Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

BS. If Wayne woulda died in 07...he’d be revered by y’all “classic” hip hop cats. He lived long enough and did enough bs to clown himself out.

Part of the backlash with Wayne is he had a 3rd career that started in 08....where the majority of his fans and his music is what the core hip hop fan base rejects...but mainstream, youth and white American love. He relished in it, they marketed and copied it heavy....and championed it. That brought resentment from the core hip hop fan base. That’s really what happened.

If you look at Wayne career in totality...you’d see a dynamic child star who had peaks and valleys. To dismiss his critical peak (02-07) and lump that in with his commercial peak (08-13) misreads him.

If you were around in the early to mid 00s...you know that Wayne was a street rapper who was mixtapes and albums were under the surface of mainstream...and he was heavily respected.

It’s one thing to not be fully into his music for whatever reason (some of it fair). But to act like he was some boilerplate, soulless rapper that tricked his fans is disingenuous.
Out here taking these haters to church on a Sunday.
B9430A5F-7E85-4565-AA41-744BA6A3B166.png

You take the hot boys ****, with the mixtape **** (squad up, suffix, prefix, dedication 1 & 2, drought 1-3, w Carter collections, singles, Carter 1 & 2, features etc). All that was from 96-07....when he didn’t have any real stains on his name, and was looked at as an underdog of sorts for a time.

He’d be much more revered if his career didn’t continue from there. I saw the perception change in real time. I personally stopped listening to Wayne in 08. So you not talking to a ***** who don’t know :lol:.

BS. If Wayne woulda died in 07...he’d be revered by y’all “classic” hip hop cats. He lived long enough and did enough bs to clown himself out.

Part of the backlash with Wayne is he had a 3rd career that started in 08....where the majority of his fans and his music is what the core hip hop fan base rejects...but mainstream, youth and white American love. He relished in it, they marketed and copied it heavy....and championed it. That brought resentment from the core hip hop fan base. That’s really what happened.

If you look at Wayne career in totality...you’d see a dynamic child star who had peaks and valleys. To dismiss his critical peak (02-07) and lump that in with his commercial peak (08-13) misreads him.

If you were around in the early to mid 00s...you know that Wayne was a street rapper who was mixtapes and albums were under the surface of mainstream...and he was heavily respected.

It’s one thing to not be fully into his music for whatever reason (some of it fair). But to act like he was some boilerplate, soulless rapper that tricked his fans is disingenuous.

To ya'll super fans yeah. :lol:

His "critical peak" wasn't much. Ya'll super Wayne fans love to rewrite the history on him. Nobody was talking about Wayne being this great rapper or "the best rapper" until like 06. 02, 03, 04 Wayne wasn't even being talked about as the best in the south. He don't even have hands down classic album.

And he was never looked as some street rapper either. :lol: He was rich since like 14. You probably wasn't out having these convos and knowing what was going on.

We all grew up and realized he wasn’t really saying ****. The sq tapes always appreciated, but listen to C3 now and tell me that some best rapper ****, he was outworking everyone tho I’ll give him that.

Everybody that was running with that Wayne is goat or Wayne the best are saying the same thing about Aubrey right now. Whoever is the most popular is the best to them ******.

His "critical peak" wasn't much. Ya'll super Wayne fans love to rewrite the history on him. Nobody was talking about Wayne being this great rapper or "the best rapper" until like 06. 02, 03, 04 Wayne wasn't even being talked about as the best in the south. He don't even have hands down classic album.

And he was never looked as some street rapper either. :lol: He was rich since like 14. You probably wasn't out having these convos and knowing what was going on.

Don’t gotta be talked about as “best rapper” to recognize the talent and what that resume built leading up to him popping his ****, and trying to take that title. Whole hoods in my city was heavy Wayne heads. I’m talking paradox, choices and hammerjacks playing Wayne blocks from mixtapes . Vividly remember *****s getting Weezy dreads in Baltimore and other **** then. Tapping them songs word for word. In the trenches. This true story. I was fresh off the porch then dawg. Running in and around the scenes. I can tell you from my experience....Wayne was absolutely looked at as a street rapper in that era. And his music wasn’t seen as no gimmick play ****.

It’s a reason a certain demographic of dudes reference the squad tapes and dedications (what broke gangsta grills along with Jeezy) as seminal moments.

You just wasn’t hip. It’s ok.

We all grew up and realized he wasn’t really saying ****. The sq tapes always appreciated, but listen to C3 now and tell me that some best rapper ****, he was outworking everyone tho I’ll give him that.

Everybody that was running with that Wayne is goat or Wayne the best are saying the same thing about Aubrey right now. Whoever is the most popular is the best to them *****s.

C3 ain’t it....and I knew the moment it dropped. I ain’t have to grow up to realize that. But you can’t front on yo before he went pop.

Don’t gotta be talked about as “best rapper” to recognize the talent and what that resume built leading up to him popping his ****, and trying to take that title. Whole hoods in my city was heavy Wayne heads. I’m talking paradox, choices and hammerjacks playing Wayne blocks from mixtapes . Vividly remember *****s getting Weezy dreads in Baltimore and other **** then. Tapping them songs word for word. In the trenches. This true story. I was fresh off the porch then dawg. Running in and around the scenes. I can tell you from my experience....Wayne was absolutely looked at as a street rapper in that era. And his music wasn’t seen as no gimmick play ****.

It’s a reason a certain demographic of dudes reference the squad tapes and dedications (what broke gangsta grills along with Jeezy) as seminal moments.

You just wasn’t hip. It’s ok.

You talkin bout some goofy _'s that looked up to him though. _'s in DC would laugh at you for getting dreads because of Lil Wayne. :lol:

He was never that good. Period. During the early 00's dudes was talking about Jay, Nas, Scarface, 3k, Beans, Kiss. Nobody was mentioning Wayne until 06 (ironically that was a low point in quality overall in hip hop).

You just don't know and rewriting history. Boosie, Jeezy, TIP was looked at as street rappers around that time not Wayne. He was super popular but nobody was cutting on Wayne for street music.

You talkin bout some goofy _'s that looked up to him though. _'s in DC would laugh at you for getting dreads because of Lil Wayne. :lol:

He was never that good. Period. During the early 00's dudes was talking about Jay, Nas, Scarface, 3k, Beans, Kiss. Nobody was mentioning Wayne until 06 (ironically that was a low point in quality overall in hip hop).

You just don't know and rewriting history. Boosie, Jeezy, TIP was looked at as street rappers around that time not Wayne. He was super popular but nobody was cutting on Wayne for street music.

Nah...you just wrong dawg :lol:. It’s ok. The track record proves it.

Wayne won the damn lyricist of the year award at dusty *** ozone awards back then :lol:. His gangsta grills and squad tapes went crazy. And *****s f’d with it HEAVY.

You just wasn’t hip. Boyz in the hood was supposed to be Tip, Jeezy and Wayne at a point. But you don’t remember that.

Nah...you just wrong dawg :lol:. It’s ok. The track record proves it.

Wayne won the damn lyricist of the year award at dusty *** ozone awards back then :lol:. His gangsta grills and squad tapes went crazy. And *****s f’d with it HEAVY.

You just wasn’t hip. Boyz in the hood was supposed to be Tip, Jeezy and Wayne at a point. But you don’t remember that.

This man brought up ozone magazine (started by a white chick) like that was some well respected go to magazine.

Yeah, you wasn't out. :lol:

This man brought up ozone magazine like that was some well respected go to magazine.

Yeah, you wasn't out. :lol:

Classic Maximus to completely disregard evidence and throw a :lol: emoji. Let’s not actually debate the content of my words..but still it down to a sentence. I see ya. But I was there. You wasn’t hip. It’s ok.

:emoji_blush:

And it was he HIMSELF who said it first, beat that into people's heads in so many songs, and people drunk the kool-aid and started believing and repeating it themselves :rofl: he was simply a guy on Cash Money with a pretty good album pushing "Go DJ" in 2004 to "
giphy.gif
" in 2006. Yea right :rofl: Dude has always been average getting by on sheer volume of music and "swag", and so many of his own fans/stans finally realized that all these years later. That's why so many of his fans have been boosting up his recent features, cause they're buried so much in false nostalgia that they're willing to pump up the slightest better than mediocre verses from him. They were pissing themselves over that horrendous "Uproar" song
mjlol.png
dude is trash, been trash for a long time, and he only "fell off hard" cause his fans had him on equal footing with legit legends instead of just living him where he was always supposed to be --- along side dudes like Memphis Bleek, Tony Yayo, and Kyjuan, sidekicks.

And it was he HIMSELF who said it first, beat that into people's heads in so many songs, and people drunk the kool-aid and started believing and repeating it themselves :rofl: he was simply a guy on Cash Money with a pretty good album pushing "Go DJ" in 2004 to "
giphy.gif
" in 2006. Yea right :rofl: Dude has always been average getting by on sheer volume of music and "swag", and so many of his own fans/stans finally realized that all these years later. That's why so many of his fans have been boosting up his recent features, cause they're buried so much in false nostalgia that they're willing to pump up the slightest better than mediocre verses from him. They were pissing themselves over that horrendous "Uproar" song
mjlol.png
dude is trash, been trash for a long time, and he only "fell off hard" cause his fans had him on equal footing with legit legends instead of just living him where he was always supposed to be --- along side dudes like Memphis Bleek, Tony Yayo, and Kyjuan, sidekicks.
This **** got me cracking up why you put that damn GIF lmfaoo

giphy.gif
mjlol.png

:rofl:

I respect the consistency.

giphy.gif
mjlol.png
Jesus Christ. Did you practice this post in the mirror?

Ether said from the chest. :rofl:

Classic Maximus to completely disregard evidence and throw a :lol: emoji. Let’s not actually debate the content of my words..but still it down to a sentence. I see ya. But I was there. You wasn’t hip. It’s ok.

:emoji_blush:

If you just gon rewrite history can't really have a debate. I've watched wayne's whole career play out since Juvie an BG was the franchise players on CMR. Don't think you have. Your view of him is skewed by the popularity he got in 06 and 07.

You sound ridiculous lol who on Cash Money wasn’t a street rapper back then? Drake might be the first rapper signed to the label not marketed as a gangster rapper. Listen to Wayne content before he went pop...He was basically a trap rapper. He was actually supposed to replace Jeezy when he left Boyz n the hood. How you mentioning Jeezy and Tip and excluding Wayne when the three of them basically were peas in a pod during that time period?

This 2004...On one of Destiny Child’s biggest singles ever. How you figure nobody was talking about Wayne until 06?

You sound ridiculous lol who on Cash Money wasn’t a street rapper back then? Drake might be the first rapper signed to the label not marketed as a gangster rapper. Listen to Wayne content before he went pop...He was basically a trap rapper. He was actually supposed to replace Jeezy when he left Boyz n the hood. How you mentioning Jeezy and Tip and excluding Wayne when the three of them basically were peas in a pod during that time period?

This 2004...On one of Destiny Child’s biggest singles ever. How you figure nobody was talking about Wayne until 06?

Big facts.

*****s think skateboard and lollipop Wayne is the same Wayne from CMR.

They forgot. When Hov said he “might give this to mixtape weezy” on DOA....that was for a reason.

giphy.gif
mjlol.png

:lol:

I remember telling dudes in here that TIP was more popular and selling more records than him at one point and _'s was bout to have a stroke. A lot of his fans got into hip hop around 06 and 07 when Wayne really started to become a superstar so they think dude was always this "best rapper alive, selling the most". He's their Jay, their Pac and it's sad. :lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom