Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Them New York accents just ain’t fit for drill/trap music. Mfers need to go back to traditional coke raps or borough specific sound. These off brand California gangs and NY having no identity really done killed the mystique of that city. And the gentrifiers

Yeah I just read something about his dad is black and his mother is white - I didn’t know. I always thought he looked white. :lol:

Logic’s fanbase and music is for whites and he is where he is because people consider him white.

Pop Smoke is garbage, I’ll listen to him when he can make a song like The Life or Commission by Shyne

NaS in my top of all time but give me Oochie Walley over One Mic, that beat ****in irritates me

Logic’s fanbase and music is for whites and he is where he is because people consider him white.

Pop Smoke is garbage, I’ll listen to him when he can make a song like The Life or Commission by Shyne

NaS in my top of all time but give me Oochie Walley over One Mic, that beat ****in irritates me
Did u like LT2?

Yeah I can’t do it, that beat man. I skip that song every time. I prefer the remix that was on the Stillmatic Remix album cause the beat is 100x better

And obviously One Mic is the better song but I play Oochie way more so I’m going off that

Last edited:
Them New York accents just ain’t fit for drill/trap music. Mfers need to go back to traditional coke raps or borough specific sound. These off brand California gangs and NY having no identity really done killed the mystique of that city. And the gentrifiers

I agree with this. It just sound weird hearing NY _'s rap like Chicago or Atlanta _'s. We get it, the internet has ruined regional sound but I still wanna feel like I'm hearing your city. That's why I never really was a fan ASAP Mob or Bobby and his crew.

I see my man kingfoamnyc kingfoamnyc revenge of NYC rap agenda :lol:

Personally, I’m Not feeling NYC Drill rap. But that Pop Smoke & Fivio are undeniable bangers in the club.

Been told y’all about the UK/NYC synergy and how that had potential to blow tho.....:nerd:

And even crazier...is the NYC/London merge that’s slowly happening. Them London cats heavily influenced by Drill...and the smart Drill NYC rappers are tapping into merging those sounds....and it’s opening them up to a bigger market. I think I peeped an interview where Sheff G was talking about that. And that “Pop Smoke” joint....took off with people in the UK relating to it. That’s the smart way to move with that. There’s a market for it for real.

sheff g > any drill rapper you could name from Chicago.
I said what I said.
bk got that.

BUT your a HUGE WSG fan doe?

You can tolerate his voice and ad libs but not pop smokes.

Is it because he's from Buffalo and not NYC?

You like him because he's from a place 1 1/2 from Canada?

Is it oochie wally or is it one mic?

Streets wanna know
wsg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> til the > key breaks than pop smoke.
what are we talking about right now.
as far as production alone i'd rather listen to a tape full of wsg's adlibs w/alchemist/daringer/sadhugold over whatever tired beat whatever zaytoven clone of the week came up with for pop smoke.

wsg and pop smoke shouldn't even be in the same sentence as far as the quality of music tho or bars.

wsg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> til the > key breaks than pop smoke.
what are we talking about right now.
as far as production alone i'd rather listen to a tape full of wsg's adlibs w/alchemist/daringer/sadhugold over whatever tired beat whatever zaytoven clone of the week came up with for pop smoke.

wsg and pop smoke shouldn't even be in the same sentence as far as the quality of music tho or bars.
Pop Smoke sound sounds nothing like Zaytoven. What are you talking about? And WSG is getting extremely repetitive at this point. He needs to change it up.

Back
Top Bottom