Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

That camo zip joint is flames.

I can see Karl Kani making a big comeback in the next year. They had some dope pieces back in the day. I remember seeing their ads in the source and xxl growing up.

Quiet as kept, it’s only a matter of time before cats bring back fubu as well.

that Kani logo >>>>>>>>>>>>

joint was very unique and simple. And of course their great marketing

Song be going in, on the NBA commercials huh :pimp:

Two of the best doing it!

The goat brought Baby out to perform this one at the Legendary Nights show in the A.The crowd was on a million :lol: :smokin

“Where I’m from we don’t do fraud
You either a king pin or a take god”

“Trillion dollar *****
Street ****** call me Pluto
Really I’m a trap ***** I can wrap a kilo
Sip some sizzurp
Took me to number 1 no promo
I’m in space ships, I’m on Mars on the low low
I’m in the phantom with the stars feel like Fabo
I got million dollar stars on my pay roll
I feel like you different once you make it out the mud
Got a brand new Richard I can’t wait to hold it uppp”

1573829699753.gif

Last edited:
that Kani logo >>>>>>>>>>>>

joint was very unique and simple. And of course their great marketing

Brands can run their course or get tired but his logo is timeless. That **** still looks good today. I know most of my boys gonna kill me for wearing it but I don't give a ****. I'll wear that Kani sweater over some Supreme or overpriced Gucci or LV.

And I've purchased four Kani hoodies/sweatshirts the last two years all for under $20 a pop. They're very detailed and high quality, way better than any of those $100 Nike and Supreme hoodies you see.

Brands can run their course or get tired but his logo is timeless. That **** still looks good today. I know most of my boys gonna kill me for wearing it but I don't give a ****. I'll wear that Kani sweater over some Supreme or overpriced Gucci or LV.

And I've purchased four Kani hoodies/sweatshirts the last two years all for under $20 a pop. They're very detailed and high quality, way better than any of those $100 Nike and Supreme hoodies you see.

When I was kid. Wanting to start a lil local t-shirt brand, I use to try and plagiarize his logo a little. I could never duplicate a similar style

Lowkey, Scarface my favorite H-Town rapper but when I think about that Houston flow/twang, and wordplay, I think of Big Hawk. Also Fat Pat. Them boys sound so good on any song

You wasn’t even allowed to go outside in 1995.......

I’m just gonna start hitting y’all with a swift “n**** please” when y’all posting nonsense:lol:

I was outside in 95 learning about life. Shout out to Wilder Avenue in the Bronx, PS68, and Edenwald. Don’t go to Edenwald if you can prevent it though. **** Marissa from PS68; she curved me. Probably got mad kids right now. She was a bird even at 7 :smh:. 95 and 96 was when I first started realizing that Blood stuff was really going crazy in NY. Cats getting their face slashed on the trains, girls carrying razors to school under their tongues. We won’t even talk about how ****** were giving it up on Halloween. I won’t flex, my mom wouldn’t let me go out on Halloween. Those were scary times for a 7 year old me. Don’t think I got to properly go out galavanting until I moved to Mount Vernon. Shout out to Mount Vernon btw.

Never bought or saw the hype in Supreme, not buying a logo for the sake of it.

Crazy how people still line up for it at their stores.

supreme is dope. Don’t let the hype blind you. They’ve traditionally had FIRE designs and campaigns. It’s not even expensive. It’s just the resellers.

They’ve always had great creative direction. Don’t the new age influx confuse you.

there stuff has always been dope and groundbreaking

I’m just gonna start hitting y’all with a swift “n**** please” when y’all posting nonsense:lol:

I was outside in 95 learning about life. Shout out to Wilder Avenue in the Bronx, PS68, and Edenwald. Don’t go to Edenwald if you can prevent it though. **** Marissa from PS68; she curved me. Probably got mad kids right now. She was a bird even at 7 :smh:. 95 and 96 was when I first started realizing that Blood stuff was really going crazy in NY. Cats getting their face slashed on the trains, girls carrying razors to school under their tongues. We won’t even talk about how *****s were giving it up on Halloween. I won’t flex, my mom wouldn’t let me go out on Halloween. Those were scary times for a 7 year old me. Don’t think I got to properly go out galavanting until I moved to Mount Vernon. Shout out to Mount Vernon btw.

90s was TREACHEROUS dawg. I’ve already mentioned before how my moms said they use to be scared to cross the Broward/Dade county line and go to Miami. Said they use to be scared *** hell to go to Miami!!!

My aunt moved to a projects down here. Her and her 4 girls. They broke into her house and stole the GROCERIES dawg. My mom slept with a knife under her bed. We had burglar bars. I can’t remember how many times my mom had to replace Nintendo’s, PlayStations, etc. our house got broken into MONTHLY. Probably went through 5+ game systems in 2 years.

Our house got broken into on VALENTINES day :lol: :lol: :lol:
My uncle stole some Gold Dayton’s and a grill.... he took me to his room, pulled back a sheet in his closet. Joints was GLEAMING....

a couple days later, someone broke in and stole them s**** :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone ever listen to a song and the lyrics and MCs are fire but the beat and hook are so trash that it’s hard to even play song? Was just listening to some of the old Kayslay joints and he literally has some of the worst and corniest hooks with some of the dopest lineups.

Yo cats stealing the groceries is some wild ****. Florida really different out here. :rofl:

dead at ****** pulling kick doors on Valentine’s Day. :lol:

Anyone ever listen to a song and the lyrics and MCs are fire but the beat and hook are so trash that it’s hard to even play song? Was just listening to some of the old Kayslay joints and he literally has some of the worst and corniest hooks with some of the dopest lineups.

I think I posted a video a week or two ago and commented about how terrible the hook was.

A lot of mixtape stuff was like that for me. If it wasn't them rapping over known songs, I skipped it. It was a lot of generic cheap sounding beats and people who couldn't craft songs.

Making an overall good song that covers the beat , real good lyrics and catchy hook is hard work ...That’s why we often see the all or nothing split with cats that just got bars vs those who trying pump out “hits” ...takes some extra sauce to do both consistently

Kay Slay used to always find dudes who can spit but just jam them lyrics into some random bs production ...must have been hard for yo to book studio time with the good producers back then :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
If you were ever outside at a time...you’d appreciate Big Soulja for what he brought to the game (everybody plays a role).

Speaking of new rappers....I’m rocking with this. Seriously :pimp:

Free Kodak! Go Ravens. Lamar! Black excellence :pimp:

Oh lawd Jetson made another one!!

This hard :pimp:

Scooter hit different :pimp:

Why Keed have to skate like that? :smh:

Back
Top Bottom