Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

*****s talmbout Turk :lol:. FOH.

You posting songs during a time when Turk was ALREADY in the pen :lol: :rofl:

Young & Thuggin > Tha Block is Hot, Lights Out

Turk was already doing his bid by 2002. From 1996- 2001, LIL WAYNE WAS NOT BETTER THAN TAB VIRGIL, JR aka TURK.

Wayne himself will tell you

Turk was already doing his bid by 2002. From 1996- 2001, LIL WAYNE WAS NOT BETTER THAN TAB VIRGIL, JR aka TURK.

When was this Rap City recorded cause by 2002 I'm pretty sure B.G. was already off of CMR. In fact, 500 Degreez dropped that year and was free of Juve, B.G. and Turk.

When was this Rap City recorded cause by 2002 I'm pretty sure B.G. was already off of CMR. In fact, 500 Degreez dropped that year and was free of Juve, B.G. and Turk.

That’s my point. By 2002. Wayne was the only one remaining on Cash Money. 500 degreez dropped in the fall of 2002

Crocket be knowing the facts but he still has these grandiose thoughts that he cannot overcome. Just hard-headed on purpose. Wayne was the 4th best Hotboy and he knows it, everyone knows it.

As a solo act, he was the better, eventually. I’ll give him that. He turned into one of the GOATS. But adolescent years??? 4th fiddle

Turk was never better than Wayne bruh :lol:. Stop it. Wayne had classic records before Y2K hit

And Turk himself will tell you he wasn’t better than Wayne. He was wilding and wasn’t focused at the time...and Wayne was. That’s why Wayne took advantage and leveled up. IE Turk was on the OG Back Dat *** up or Bling Bling. He was talking about this in a Vlad interview. All the OG CMR dudes always give it up to a young Wayne for his pen game. They recognized he was a prodigy then.

There’s a reason why Wayne is prominently featured and his parts remembered with Cash Money’s explosion and biggest records in the late 90s .

Bling Bling - The Hook
Back Dat *** Up - The refrain “drop it like it’s hot”
We on fire
I need a hot girl
Project Chick
Rich *****s

And he held his own on the posse cuts and had did his thing on his albums.

The rappers his super fans try to group him with got classics. Jay, Nas, Pac, Ice Cube, Scarface etc. Even Kanye got classics.
First off, I'll be straight and admit I have NOT listened to all of these guys complete discographies and I know I'm gonna get flamed because I didn't really rock with Illmatic or Reasonable Doubt.

That said, I've heard every Jay album minus 4:44 and thought Black Album was classic, maybe Blueprint too. I'd have to go back and listen again. I like Nas but haven't heard any classics from him. I know Illmatic is highly guarded but the style of music production didn't work for me. It has that old school NY vibe to it and while I'm not trying to throw shots, I can honestly say that an entire album of that doesn't work for me.

Nothing bad to say about Face or Pac :smokin

I still can’t believe they wasted Tha Block Is Hot and Respect Us on a Wayne song. Should have done a Hot Boys remix on those songs.

Turk was never better than Wayne bruh :lol:. Stop it. Wayne had classic records before Y2K hit

And Turk himself will tell you he wasn’t better than Wayne. He was wilding and wasn’t focused at the time...and Wayne was. That’s why Wayne took advantage and leveled up. IE Turk was on the OG Back Dat *** up or Bling Bling. He was talking about this in a Vlad interview. All the OG CMR dudes always give it up to a young Wayne for his pen game. They recognized he was a prodigy then.

There’s a reason why Wayne is prominently featured and his parts remembered with Cash Money’s explosion and biggest records in the late 90s .

Bling Bling - The Hook
Back Dat *** Up - The refrain “drop it like it’s hot”
We on fire
I need a hot girl
Project Chick
Rich *****s

And he held his own on the posse cuts and had did his thing on his albums.

Yeah Turk was on the album cut of Bling Bling but got high and didn't show up to the video shoot. He said he felt like Wayne took that opportunity and flourished. The stories he told about him a B.G. getting loaded are sad. If I'm not mistaken, Turk said he OD'd twice in 2 days :smh:

It’s just plane ole 100% unadulterated hate to say the block is hot beat was “wasted” on Wayne :smh:.

Even Peep Game Peep Game will tell you he smoked that :lol:. That boy was flowing.

Those were good songs. But him in a group setting >>>> him in any solo setting at all. Rapping in the middle of BG, Turk, and Juve had him way more tolerable than he’s been ever since.

It’s just plane ole 100% unadulterated hate to say the block is hot beat was “wasted” on Wayne :smh:.

Even Peep Game Peep Game will tell you he smoked that :lol:. That boy was flowing.

Best part of the song is the hook, would have loved to have a BG and Juvie version.

It’s a damn shame what happened to Turk. I thought Turk was dope back then and I wanted that album. He was off getting high and in jail, then when he finally got it going. Everyone ****in left. We should have had a Turk album in 98 or 99

As soon as I get off shift, I'm gonna go back and listen to the Hot Boys albums. Ya'll crazy if ya'll think Turk was better than Wayne. He was always the weakest link :lol:

Most memorable part. Sparked this off crazy :pimp:.

I raise you.... Turk>>>>

Wayne simply learned from BG and Turk’s mistakes. Which is smart. But that didn’t make him a better rapper than them, from 1996-2001. They simply were strung out, junkies who were not functioning addicts.

That’s why they were absentee. It is what it is :lol: :rofl:

Now look, Wayne is ironically in the same predicament that halted BG and them careers. He was just better at functioning on drugs, than they were. They lasted a good 4-5 years, he lasted 15+. Which is cool.

(Wayne was better on this song. By this point, Turk got redundant and started repeating verses. Them drugs bout did him in at this point)

Best part of the song is the hook, would have loved to have a BG and Juvie version.

It’s a damn shame what happened to Turk. I thought Turk was dope back then and I wanted that album. He was off getting high and in jail, then when he finally got it going. Everyone ****in left. We should have had a Turk album in 98 or 99

SAY IT LOUDER broski! Boys don’t understand. People only remember the hook and video of “Tha Block is Hot” and they know it :lol: :rofl:

BG and Turk couldn’t defeat their inner demons. That’s the ONLY thing that held them back. But they made a humongous impact

Them gogo _'s been getting dreads, that's where it came from. Gogo is the dominant culture in DC. They don't d ride rappers like that. You not familiar with DC culture giving Wayne credit for dreads. :lol: Y'all stans give him credit for everything.
"Them"? Not "we" or "us"? Just proved you not from the city and don't know what you talking about :rofl:

Take your knowledge to back to Manassas or Annapolis.

Back
Top Bottom