wow.

Man what?

Lmao

There was a guy named YNW Sakchaser.

But he got killed by YNW Melly.

"Allegedly."

Oh yikes
978ED5C7-C725-4EA2-B217-8B98D6ABF8EA.jpeg

^yikes, was wondering what happened to OG Maco

Also, so that vid of Almighty Jay being jumped, and if he wasn’t sagging those tight as under armour jeans, they would’ve never caught him. He didn’t eve give himself a chance

Man what?

People will clown YBN for being a cap rapper but the culture consistently makes that type of music the only thing that’s successful to where even a Kanye or Drake or Childish gambino throws a “tough” gun or goon line in their ****...so if you’re a kid tryna get on you about to be the “woke” nerdy kid or you gonna do what YBN and Tekashi did? It worked for Biggie

Is it no cap rap at all allowed or people picking and choosing who to enforce that sentiment on?

Same w how ****** cry about X but then listen to music that clowns the role that X played in that situation (****** being jack boys and **** clowning people who get caught slipping)

playing dumb gets u more reps tho lol

When has Kanye said thug **** on records explicitly without it being a metaphor?

Drop a pin for the fade and I'm on my way ASAP
Don't get socked in the mouth, you know homie don't play that
Pay the fire marshal bill 'cause this **** done got way packed
They wanna see me go ape (ape, ape)
All you gotta do is speak on Ye
Don't get your tooth chipped like Frito-Lay

Y’all know exactly what type of lines I’m talking about and the fact that you chalked it up to a metaphor already without me having to post any lines speaks exactly to the logic of how y’all pick and choose who can “cap rap” and who can’t

They make for great moments on a song but Drake isn’t doing anything with a sand colored FN and Ye isn’t pushing up to any PINs for smoke

The culture doesn’t know if it wants to be street or not

Drop a pin for the fade and I'm on my way ASAP
Don't get socked in the mouth, you know homie don't play that
Pay the fire marshal bill 'cause this **** done got way packed
They wanna see me go ape (ape, ape)
Don't get your tooth chipped like Frito-Lay

Y’all know exactly what type of lines I’m talking about and the fact that you chalked it up to a metaphor already without me having to post any lines speaks exactly to the logic of how y’all pick and choose who can “cap rap” and who can’t

The culture doesn’t know if it wants to be street or not
So throwing hands is "cap" ****? I dont remember Kanye ever holding a gun on camera like the little dude who just got his *** whipped. Hip-Hop has embraced and allowed non "cap" **** to prosper and succeed since its inception, you dont have to do that **** if you dont want too. I dont know who "yall" is but all I ever wanted as a fan was authenticity with dope beats/rhymes. But honestly this instance aint even about the music. If you pop **** and insult people you'll get beat the **** up eventually, been that way since the dawn of man. Dont matter what kind of music you make.

I just looked up dude on Youtube, this is one of the first videos I see

Were supposed to be surprised he got hands put on him? This aint a song or a rap lyric, he talking ****. Got to be ready to deal with the repercussions

Hip-Hop has embraced and allowed non "cap" **** to prosper and succeed since its inception, you dont have to do that **** if you dont want too. I dont know who "yall" is but all I ever wanted as a fan was authenticity with dope beats/rhymes. But honestly this instance aint even about the music. If you pop **** and insult people you'll get beat the **** up eventually, been that way since the dawn of man. Dont matter what kind of music you make.

The child of a single mother, raised in the Bedford-Stuyvesant area of Brooklyn, a small-time drugs dealer who had done time by the age of 17 - he had all the right credentials to authenticate his lyrics. Wallace is eager to make it clear, however, that not all her son's lyrics were rooted in real experience. As for the mink coat, she never had one. "In another song, he said he bought me a car - I can't drive. It's something he would have liked. Some of the stories are his friends' stories."

The displays of aggression that are presented as reality in rap are not so much for the "homies" in Bed-Stuy as for the main buyers of hip-hop: white, middle-class boys excited by the images of a violent African-American culture. Was he pushing that myth? "Like he rapped that he was poor and Christmas missed him? Christmas never missed my son," Wallace says firmly. "As far as the line about the landlord insulting us, I never owed. Up to this day, my credit is the best in the world. He's telling a story."

_____

The culture picks and chooses man.

Y’all can’t sell kids 40 years of cap *** ****** and then they supposed to rap about playing Fortnite and **** now that the internet exists to expose your old pics

Either no one can cap or everyone can

And if no one can cap then stop glorifying street **** that is cap to confuse these kids into thinking that’s the only way to make it

Again even the conscious people you’re bout to bring up as the contrary example have elements of the tough **** in their music

I just looked up dude on Youtube, this is one of the first videos I see

Were supposed to be surprised he got hands put on him? This aint a song or a rap lyric, he talking ****. Got to be ready to deal with the repercussions

Bro definitely a young eager ***** but that’s what I’m saying.

The culture promotes **** like slime and slatt until it’s on PacSun hoodies without really knowing what that entails and is surprised every time that these ****** are walking around with this dumb *** mentality thinking this **** is GTA in real life.

I’m rambling but I guess my main point is that you can only be Uber successful in rap talking about 3-5 things so why are we surprised these kids are creating these personas to escape a lower/middle class that will not exist in less than 50 years...it almost ties into why Budden was crying about de la soul, the industry creates the problems it complains about. The exact same thirst for blood and then regret that fueled the east coast west coast beef has fueled everything dumb in rap since

But maybe I’m talking to the air bc there is no singular entity you can blame it on.

Either no one can cap or everyone can
Or maybe you can rap about **** you know, see or experience in your everyday life. Again their are plenty of avenues for rappers to take when it comes to their content and they can be successful at. What does that video I posted have to do with his music. That aint a song or a video, he's literally threatening somebody on camera with a gun on social media.
Kanye didnt do that
J Cole didnt do that
A Tribe Called Quest didnt do that

Big acts across multiple eras of hip-hop, if you dont want to do that **** than dont

Or maybe you can rap about **** you know, see or experience in your everyday life. Again their are plenty of avenues for rappers to take when it comes to their content and they can be successful at. What does that video I posted have to do with his music. That aint a song or a video, he's literally threatening somebody on camera with a gun on social media.

He definitely unnecessarily created a persona but so have a great portion of the legends in rap is the point I’m making lol

What examples does he have

Isn’t Jadakiss from the suburbs lol

This supposed to be the first cap free generation or something lol

He definitely unnecessarily created a persona but so have a great portion of the legends in rap is the point I’m making lol

What examples does he have

Isn’t Jadakiss from the suburbs lol

This supposed to be the first cap free generation or something lol
The ones who couldnt back that **** up got hands, feet, blades, and bullet's put on/in them. Jadakiss is from Yonkers New York I believe, I dont know him personally but I dont remember him ever getting the treatment the kid in the after mentioned video got so clearly he could and can handle himself.

Back
Top Bottom