Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

We “let” people in when we allow their opinions to hold more weight than more knowledgeable people

EXACTLY. Sports like basketball and football ALWAYS pundits and lists compiled by all races. But the white voices always hold precedence. The execs and league offices are predominantly white. They still get voices and opinions by minorities but, it’s still basically ran and dictated By whites. Same with a sport like soccer.

That’s how us blacks should be with hip hop. Yeah, let other races have an opinion. But at days end, we (blacks) should be able to veto or override ANY opinion on hip hop.

NY times don’t know s***** about hip hop

That’s how us blacks should be with hip hop. Yeah, let other races have an opinion. But at days end, we (blacks) should be able to veto or override ANY opinion on hip hop.

How?
We can create a genre of music but how do we prevent other races from copying and producing a copy? This isn't like a building where we can withhold access. This is music, a nontangible concept that literally any and everybody can make their own variety.
I understand what you are getting at but it's an illogical idea

Unless there's a vehicle of communication (i.e. television station, magazine, website, etc) that we all can agree being the centered representation of black people, the already established "leaders" will always have the most prominent voices. Not based on value or "weight" but because society has made them the standard and it's incredibly difficult to overthrow the standard that society has set.

No black man is finna walk into the Louvre Museum and tell them how to run their s*****.

That’s how we should be with rap. It ain’t about overthrowing. But me personally, I value no white persons opinion about my hip hop and culture in general. Some are different. But that’s just me, they don’t speak for me. And never have

No black man is finna walk into the Louvre Museum and tell them how to run their s*****.

That’s how we should be with rap. It ain’t about overthrowing. But me personally, I value no white persons opinion about my hip hop and culture in general. Some are different. But that’s just me, they don’t speak for me. And never have

Nobody is gonna tell the white folks on top how to run they stuff either so........here we are
What you are asking for is for everybody to live according to your opinion and people don't work that way. Again, I agree we should have more control over what all we created but due to human nature we will never all be on the same page. There will always be folks who want their approval and nothing can be done to change their minds, just leave them behind and keep moving forward.
Instead of only ignoring writers who "shouldn't" speak on hip hop, promote those that should.

I’m not trying to sway anyone’s opinions. All I’m saying is, don’t complain about these people, if y’all allow their inclusion. I don’t complain. I just ignore them and don’t subscribe to their publications

*****s only wanna credit opinions when it aligns with their own beliefs

natural bias exists in all areas of life

folks don’t like their beliefs challenged, especially if it’s something they’re passionate about (culture)

I see both sides of the argument. got people like yesjulz out here being called tastemakers for our culture while at the same time downplaying our people. **** don’t sit right.

but also gotta remember we not “letting” anybody do anything. Dwights doing what they always do.

:rofl: Not to pile on but this reminds of the time when Pusha dropped his diss towards Drake and ALOT of the writers were calling him a bully and saying he should apologize. Saying Rap had no place for those kind of bars and he crossed some lines. I was in tears, and to be fair they did the same to Drake when he dissed Cudi, got to remember a lot of these professionals are causals just like the fans.

Real **** though. Drake fans have tried their hardest to change what hip hop is based on what he says and how he reacts.

I always go back to Kendrick's Control verse and when Drake went on Angie's show crying and saying "these words are harsh" his fan base followed in his footsteps saying **** like "when did hip hop become competitive? This isn't sports". He's really fooled a base into thinking hip hop is some best friends, let's all hold hands genre.

They got my dog heemed up smh.

Damn

They could write another 3 seasons of the wire, on **** that’s going on out here today :smh:. Tay crew alone got crazy stories, including a 21 year old shooter with crazy bodies that slipped out of protection in bookings...and only got caught cuz he was at Gervonta fight at Barkley’s and posted a pic, on the run :lol:.

And another dude that’s in the vids that just got snatched up in DR. It’s dumb round here. Not to mention the police force and all they bs tied in :smh:

They could write another 3 seasons of the wire, on **** that’s going on out here today :smh:. Tay crew alone got crazy stories, including a 21 year old shooter with crazy bodies that slipped out of protection in bookings...and only got caught cuz he was at Gervonta fight at Barkley’s and posted a pic, on the run :lol:. And another dude that’s in the vids that just got snatched up in DR. It’s dumb round here. Not to mention the police force and all they bs tied in :smh:

Whole warzone out there man. Be safe out there bro, those behaviors embedded from generations past so it's not as simple as "do better"

Especially with the grimey *** B-More PD doing what they do

I'd be more worried about them then the thirsty ****** in the trenches :smh:

You from the mud so you know how to navigate thru the streets.

Ain't no training course for dealing with them pigs

Real **** though. Drake fans have tried their hardest to change what hip hop is based on what he says and how he reacts.

I always go back to Kendrick's Control verse and when Drake went on Angie's show crying and saying "these words are harsh" his fan base followed in his footsteps saying **** like "when did hip hop become competitive? This isn't sports". He's really fooled a base into thinking hip hop is some best friends, let's all hold hands genre.

“Me too’d hip hop”

Back
Top Bottom