Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Y'all too blessed and be having too much money in this rap game to be goin to war with each other

Part of the entertainment process. Can't expect for the music to carry a particular energy, and not see it resonate in reality.

Whenever I hear these things with particular artists, I'm not surprised by it. I believe NBA Youngboy is what he portrays in his art. I believe Tee Grizzley is. Because I believe them...I believe how two rap entourages can get into some **** over whatever and shots get exchanged (if that's true).

It's not possible for them to portray tough guy ****...and not get tough guy **** results in real life. There has never, and will never be a world where the dark side of this culture is just entertainment, and everyone is on some kumbaya **** in real life.

Kodak can't stay out of his own way...and I completely understand why he can't stay out of his own way...based on what he portrays himself to be. The same energy that makes his music great is the same energy that yields his reality.

Last edited:

Anybody else in here posted this? 2/4 parts.

There was so much wrong in this.

The security guard was wilding on a power trip. Did he know he was being filmed? He couldn't have been that stupid. You work a minimum wage job. When he screamed at Tiny I wanted to lay hands on him.

and one of the cops was almost just bad.

The chick who worked for the security company didn't try to defuse the situation at all. She needs to be fired. TI shouldn't have been arrested.

Part of the entertainment process. Can't expect for the music to carry a particular energy, and not see it resonate in reality.

Whenever I hear these things with particular artists, I'm not surprised by it. I believe NBA Youngboy is what he portrays in his art. I believe Tee Grizzley is. Because I believe them...I believe how two rap entourages can get into some **** over whatever and shots get exchanged (if that's true).

It's not possible for them to portray tough guy ****...and not get tough guy **** results in real life. There has never, and will never be a world where the dark side of this culture is just entertainment, and everyone is on some kumbaya **** in real life.

Kodak can't stay out of his own way...and I completely understand why he can't stay out of his own way...based on what he portrays himself to be. The same energy that makes his music great is the same energy that yields his reality.

Is NBA Youngboy who he portrays he is? All I see is him taking L's.

A gun and some face tatts doesn't make you gangsta.

Finally watched Schoolboy Q and CTG. That was interesting. Hearing him talk about Blankface not selling and messing him up.

**** them reviews! I don't make music for them!

I'm guessing Crash Talk had even worse sales so I hope he doing okay mentally.

Finally watched Schoolboy Q and CTG. That was interesting. Hearing him talk about Blankface not selling and messing him up.

Sold around 4K more than Blankface, but based on him making that a purposefully trendy sounding album, he probably wanted way more than that

I meant to listen to that this weekend.

I thought this album was mediocre. It's funny when artist lash out for people having an opinion. You love it when they praise it.

And it has to be hard for them(Soul, Jay Rock, Q) next to Kendrick, and the pressure he puts on them with sales.

Yeah maybe we should wait till he kills someone so he can prove himself to you.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. You genius you :lol:

You can be gangsta and not be in altercations and try to avoid them.

Nothing about NBA Youngboy seems like that, other than someone trying too hard.

He wasn't mad at the reviews, Blank Face got great reviews but he was mad that didn't translate to sales. Album didn't sell like Oxymoron.

This all explains the sound of his new album. It's more generic and aimed toward the sounds of today. He sounds scared of not selling and basically his rap career ending.

Damn. The person who died got hit by a stray in a car rental spot across the street.

A 19-year-old woman was found inside one vehicle with a gunshot wound to the upper extremities, Zabaleta said. She was transported to a hospital and listed in stable condition.

Moments later another 911 call came in reporting a male shot inside a vehicle at a shopping center across the street from the hotel. Sunny Isle officers immediately responded and discovered the man with an apparent gunshot wound to the head. The victim has been identified as 43-year-old Mohammed Jradi, Zabaleta said. It appears that a stray bullet traveled from the property of the Trump International across the street, through the parking lot and struck Jradi, who was working. “We have spoken to family members and of course our heart and our deepest condolences go to the family,” he said.

A 5-year-old boy was also grazed by a bullet. He was treated at the scene by fire rescue and released.

Last edited:
Diddy buggin’ :lol:

27E28A26-7FF4-49E3-A589-F34741DD0137.png

Back
Top Bottom