Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Yeah it was literally right after the racist Cristal **** too

Bruh popped up w the Ace of Spades in the Show Me What You Got video and told _'s it was some rare French **** he discovered in a ny wine shop, come to find out he already owned a major portion of the company :lol::smh:

Honestly best case scenario for a lot of these dudes would be to get a small percentage of a company & then promote it as if it's some random european brand. I remember Cam speaking on this years back also, he was an owner of a lot of different chains in Harlem but decided to keep quiet about where/what so dude's wouldn't decide not to support just because he was behind it.

for whatever reason this culture still shows hesitation in propping up our own, but if someone from outside the culture has ownership & rappers are just used for promotion they will support :smh:

I thought Dre was the first hip hop billionaire

Still.

KbiG5xl.png

Honestly best case scenario for a lot of these dudes would be to get a small percentage of a company & then promote it as if it's some random european brand. I remember Cam speaking on this years back also, he was an owner of a lot of different chains in Harlem but decided to keep quiet about where/what so dude's wouldn't decide not to support just because he was behind it.

for whatever reason this culture still shows hesitation in propping up our own, but if someone from outside the culture has ownership & rappers are just used for promotion they will support :smh:

Self hate is very much a real thing, unfortunately

Had no idea that Aced of spades would be his biggest money maker.

what he's did with that x Dusse plus what Puff did with Ciroc should be a blueprint for all other products hiphop has a big part in.

IDK why these dudes don't just either create brands, or simply target specifics brands, buy stocks in them & then go about promoting it that way.

From clothing comapanies, to drinks, to electronics etc etc, hiphop music controls the cool & perception of a lot of brands. If dudes could just get in early, buy the stock & then promote the product soooo much money could be made.

Manufacturing your own product is very expensive. Especially for many black folks who don't have the connections or resources to do so. That would then have cause the **** to he dumb expensive and you know people are when black folks start selling some expensive ****, unless it has hype behind it.

I never cried when Pac died
But I prolly will when Hov does..
And if my tears hold value
Then I would drop one for every single thing he showed us..

And I'd be standing in a puddle :pimp:

Say what you want about Wheelchair Jimmy, these bars have aged magnificently.

Hmmmm, these bars show what?

That he didn't listen to Rap in the 90s, started listening to Jay when he watched TRL with the Klan. Then tried dissing Jay a few times. Those bars sure mean something.

Manufacturing your own product is very expensive. Especially for many black folks who don't have the connections or resources to do so. That would then have cause the **** to he dumb expensive and you know people are when black folks start selling some expensive ****, unless it has hype behind it.

Excuse, excuses, excuses. Same way white people, Asians, etc pool their money together l, so can we. If y’all continue to make excuses, then deal with whatever scraps you’re left with and don’t complain

Back
Top Bottom