Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Listening to these Cash Money pre Universal tapes on Apple Music and it’s like they lost something (other than everyone leaving ofc) when they stopped doing the pen and pixel covers.

Just went back and listened to "Dirty South" and never realized that **** is basically Cool Breeze's song.

it's been two years and he hasn't had a hit since Heartbreak on a Full Moon and he's dropped so many tracks or features. He's on a decline when it comes to major hits
Nah, Freaky Friday was one of the biggest songs of 2018. I hear Undecided a ton around NYC. Highly doubt this guy is going away anytime soon and will probably drop another hit this summer.

Listening to these Cash Money pre Universal tapes on Apple Music and it’s like they lost something (other than everyone leaving ofc) when they stopped doing the pen and pixel covers.

Everything was fine til Juvie left really. He was the franchise player. Wayne's Lights Out album was probably the first sign that things was changing. Album was bad and sold bad. And they probably just got caught in over saturating. All the solo albums, Big Tymers albums, Hot Boyz albums.

Lil nas x good with me. That was dope seeing how turnt those kids was.
I do root for the young man's succes.. that said, next time he plays a grade school, hope he finds alternative lyrics for lean all in my bladder.

08D5C88A-418F-4A0A-B6B1-A7C497962927.jpeg
CE362C60-3C20-4001-BC57-E334E4738216.jpeg

Trap goat up to something

Nah, Freaky Friday was one of the biggest songs of 2018. I hear Undecided a ton around NYC. Highly doubt this guy is going away anytime soon and will probably drop another hit this summer.

Freaky Friday wasn't his song and Undecided isn't really a "hit" so to speak. Not to say He's unpopular or washed, just saying his music isn't making as big as a splash as they used to

I guess Cee Lo need to be in the convos about singing/rapping/pushing musical boundaries as well when they happen.

He really does. He certainly he had his own "weird" moments. His daughter actually used to go my home church's school years ago. Never approached him or anything but def remember seeing him standing in the back of the church during one of the school programs

Back
Top Bottom