Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Wale's in the building.

I don't care what anyone says, or what the numbers are, Shine was a dope album. :smokin

Indeed, just bumped it yesterday and its a nice album to ride around to, a more laxed laid back album...

I think he gets slept on a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
C_FUWZXXcAAVMyk.jpg

via djakademiks

Cot damn I hear this song all the time

I seen Wale said at his concert, you think I give a F about first week sales?

Hahahahahahaha, without a doubt he cares and is hurt. Confirmation he flopped hard. Album SOLD 12K in week 1. If you include streams, 25K.

Last edited:
Him pushing the album up a week ahead of time, along with choosing the wrong track to push as singles caused the numbers to suffer. But, again, I think that album is flames. :smokin

I never knew the album was coming out until I heard he was going to appear on TBC for his album release. I was befuddled.

Label and team messed up with that one. Everyone was still on Kendrick

Ross should know about releasing near another big release.

That Wayne song has a lot of spotify spins, but it wasn't a radio friendly song.

The first ten minutes and I can barely get through this. This is why people think Wale is corny and a broad.

Ak's corny. No way I can fault Wale for going up there to confront him.

And the point he made 50 mins in was spot on.

Last edited:
Beyond disappointed in wale :smh: dude up there talking bout playing football and getting girls.

Wale ethered Akademics but at the same time made himself look corny. He kept saying he didn't care but you could tell in his tone he obviously did.

Hate to agree with Joe budden. But I said the exact same **** a week ago. Why is wale out here saving face for what COLE said about HIM? he let Cole basically slap him and then he gon call him like some "let's go to the game" :lol: dude is definitely "little bro" and it's as clear as day. J Cole to this day still ain't said a word. :smh:

I just finished and this was the worst episode. Wale was up there defensive as hell. He wasn't willing to talk about **** other than his past fame, sales and he got girls and played football. This is exactly why people don't like Wale. I wanted to hear so much more, Joe couldn't even get his questions off because Wale was going on and on about the same ****. I like that Ak said you cared about numbers three years ago and now you don't? I wanted to hear about the rollout, the single choices and streaming. Didn't hear **** but Wale being hurt and trying to **** on Ak. Smh, don't watch it. Waste of time.

I just finished and this was the worst episode. Wale was up there defensive as hell. He wasn't willing to talk about **** other than his past fame, sales and he got girls and played football. This is exactly why people don't like Wale. I wanted to hear so much more, Joe couldn't even get his questions off because Wale was going on and on about the same ****. I like that Ak said you cared about numbers three years ago and now you don't? I wanted to hear about the rollout, the single choices and streaming. Didn't hear **** but Wale being hurt and trying to **** on Ak. Smh, don't watch it. Waste of time.
You right.

Dude came of as an emotional bird :smh: :lol:

Akademiks is the smartest person up there. He fully understands who he is, and the perception of who he is....so those "you're not a cool kid" insults don't get to him. He gets to be objective and give an in your face fan perspective, with no personal ties....and that's hard for rappers to hear that, since they mostly interact with fans that are starstruck. Wale always gets mad defensive.

Wale still has a tough time looking outside himself, and thinking he's doper than he is. He can't connect at the highest level for a majority of reasons (some his doing, some just industry bs)...and it frustrates him.

Everything J Cole said about him in False Prophets was 1000 percent truth. And was far from a "diss".

Truthfully, Wale is a huge success. The fact that dude has multiple gold albums, multiple top 40 platinum singles, features from damn near every major artist, an album with Jerry ***** Seinfeld is crazy to me :lol:. I don't even think he could've predicted this level of success back in 2007.

Hate to agree with Joe budden. But I said the exact same **** a week ago. Why is wale out here saving face for what COLE said about HIM? he let Cole basically slap him and then he gon call him like some "let's go to the game" :lol: dude is definitely "little bro" and it's as clear as day. J Cole to this day still ain't said a word. :smh:

Slap him with an open hand or hit him like Puff did Drake?

Wale is Wale

I think in rap only a certain type of "real" is celebrated within rap.

Joe and Wale are both similar.

If he played a role and wasn't himself or didn't show himself he would be bigger and more popular than he is.

People hate Wale, but support all these other bird/emotional men that are RAMPANT in our current society. There are billions of Wale's out here currently. I'm a fan of Wale. People only dislike him because he's honest. Dude has been versatile his whole career. Certain individuals dislike him because it's an about face, of their own personal shortcomings and insecurities. Wale knows himself.

If you're mad at Wale, it ain't because of the music. It's because he calls out the sissified modern male, in today's society.

Back
Top Bottom