Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Gogo had major background influence, kinda like how HOT97 jacked WPGC entire wave to blow up

some folks will tell you Trouble Funk started it all before Sugarhill Gang. some folks will tell you gogo didn’t blow because the scene didn’t sell out when other regions and sounds did.

really just depends on who you ask

I can see this being the case.

Pimp C was not fond of this song. I think he actually hated it. He missed the whole video shoot on purpose. I think he even at one point didn’t care for Jigga Man.

My man said **** him, Bun-B convinced Chad at the very last minute to do the video. Pimp went to Miami for one day or a weekend, I think with Lil’ Flip, and shot his own version of the video in Miami. :lol: If you noticed - his verse is longer than Jigga - he did it on purpose.

May Allah have mercy on his soul. Chad B aka Sweet Jones bka Pimp C - Mr. Trill!

Last edited:
Which one of y’all wrote this?

The (Finally) Rich History of Drill Music, Drake’s Plaything for 2020

One of the more punishing recordings of popular American music of the last decade is “Kill ****,” a hookless deluge of boasts and threats leveled by Chicago rappers Lil Bibby and G Herbo, which came out in 2012. The first thing you might have noticed about the song is that there are only two verses, and each is about 1,000 bars long. The second thing might have been how Bibby and Herbo each sounded as if they have fistfuls of tiny, ugly, damned souls packed tightly into their respective voices, though that grimness was sort of betrayed by ill-fitting baseball ringer tees, flooded NikeTalk denim, and backpacks once you got around to watching the video.

Back
Top Bottom