Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Why can I see this being DC in the club
7D46D9CD-093B-44A1-9C2D-8156C6C8F17D.gif

Down to the shirt color and everything :lol:

I kinda slept on the Carter 5. He actually put effort into it. Got into his heartfelt bag more than I remembered on first listen but the second half was pretty meh

Last edited:
I kinda slept on the Carter 5. He actually put effort into it. Got into his heartfelt bag more than I remembered on first listen but the second half was pretty meh

The downside were the blatantly dated tracks (Travis’ one being obvious)

but there were definitely some joints on there, overall album needed better quality control though

MBDTF is damn near a compilation of the biggest acts in hip hop during that time. LR is Kanye at his purest
While the first sentence may be true, how does that slight the project at all sonically? If anything, it elevates it. On paper it may sound easy to just throw all the hottest rappers on tracks together and make hits but in reality, it doesn’t work like that. Just ask DJ Khaled.

Every feature was perfectly slotted in like a puzzle piece. Told Nicki to come harder and she delivered one of the hardest, most memorable verses of the decade.

Production was bananas. The album sounded so cohesive without anything sounding redundant.

All of the Lights (interlude) is HIGH ART. Then you pair it with the transition to the actual song, I don’t even know what to call that. I could see Michelangelo playing those tracks while painting the Sistine Chapel.

The more I think about it, the more I edit. The more I edit, the madder I get. You should go listen to MBDTF in it’s entirety as penance for the blasphemy you’ve presented here today.
4FEF44DD-5C10-4D8C-8F1B-8D2B6CA90BE0.png

This that Goose and Malibu, I call it MALIBOOYA

Last edited:
While the first sentence may be true, how does that slight the project at all sonically? If anything, it elevates it. On paper it may sound easy to just throw all the hottest rappers on tracks together and make hits but in reality, it doesn’t work like that. Just ask DJ Khaled.

Every feature was perfectly slotted in like a puzzle piece. Told Nicki to come harder and she delivered one of the hardest, most memorable verses of the decade.

Production was bananas. The album sounded so cohesive without anything sounding redundant.

All of the Lights (interlude) is HIGH ART. Then you pair it with the transition to the actual song, I don’t even know what to call that. I could see Michelangelo playing those tracks while painting the Sistine Chapel.

The more I think about it, the more I edit. The more I edit, the madder I get. You should go listen to MBDTF in it’s entirety as penance for the blasphemy you’ve presented here today.

This that Goose and Malibu, I call it MALIBOOYA

MBDTF is my favorite Kanye album it’s not even close.

CD and LR need to be cut by 1/3rd and then you’re good. Too many skits and skippable songs.

Graduation would probably be my number two Kanye album.

I don’t know what men oils and **** y’all talking about but it reminded of this time. My boy used to borrow one of our female coworkers chapstick and use it. I thought that was ****in crazy. No idea where her mouth been. So one day I recorded his reaction of me showing him a pic of her blowing me. Son threw that chapstick so ****in far, he was sick

Back
Top Bottom