Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Hyperbole police up in here
60FC4675-C959-41C9-BCA3-14FBD40D4036.png

My Atlanta folks, I have a opportunity for concert tickets. Coke is doing a private concert at the Roxy on December 5th @ 7pm-10pm

DM me for the info on 2 free tickets per person.

line up:

Big Boi
2 Chainz
Arrested Development
EnVouge
Indigo Girls
Caylee Hammack
Clay Cook
And other surprise guests.

They lighting that NYT writer up for that Drake introduced singing to rap article. As they should.

Forget all the guys in the 90's and early 2000's.

Just thinking the time period around SFG you had 808's, Cudi, T-Pain, Phonte, The whole ATL futuristic wave, Wiz, Wayne, Max B etc etc

I understand Drake is one of the biggest artist out but writers gotta stop trying to rewrite history.

They lighting that NYT writer up for that Drake introduced singing to rap article. As they should.

Just thinking the time period around SFG you had 808's, Cudi, T-Pain, Phonte, The whole ATL futuristic wave, Wiz, Wayne, Max B etc etc

I understand Drake is one of the biggest artist out but writers gotta stop trying to rewrite history.
Just googled the author :smh: :lol:

Not surprised

And Ja Rule was doing "simp anthems" long before Drake. Nelly was too. Part of my issue with my age group and younger is _'s rewrite history and give credit to who they like w/o doing research.

And Ja Rule was doing "simp anthems" long before Drake. Nelly was too. Part of my issue with my age group and younger is _'s rewrite history and give credit to who they like w/o doing research.

that Writer i believe is of the older generation, dude just completely ignored SUPERSTARS who have been succeeding with a variation of that style for years.

Had they simply mentioned he's the most successful doing that in this last decade, no one would have batted an eye, because it's true. But to say he basically created and is responsible for it, that's just entirely false. You can't create something that was already heavily prevalent before you. And it's not even like rappers singing/harmonizing went dormant for 15 years then Drake brought it back, it's literally been here in the spotlight forever :lol: :lol:. I know the current music era moves at an outrageous pace, but that doesn't mean people can just make up anything they want like people can't go back and check.

:rofl: Not to pile on but this reminds of the time when Pusha dropped his diss towards Drake and ALOT of the writers were calling him a bully and saying he should apologize. Saying Rap had no place for those kind of bars and he crossed some lines. I was in tears, and to be fair they did the same to Drake when he dissed Cudi, got to remember a lot of these professionals are causals just like the fans.

I think a big part of what they attributing to Drake should really just be attributed to the south to keep it 100

_’s was singing heavily in the south before Drake. Whether he exists or not they would still be singing today. Blues music is the base of a lot of this ****.

Early Drake is arguably just a more poppier/happier/friendlier version of Z-Ro

Not saying the south started singing but IMO, it only makes sense that as the south gains more prominence the singing **** would gain more prominence since it’s feature in the music so heavily

Jon Caramanica tryna make it seem like Thug and Future heard Drake and decided to give singing a try :lol: :smh:

F**** poooooooooosahhhh Drake. But that’s what happens when y’all let anyone with a computer or phone speak on rap...... without knowing ANYTHING about the genre

Back
Top Bottom