Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Thug benefitted from surging in the streets first and the Gucci co-sign, without that he’d likely still be in the streets and have another 11-14 kids

I cannot for the life of me figure out how Carti got on :lol:

his good songs are really good but his bad ones are legit horrible, dude gotta be the most polarizing of the SoundCloud era rappers

When I did that Gucci Mane binge last week, it only reminded me how horrible Young Thug is. It was a chore getting through a lot of the songs he was on even if the beat slapped. Carti sucks but is basically just rapping adlibs the entire time and not even using actual sentences. Thug is “making his voice an instrument” and “finding the pocket” as his stans say, and it’s some of the worst **** in rap.

When I did that Gucci Mane binge last week, it only reminded me how horrible Young Thug is. It was a chore getting through a lot of the songs he was on even if the beat slapped. Carti sucks but is basically just rapping adlibs the entire time and not even using actual sentences. Thug is “making his voice an instrument” and “finding the pocket” as his stans say, and it’s some of the worst **** in rap.
I agree, Thug can only be taken in moderation. I liked "So Much Fun," but I can't sit though that whole w/o feeling tired & zoning it out.

it really makes sense that you don't like Wayne's best son

:lol:
The name is corny but I think that only really affects mainstream appreciation.

I'ma listen to one of their albums later, but that name is just terrible. "What are you listening to?" CunninLynguists. They basically killed most types of marketing & song placements they could get even in the underground. :lol:

I'ma listen to one of their albums later, but that name is just terrible. "What are you listening to?" CunninLynguists. They basically killed most types of marketing & song placements they could get even in the underground. :lol:
I really enjoy all their projects but Oneirology and their most recent work Rose Azure Njano are especially great.

Still with the disrespect

HpI6itn.gif

pre Pi'erre Bourne era Carti is a chore to listen to but once they linked he was outta here.

Pi'erre's production really is undeniable, a lot of them beats go to waste unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom