Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Think Bronson helped as well as far as featuring alot of guys still making that kind of music. He's not mainstream by any means but his reach was little bigger than others

they all just proved people still out there looking for music that sounds like some 90s ****.

I'm still really only listening to stuff I did growing up tbh.

I was in a deep trap/party rap phase for a minute because rap was in a weird place at the time then Flygod came out and they went on their run and it reminded me why I loved hip hop in the first place. I enjoy the Young Thugs and Migos of rap but Wu-Tang and Outkast founded my love in hip hop and it's just really nice to have something that is organic and not an impersonation bring me back to that.

Green Lantern/Marciano too from what I remember
Absolutely, I got put on too a lot great artist by these guys and others. I wouldn't of discovered Ka without Roc (or GZA for that matter). Bronson introducing me to Lauren, AG, and Maffew. Hell I got put on to GxFR from Skyzoo (He works with nothing but MC's).

they all just proved people still out there looking for music that sounds like some 90s ****.

I'm still really only listening to stuff I did growing up tbh.

I said this in the Griselda thread, they filled a big void in the game. All of Griselda, 38 Spesh, Roc Marci. They got a whole movement going w/o compromising nothing. No "club bangers" or "radio hits". Giving people that grimey lyrical ****.

My homie put me on to Conway round the time I got shot. From there I discovered Benny.

Ironically he's the same guy that put me onto Roc and Gibbs. Dude really has an ear for this ****.

I said this in the Griselda thread, they filled a big void in the game. All of Griselda, 38 Spesh, Roc Marci. They got a whole movement going w/o compromising nothing. No "club bangers" or "radio hits". Giving people that grimey lyrical ****.

Griselda played their first show in the bay (oakland) a couple weeks ago and I recounted my experience in the official thread and this is going to sound corny but that was the most "magic" I've felt in a rap show since my first concert (Rock the Bells 05 which for a kid nerding out on rap growing up was heaven). Everyone but 38 Spesh/Crimeapple was there. Mostly by surprise sans WSG/Conway/Benny. Flee Lord, El camino, Rick Hyde all tore it down too.

I need the Dump Gods to squash whatever issues they got with Gunn and the team. This style of hip-hop aint big enough again yet for people to start beefing again

Griselda played their first show in the bay (oakland) a couple weeks ago and I recounted my experience in the official thread and this is going to sound corny but that was the most "magic" I've felt in a rap show since my first concert (Rock the Bells 05 which for a kid nerding out on rap growing up was heaven). Everyone but 38 Spesh/Crimeapple was there. Mostly by surprise sans WSG/Conway/Benny. Flee Lord, El camino, Rick Hyde all tore it down too.
I saw them dudes in Maryland like 2 years ago, think it was when WestsideDoom got announced. They along with Smoke Dza was opening for the LOX. That was my initial introduction to Benny actually but I thought they were amazing. Conway had me rolling because he did an Undertaker impersonation after his Cow verse

I saw them dudes in Maryland like 2 years ago, think it was when WestsideDoom got announced. They along with Smoke Dza was opening for the LOX. That was my initial introduction to Benny actually but I thought they were amazing. Conway had me rolling because he did an Undertaker impersonation after his Cow verse

Conway would straight Super Saiyan charge up after he would kick a freestyle or spit one his best verses :lol: :smokin

R-237499-1327009074.jpeg.jpg

R-2252363-1327008910.jpeg.jpg

The duo that doesn't get the love they deserve
Still top 5 live performers in the game

Back
Top Bottom