Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Famous rapper/business owner/activist gets slain in front of his business complex and no major media conglomerate gives two ****s.

The thing I can’t wrap my head around is his age. I know the hood don’t care about none of that, but to be 33 and a great businessman that does for his neighborhood, 33 just seems a couple years too old to catch one in the head with another five to the body. :smh:

1. Military teaches you to hit center mass first. So it wasn’t a military style hit. No military training ever teaches you to walk up to someone and shoot them in the head.
2. The National Guard is controlled by the State. Not by big government like he’s trying to elude too.

Not credible

Thank you. I've heard so many conspiracy theories in the past few hours that people re-post whether it makes sense or not.

Any shot in the head is a hit. As if people don't get shot and killed in the head in the hood.

People saying it was a dude that walked up to him asked for pic then ran back to a car somewhere with a female driver. Tariq Nasheed was taking calls on his show and a lot of people from there was saying that area was real busy, it's construction going so traffic is heavy, police everywhere, to getaway with all that attention after at least 8 shots got fired **** just sound suspect. Why would somebody think they can get away with all that attention?

People saying it was a dude that walked up to him asked for pic then ran back to a car somewhere with a female driver. Tariq Nasheed was taking calls on his show and a lot of people from there was saying that area was real busy, it's construction going so traffic is heavy, police everywhere, to getaway with all that attention after at least 8 shots got fired **** just sound suspect. Why would somebody think they can get away with all that attention?

**** ain't adding up, Not to mention It ain't like they caught Nipsey slipping on some random block, he was in a Plaza where he owned multiple businesses & had plenty of people around. How in the **** did someone get away with that. Literally a day before he supposed to meet witht he L.A police commissioner about stopping gang violence. It just don't feel right.

I just hope the message ain't lost and folks don't get discouraged. If it was a cat from the hood he'll get what he's owed.

If it was deeper, they can't kill all of us and they know that and it's why they strategically take our leaders and the ones we look to for the path to get us out of this system.

Folks need to absorb the message regardless. The man was preaching. We need to celebrate him while we mourn and put our energy in the right place.

Anybody that can't see it now it might be too late for you but a lot of us see the blueprint. We need to teach it to others. If this was "them" then they ****ed up with this one.

I will say this, I'm glad that Nipsey got his love & recognition with this last album & year he had. He put in Work over the years and hiphop as a whole showed genuine appreciation to him & his movement while he was alive, his family & friends got to see the Love he gave returned to him while he was still with us which usually doesn't happen these days.

remember everybody and they mama was crip walking like it was the electric slide
Snoop tried to tell folks "that goes for kids too and r&b singers quit crip walking if you ain't a gang banger"

Fat Joe spoke on that back on Lean Back

“These ****** ****** even made gang signs commercial
Even Lil' Bow Wow throwin' it up
B2K Crip walkin' like that's what's up?”

The Nipsey **** really broke my heart, man.

He was really setting an example and was one of the first REALLY giving back and buying back his community for HIS people. ****'s cold, man.

They eventually teamed up to buy the plaza on West Slauson, currently zoned for buildings that max out at 40 units. Nipsey and Gross are aiming for 100 units, which requires a lengthy entitlement process, so they’ve been working with the city and local council members on the details—hence the long timeline. And they’re building smart.

Buried in the tax overhaul of 2017 is a provision to encourage investment in state-designated low-income enclaves known as Opportunity Zones. Under the law, investors can shift capital gains into institutions located in these areas, where the capital is taxed at a reduced rate; new opportunity investments can grow tax-free.

There are basically no limits on the amount of money that can be plowed into an Opportunity Zone or the amount of tax that can be avoided. Is it possible the program is excessively business-friendly? Not for its ambitious goals, backers say.

The purchase of the plaza also marks the beginning of a coalition called Our Opportunity—led by Gross, with Nipsey as a founding partner—that will aim to team with local legends in 10 cities as part of a broader Opportunity Zone-based fund. From there, Nipsey envisions building a tax-advantaged lifestyle empire, all linking back to his music.

“The vision is to launch franchises,” says Nipsey, imagining a line of The Marathon Clothing stores, barbershops, fish markets, restaurants. “There's such a narrative to this parking lot—that's a part of my story as an artist.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackom...one-real-estate-mogul-blueprint/#34d53fc26364

:smh::stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

Because that's all he wanted was attention
There's crazy people out there

**** ain't adding up, Not to mention It ain't like they caught Nipsey slipping on some random block, he was in a Plaza where he owned multiple businesses & had plenty of people around. How in the **** did someone get away with that. Literally a day before he supposed to meet witht he L.A police commissioner about stopping gang violence. It just don't feel right.

It happens. Friend of my mine was executed downtown in New Orleans in the gym. He was on a machine, they shot him 2-3 times. Walked out and came back in and shot him 2 more times before fleeing.

People are in a state of shock and sometimes don’t remember or too afraid...a shooting only take seconds.

It happens. Friend of my mine was executed downtown in New Orleans in the gym. He was on a machine, they shot him 2-3 times. Walked out and came back in and shot him 2 more times before fleeing.

People are in a state of shock and sometimes don’t remember or too afraid...a shooting only take seconds.

Trust me Bro i grew up in the Bronx through the 90's & early 00's i know that Murder and gang violence happens frequently... but this case right here, where it was done, how it was done.... I just can't genuinely tell you i believe this was just some random street **** that popped off my spirit just not rolling with that, not knowing how those people historically have moved out there.

Back
Top Bottom