Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

you can’t applaud yourself for not being played in target and not being radio friendly and then ask to be in the pop category, which is a product of those 2 things he denied.
I think this was more on the bigger issue that pop = white and rap/hip hop/urban = black. Nothing he said in this clip was corny to me. The Grammys being wildly out of touch bundled IGOR into the rap category mostly because Tyler’s skin tone. The point he was making saying he’s not played in Target was that white artists are because they’re deemed “pop”. I think you’re thinking of pop meaning “popular”, which hasn’t been the case for YEARS now. Rap should technically be pop if we’re going of that measurement. Yeah that wasn’t radio/target music, but it definitely was what pop music sounds like just from a different voice.

Kodak was talking CRAZY in this one :smh:

Simp anthem fr

Jennaske though :smh:

1580188805895.png

you can’t applaud yourself for not being played in target and not being radio friendly and then ask to be in the pop category, which is a product of those 2 things he denied.
if you heard the album ( no idea if you did) it's hard to even think it can be a rap album he literally doesn't rap at all and was somehow thrown in the category.

Tyler is not asking to be played on the radio or in stores. He is just making a point. How did I win this award with 0 bars given. I'm happy to win but not so happy bc someone else didn't get a chance to shine for actually rapping.

If anything another shot at the Grammys saying yall really dont get us.

Somehow the Grammys still matter to people when every awardee is some out of touch persons opinion that was bought off by a label in the first place.

Exactly why Mac Miller can win a Grammy over k dot gkmc

if you heard the album ( no idea if you did) it's hard to even think it can be a rap album he literally doesn't rap at all and was somehow thrown in the category.

Tyler is not asking to be played on the radio or in stores. He is just making a point. How did I win this award with 0 bars given. I'm happy to win but not so happy bc someone else didn't get a chance to shine for actually rapping.

If anything another shot at the Grammys saying yall really dont get us.

Somehow the Grammys still matter to people when every awardee is some out of touch persons opinion that was bought off by a label in the first place.

Exactly why Mac Miller can win a Grammy over k dot gkmc
Did u even listen to the album? Tyler rapped on just about every song on IGOR, and Mac Miller has never won a grammy.

Did u even listen to the album? Tyler rapped on just about every song on IGOR, and Mac Miller has never won a grammy.

Always look at people sideways when they can't say "black" instead of people "my color".

Always complaining but still running to zaddys network for acceptance, only to get a bag and go into hiding. Lil Nas x you out of the game.

He meant Macklamore, I'm guessing.

The cycle will always repeat if people don't invest in themselves it's not the Grammys fault.

Back
Top Bottom