Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Oh...theres no way old Eminem would survive in todays industry. In a society where sexual harrasment accusations are ending legendary careers and everyone is shouting for equality..I can not imagine most of his old stuff getting appreciated like that. He def came out at the right moment back then.

Oh...theres no way old Eminem would survive in todays industry. In a society where sexual harrasment accusations are ending legendary careers and everyone is shouting for equality..I can not imagine most of his old stuff getting appreciated like that. He def came out at the right moment back then.

The xxx dude says and does a lot of crazy **** and his fans love him for it. Slim Jesus had people talking for a second. We'll never know but I think Em would be big if he came out today.

Em would be accepted because he’s w____

There’s no other way around it

The "I can't relate" is a copout. Mad black and hispanics grow up with family and friends addicted to pills, having issues with their parents, poverty and depression. Now, you can say you see him and don't look like him, that's a problem but the I can't relate **** is BS to the fullest.
I agree with this somewhat. The crux of the Eminem hate when I was growing up mainly had to do with the fact that he was white. Songs like Kim definitely turned people off, but a lot of people made their decision on him as soon as they saw My Name Is (which I don't think is a bad intro single).

I recall it not being particularly 'cool' to be an Eminem fan. Most of his fans were less popular and/or socially awkward when I was in high school.

Makes sense considering he kind of gave a voice to kids who were bullied.

I agree with this somewhat. The crux of the Eminem hate when I was growing up mainly had to do with the fact that he was white. Songs like Kim definitely turned people off, but a lot of people made their decision on him as soon as they saw My Name Is (which I don't think is a bad intro single).

I recall it not being particularly 'cool' to be an Eminem fan. Most of his fans were less popular and/or socially awkward when I was in high school.

Makes sense considering he kind of gave a voice to kids who were bullied.

Totally opposite in my experience :lol:.

***** used to love Eminem from like 98-03. He was always seen as the "crazy white boy" who could rap, and was funny.

Em at his height was down with Snoop, Dre, 50 and damn near the whole west coast early 00s resurgence. We was def rocking with Shady. And everybody enjoyed 8 mile.

But somewhere along the way....the "goofy" songs kept popping up and weren't sounding good or resonating. That's where he lost most of us.

Thank you, :lol: this is the truth. There’s no way. Eminem would be outta there real quick.
Em would be accepted because he’s w____

There’s no other way around it

Nah bro. Being white is a big + but that’s not gonna save you from public scrutiny when you say certain things. There would be marches against that *****

Totally opposite in my experience :lol:.

***** used to love Eminem from like 98-03. He was always seen as the "crazy white boy" who could rap, and was funny.

Em at his height was down with Snoop, Dre, 50 and damn near the whole west coast early 00s resurgence. We was def rocking with Shady. And everybody enjoyed 8 mile.

But somewhere along the way....the "goofy" songs kept popping up and weren't sounding good or resonating. That's where he lost most of us.

Yeah, black folks rocked with Em heavy back then. First time I heard the Marshall Mathers album was from people playing it outside. He just fell off. And now only white people love his music cuz he looks like them and his style is catered to them now.

Yeah, black folks rocked with Em heavy back then. First time I heard the Marshall Mathers album was from people playing it outside. He just fell off. And now only white people love his music cuz he looks like them and his style is catered to them now.

Yup.

It's funny. I went to this restaurant "Bill Batemans" a while back. They got posters all over of rock and country acts (all white). The ONLY poster they had of a rapper was.....

Eminem :lol:.

Yeah, he got the major co-signs from legends who had the respect of everyone in the industry. My high school was probably an outlier then. I always assumed that most black and hispanic kids weren't huge fans because he didn't look like us mainly.

It was really the perfect situation to pick up those minority fans while still holding down a spot on the wall reserved for country artists.

Em would be just as big if not bigger in this Era.... as far as mainstream went a lot of his superstardom came from pissing people off & doing Comedic ****. In this Era of PC people & social media Em would be just as successful.

surprised there hasnt been a white boy to try his formula again

em would be 10x bigger now because it's way easier to troll/piss off america...i.e. Tyrese and his crocodile tears trying to sell you a hoodie

surprised there hasnt been a white boy to try his formula again

em would be 10x bigger now because it's way easier to troll/piss off america...i.e. Tyrese and his crocodile tears trying to sell you a hoodie

I think the difference is that EM got respect from all the top dudes & the underground on top of it all. Dudes said all they wanted about his antics but they knew he was 1000% with that pen & he was completely ingrained in Hiphop. in Essence he kinda ****ed it up for a lot of white rappers because he set the bar so high, there's not many people in rap period who could give you some silly pop **** & then go bar for bar with some of the GOATS.

For a good 5-6 year period Em was hitting with EVERY demographic.

There's been rappers with his formula, they just black dudes with majority white fanbases I.E. Tyler, Hopsin, XXX, etc :lol:

Tyler might just be the perfect example for Em's trajectory in today's climate.... Now you add in the fact that he's white & has a full cosign of Dr Dre & the backing of Jimmy Iovine's money & you get Huge success.

& i just realized that we're talking about Em as if he's been retired for 10 years or as if he's still not dominating pop sales. Em is still releasing music similar in content to what he did before & selling millions upon millions in today's climate lol.

Eminem would he insanely huge in today's PC era. His early music was made for this time.

***** XXX really stated he's gonna use this *** whipping for clout & he's gonna mess their money up things Brazy out here man :lol::lol::lol:

cTe7UST.png

I think the difference is that EM got respect from all the top dudes & the underground on top of it all. Dudes said all they wanted about his antics but they knew he was 1000% with that pen & he was completely ingrained in Hiphop. in Essence he kinda ****ed it up for a lot of white rappers because he set the bar so high, there's not many people in rap period who could give you some silly pop **** & then go bar for bar with some of the GOATS.

For a good 5-6 year period Em was hitting with EVERY demographic.

Yep. Em basically went through the ringer grinding from the bottom. Currently, white rappers appear strategically planted. G-Eazy, Macklemore, Machine Gun Kelly, etc. They can be popular by completely circumventing the black audience, even if they do work with rappers for that same audience.

EM rocked du-rags with the cape out and nobody said ****...the hood loved him. :lol:

And I'm 15 mins into this EP and Joe is talking to AK like Mr. Clark was talking to Steel on the roof. He scolded AK for a good 10 mins like he was his Pops...it was the truth tho.

:rofl::rofl: at the imagery, but it was needed. These dudes be talking to AK like their friends & someone is gonna put him under pressure for adding heat to the situation.

Back
Top Bottom