Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

It is interesting to see the transition of song structure over the past 10-15 years

i remember songs being 3 verses (16 bars), and hook

feature verses were always on 3rd verse, then it became 2nd, then 1st

now songs are hook, long verse, hook

even album structure, song sequencing etc.

As far as quality, Detroit been one of the best cities the last few years. With Payroll, Peezy, Sada, Tee.

Shame how lil attention they’ve really really gotten outside of Tee over the past 5-6 years. Icewear and Lonnie Bands both should’ve went :smh:

pablo skywalkin was basically Blueface before Blueface :lol:

Drego and lil Beno next up tho :pimp:

Feel like its moreso skill level, some of the biggest songs at the time where it changed (Panda, Gucci Gang) weren't finished but got released anyway

The big names in the game are still putting out songs with that format, granted they'll start the song with a verse rather than a hook to save time

Seems just like yesterday Weeknd had ****** mashing songs together for no reason

Detroit, and Cali/Bay area the only ones with that regional sound.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, ain’t no Lil Pumps/Xans or Juice WRLDs coming from there. Straight RAPPERS

AINT NO FESTIVAL RAPPERS!!!

Maaan.....Juice WRLD from Chicago. It can happen :lol:.

That being said....Detroit rap has been some of my favorite outside of Southern Rap over the past 5 years. Them *****s talk that ****, and I like how Uncompromised they are. They just doing them, and it bumps.

This GT gem went way under the radar. Bump it all the time.

Get money music.

Was watching this David Banner interview and he said he was the first producer to tag beat with his actual name (rather than a signature sound)

Ti called Hot97 and told them keep the tag on Rubberband Man :lol:

Never knew bruh produced for Ruff Ryders in 2001, his name on this beat too :lol:

Was watching this David Banner interview and he said he was the first producer to tag beat with his actual name (rather than a signature sound)

Ti called Hot97 and told them keep the tag on Rubberband Man :lol:

Never knew bruh produced for Ruff Ryders in 2001, his name on this beat too :lol:

B-High is a underrated interviewer. All his stuff with older southern rappers is great.

Back
Top Bottom