Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Man I honestly don't care about all that extra fashion stuff. :lol:

I'm talking about their music. It's nothing original or distinctive about either one of them. They've bite pieces off of different people and became some corny fusions. It's all smoke and mirrors with both of them.

who have they bit? Both dudes been mainstream since 2012 or 2013. Thats 7+ years deep. If you’re going to say they bit Kanye or Pharrell, cool.

what contemporaries have they bit? Only dude I can say is Spaceghostpurrp. Otherthan that, their contemporaries have bit THEM :lol:.

fashion matters just as much as these so called “personalities” y’all talk about. If it’s so “not about the music much anymore” then how can you say fashion is irrelevant? Y’all try to blur the lines too much.

One minute, it’s not all about the music. The next minute, it is?

the whole game is “smoke and mirrors“ now. see what I mean? Here go the picksy-choosing again

K Camp was supposed to perform for PVAM’s homecoming, but a whole bunch of students were complaining like “we don’t wanna see no damn K Camp”, so he backed out then dropped a diss track to them :rofl:

Shout out to PeeVee for knowing their worth.. Nobody wants to hear that one hit wonder.

who have they bit? Both dudes been mainstream since 2012 or 2013. Thats 7+ years deep. If you’re going to say they bit Kanye or Pharrell, cool.

what contemporaries have they bit? Only dude I can say is Spaceghostpurrp. Otherthan that, their contemporaries have bit THEM :lol:.

fashion matters just as much as these so called “personalities” y’all talk about. If it’s so “not about the music much anymore” then how can you say fashion is irrelevant? Y’all try to blur the lines too much.

One minute, it’s not all about the music. The next minute, it is?

the whole game is “smoke and mirrors“ now. see what I mean? Here go the picksy-choosing again

Travis bite Future, Sway Lee, Thug etc.

Rocky bite Lil B, Houston's whole culture and sound, the whole asap mob been "paying homage" to 3-6 their whole career. :lol:

You making excuses for them. The whole game ain't smoke and mirrors. Neither Rocky or Travis have added anything to hip hop. They no real talents outside of following what's hot and doing what's already been done. Travis is all autotune and beats. Rocky ain't much of a rapper and he got one great project that was all about the beats and vibe Spaceghost gave him.

K Camp sounds about right for a random homecoming act...Y'all would be surprised by some of the lineups most schools have other than the few real popular homecomings, gotta work with a tight budget and schedule...Seems like the students just wanted the ppl in charge to reach for the stars, wonder who they booked instead of Camp

One of the most random ones was when I went to Coppin State's homecoming one year and they booked the 2nd string Dipset members and had the big joint from Floetry come to do 1 song :lol: ... Juelz and Jimmy was there but they aint eem do a song 4real, was basically a Hell Rell and JR writer show :lol:

Damn, they can't even feed off Morgan and Delaware State :lol: Get an artist to appear at Morgan and Coppin.

Yeah, AT&T, Howard, FAMU and AUC are the exception.

Meg and Da Baby are popular this year

K Camp sounds about right for a random homecoming act...Y'all would be surprised by some of the lineups most schools have other than the few real popular homecomings, gotta work with a tight budget and schedule...Seems like the students just wanted the ppl in charge to reach for the stars, wonder who they booked instead of Camp

One of the most random ones was when I went to Coppin State's homecoming one year and they booked the 2nd string Dipset members and had the big joint from Floetry come to do 1 song :lol: ... Juelz and Jimmy was there but they aint eem do a song 4real, was basically a Hell Rell and JR writer show :lol:
Forget that... PeeVee can definitely pull a better artist than him. My HBCU, Mississippi Valley State, is probably the smallest in the SWAC and our campus is located in the middle of nowhere, yet we booked Lil Boosie for our homecoming 2 weeks ago. (Tickets at the door were like $35)

Travis bite Future, Sway Lee, Thug etc.

Rocky bite Lil B, Houston's whole culture and sound, the whole asap mob been "paying homage" to 3-6 their whole career. :lol:

You making excuses for them. The whole game ain't smoke and mirrors. Neither Rocky or Travis have added anything to hip hop. They no real talents outside of following what's hot and doing what's already been done. Travis is all autotune and beats. Rocky ain't much of a rapper and he got one great project that was all about the beats and vibe Spaceghost gave him.

the whole game IS smoke and mirrors right now. All these cats biting. And been biting the last 10 years or so. Future has bit too. 2008-2010 Future, and present day Future are NIGHT AND DAY! Future definitely has bit guys like Key!, Rocky and Travis Scott. All these dudes be using autotune but hey....Rocky and Trav are the only ones.

C’mon. Again, y’all say whatever, to fit your narratives. ASAP and Trav ain’t did nothing for hip hop? :lol: :rofl:
Modern day? These dudes created A LOT of the popular movements y’all see.

Im a ASAP rocky fan but bruh, really? You’re a northern act, who bit the south. Most notably, Travis’ hometown of Houston.....

Isn't everything about Travis something he bit? From his look to his sound? Hell didn't he bite the title and cover for Astroworld also?

It's ok for him, but not not Rocky?

And with the internet and current rap everything is gumbo. Biting is dead.

Isn't everything about Travis something he bit? From his look to his sound? Hell didn't he bite the title and cover for Astroworld also?

It's ok for him, but not not Rocky?

And with the internet and current rap everything is gumbo. Biting is dead.

:lol: :rofl: :lol:

The whole rap game been biting Trav’s hometown (Houston) but he’s the biggest culprit? Man please. Trav has never meandered away from his style/sound. He’s always been kid cudi/Pharrell/Kanye, mixed with his Houston twang.

dude has never proclaimed himself as the greatest, or GOAT. He makes his music, stays in his lane, and stays out of the way. Dude literally has had the same style his entire career........
And the whole astroworld fiasco, shame on him of so but c’mon, that was a Houston theme park.

that’s like someone from NY making an album called New Jack City, or all these various ATL or national artist using the words “Trap” in their album Titles. C’mon man, it’s just a damn word.
Shoot, at one point down here in Florida, everyone had a mixtape with the word “Goon”. It’s just regional wording. Like really? “Astroworld”?
Anyone from Houston can use Astroworld or Astrodome, those are local landmarks :lol:

Last edited:

A7203060-E670-4165-8B3F-A89645EFDA7F.gif

the whole game IS smoke and mirrors right now. All these cats biting. And been biting the last 10 years or so. Future has bit too. 2008-2010 Future, and present day Future are NIGHT AND DAY! Future definitely has bit guys like Key!, Rocky and Travis Scott. All these dudes be using autotune but hey....Rocky and Trav are the only ones.

C’mon. Again, y’all say whatever, to fit your narratives. ASAP and Trav ain’t did nothing for hip hop? :lol: :rofl:
Modern day? These dudes created A LOT of the popular movements y’all see.

You just making excuses dawg. :lol:

"well everybody does it"

Yeah the game is filled with a lot of dudes that's lacking in talent so they cover it up by doing whats easy and popular. Travis and Rocky are part of that crop of rappers. You can't even say MUSICALLY what they're great at. Lyrically? Storytelling? Melodies? Flows? Nothing.

"well everybody does it"

Yeah the game is filled with a lot of dudes that's lacking in talent so they cover it up by doing whats easy and popular. Travis and Rocky are part of that crop of rappers. You can't even say MUSICALLY what they're great at. Lyrically? Storytelling? Melodies? Flows? Nothing.

rocky has a dope flow and he’s showed his lyrical prowess on many a song.

travis has great melodies and great song structure. He says a few witty, catchy bars here and there. They stand out to ME because they usually have a methodology to their albums or mixtapes. They have well thought out, cohesive plans. I’d say rocky has fell off lately. He was my #1 guy from like 2011-2015.
Again, they both serve their purpose

From a musical standpoint i would agree that Rocky & Travis haven't added anything "New" to music but they have created pretty distinct sounds based on things that existed.

In terms of hiphop culture as a whole A$AP in general has one of the biggest influences of this decade in terms of the Aesthetic & lifestyle. Hence why there's a list of cats after them carti, uzi, ski mask, etc etc have usually been championed by A$AP prior to them blowing up.

Travis whether he created that sound or not... the sound that he makes is now synonymous with him, because he created the best variation of it.

A$AP mob reminds me A LOT of Dipset in terms of their impact on culture as a whole compared to their actual "superstardom". They not selling the most records but their tapped in heavily with all the next incoming artist & movements. Rocky went through a period where he didn't drop music in about 2-3 years & was just as visible as any top tier artist.

The show is good - it’s strictly about the music. None of that gimmick Making The Band drama.

the show goes through all sports of hip hop:

Try-outs
Cyphers
Battle Rap
Making a Video
Then live Performance

my top 3

Flawless is dope
Dee One is dope
The Dalmatian Hair Shorty is dope

rocky has a dope flow and he’s showed his lyrical prowess on many a song.

travis has great melodies and great song structure. He says a few witty, catchy bars here and there. They stand out to ME because they usually have a methodology to their albums or mixtapes. They have well thought out, cohesive plans. I’d say rocky has fell off lately. He was my #1 guy from like 2011-2015.
Again, they both serve their purpose

Rocky and "lyrical prowess" in the same sentence.

We don't even know what Travis real voice sound like through all that autotune and studio trickery

A1Bny.png

"well everybody does it"

I would argue that Travis is Great at melodies & has been since days before rodeo

A$AP Rocky to be exact is great at flowing and that's about it.

With that said this same question can be asked About 90% of the the dudes on the billboard list. the Aesthetic & lifestyle of an artist is more relevant to artist success than ever... and Rocky moreso than anyone else has influenced that for this new generation

Rocky and "lyrical prowess" in the same sentence.

We don't even know what Travis real voice sound like through all that autotune and studio trickery

A1Bny.png

Yeah, ain’t that bihhh? Future sounds like Doc Rivers on some songs, then Pee Wee Herman. I be feeling the same way sometimes.

They all got that Miche’l’e syndrome. Ain’t it!?!?

Back
Top Bottom