Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Chris brown has been making bad music for a long time. No idea how that doesn’t get brought up. I think people feel bad he never reached his full potential cuz of the Rihanna thing so they let him get a pass.

I was like 8-10 when the first album came out and I have to respect that he’s had hits consistently every period of my life since

I remember watch Yo! Excuse me debut on 106...him bouncing back with Look @ me now after the Rihanna **** made him flop w Graffiti...all the way to Loyal being what it was that year...I’m missing plenty more in between

You gotta respect that he probably gonna be one of those dudes with a 20 year run and you didn’t even notice because he was 15 when he came out. He’s <6 years away from having hits for 2 decades straight.

Put sum respeckt on it. He solid in his lane and lowkey kinda created a sound.

nah, i'm good...
D5vAEEHW4AAK4me.jpg

that dust head Justin Bieber posted this
giphy.gif

Chris Brown was on the OC at 16 yrs old, many think that if he never had the Rihanna incident he would've been bigger than Beiber, Timberlake, Weeknd, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, bigger male popstar than them all

Chris Brown was on the OC at 16 yrs old, many think that if he never had the Rihanna incident he would've been bigger than Beiber, Timberlake, Weeknd, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, bigger male popstar than them all

I've literally never heard anyone say that

I've literally never heard anyone say that

Ya reaching to dub his trajectory before that Rihanna ****

And the fact that he still as successful and long term relevant as he is even with that incident is a testament to how big he still is with the urban community. White people/mainstream America love using that to bring him down like it held any relevance beyond that day we saw him and ol girl at the Lakers game :lol:

So if it was like it was where Wrigley was putting him in commercials and **** and he was on The OC, yeah he’s bigger than Bruno/Bieber/whoever else is in “that” convo.

Bruno had to get on 90’s/80’s beats to get black people to claim him. Everyone else aside from Usher, who is a diff generation...in this convo is either white or “ambiguous”...lol and they accepted by the culture but they don’t have a Run It or Yo excuse me miss or even a Loyal....hit records that’s gonna take your generation back to grade school....

Last edited:
you act like singers and rappers never did commercials and guest spots on tv shows before him
(The Tanning of America by Steve Stoute is a good book on that subject matter btw i got the ebook on my computer if anyone wants it hit me)
I understand why you feel differently, you were 10 when he came out, I was damn near 30 when he beat up Rihanna
i didn't say he was terrible just not as great as people like to paint him he's got some good songs and is a great dancer
i said he hasn't really matured as an artist and vocally he's not that great

It wasn't a guest spot, he was a regular there every ep for a while season, sold 3 mil WW on his debut album at 16 yrs old too

it was 3 episodes in the 4th and final season
I never once mentioned anything about what he could've been if not for the incident, don't know why this is even a conversation

Mad people in the industry and outside of it have said he was gonna be the next MJ until that Rihanna fight.
if he had what it took to become the next Michael Jackson, the Rihanna thing might've thrown it off course, it wouldn't have stopped it completely
that's a lofty goal for almost any artist you can name today, Michael Jackson's success was other worldly
not even taking Chris' talents into consideration, just with how microwavable the music industry is now, how fast
entertainment is produced and discarded these days, it's virtually impossible
The comparisons were natural because he started young and danced like MJ but were nothing more than hyperbole
musically he wasn't doing anything particularly innovative (again, not saying he was bad)
his peak was Usher, which is still a fine career after it's all said and done

Never liked Cee-Lo. Voice is annoying and he a ****in weirdo.

I'm a big Remy Ma fan, I loved her solo album. She nice as ****.

Big L man, so underrated. Both albums fire, he was a monster.

Back
Top Bottom