Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Damn I just heard Gipp saying Foxy Lady...Damn that was the time.

Club Nikki on Stewart Ave. :lol:

Those were the real strip club.

Yall wasn't in 112, Vision, Gentleman Club, Kaya, Gold Club, Riviera, Velvet Room...

When Buckhead as a whole was club scene - I used to stay in Uranus

Those were the times.

Chocolate City. Primetime. Peacok.

*****, you went to the OG freaknik. I can’t with you :lol:

Not only that, the city was already working on the gentrification. Just how they shut down Buckhead then Underground, etc. A lot of the club scene got shut down due to the real estate deals.

This is true. I don’t mind it. Other than **** being less centralized. So you gotta choose the right spot, or spend time driving around. But it’s A lot more options tho. Less crowded and more chill than that whole scene. Anytime I hit the A...I know I got a couple random spots I can fall thru on the humble and have a good time.

*****s can only do compound and gold room so many times. Although, we had them bishes on tilt the last few years 🔥.

I no I’m not saying that, his voice and flow is are his biggest appeals to me. Idea wise and lyrically he seems to have been halfassing it lately. Saying a lot, and a lot of nothing. And it’s becoming more apparent as Benny just keeps getting nicer w/ his words and the pictures he paints. I’m also someone who likes stories which is why I view Too Short prior to his first retirement a top 10 rapper.

nobody is listening to WSG for bars :lol:

He’s purely all aesthetic and comedic purposes. I’m assuming you’re not that familiar with the collective...but Westside is the RZA of the crew. He curates everything and is the front man behind the scenes business wise. Benny and Conway are the artists. WSG raps just because.

Right - Atlanta had crazy club names.

I remember going to the Bounce on Bankhead. And Crucial.

Those Atlanta club times were crazy. This was before VIP was what it is now. All those bottles and sprakle and stuff is whack. The baddies were just in the mix and the VIP was solely for people with money.

now you can get a VIP with $150. 5 ****** sharing a bottle :lol:

nobody is listening to WSG for bars :lol:

He’s purely all aesthetic and comedic purposes. I’m assuming you’re not that familiar with the collective...but Westside is the RZA of the crew. He curates everything and is the front man behind the scenes business wise. Benny and Conway are the artists. WSG raps just because.
I’ve been listening to WS since hh5 and Benny a lot longer just being bored and clicking stuff on bandcamp. Conway has always just been okay to me. And you’re laughing at WS for his bars while I think he thinks he’s one of if not the nicest ever. That’s ****ed up :rofl:

This going to bring ALL the baddies out :lol:

8541D734-71D4-46E8-9293-7967D04F1AA0.jpeg

Thug and Migos arrivals literally have ripple effects till this day

Speaker Knockerz arguably in that crop too. All 2013
Their look is either indirect or direct inspiration from from rocky. I’m not just talking musically. Like when Wiz had dudes walking around w/ camo cargos, chucks, and that stupid blonde patch in their hair.

Their look is either indirect or direct inspiration from from rocky. I’m not just talking musically. Like when Wiz had dudes walking around w/ camo cargos, chucks, and that stupid blonde patch in their hair.

Idk man

Migos had the whole hood wearing those pleather “Versace” sweatsuits/short sets :lol:

my boy just pulled one of them out the back of his closet with disgust while moving the other day :rofl:

edit: spiked red bottoms too :lol:

Last edited:
Idk man

Migos had the whole hood wearing those pleather “Versace” sweatsuits/short sets :lol:

my boy just pulled one of them out the back of his closet with disgust while moving the other day :rofl:

edit: spiked red bottoms too :lol:

That’s indirectly off Rocky. That look came from cheap variations of Givenchy & BLVCK Scale etc. They tried to look like Rocky/Kanye...but failed. Remember Ye leather balmain, kilts, givenchy around WTT era. Rocky was on some similar ****. Rick Owens, RAF, Jeremy Scott etc. it’s all a branch of this.

2 Chainz tried it and failed miserably too.

Migos started out as True Religion and Prada boys in 2012/2013 :lol:

I’d argue that that A$AP camp is why Hip Hop is so deep rooted in my pop culture today. If anyone tries to bring up Drake. Nobody inspiring to be seen as “cool” wants to look like Drake. Migo’s cannot dress, they just look like expensive sassy village ppl. These designers give stuff to A$AP Rocky first so it can pop off. Anyone that looks at any of the Migos timeline and goes “I wanna look that” probably has chlamyida.

Back
Top Bottom