Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

giphy (26).gif

so how this never happened to Kanye Hov and so far Drake (even tho we in the midst of it happening lol)
It has
I haven’t listened
Or bought a Kanye album after graduation
I haven’t heard MBDTF
Other than the singles
Jay a lame and folks are sheep
When it comes to him
I’ve heard all drake albums
And I’ll let a song play if it comes on
But I haven’t ran a whole drake album
In its entirety since maybe take care

Is it lame cuz its carolinas?

it would be lame if it was him comparing his boom bap **** to any Tik Tok trap type artist

Baby **** was repetitive but what an odd comparison lol trap catchy songs Vs. intricate coke rap

two different intentions

it would be lame if it was him comparing his boom bap **** to any Tik Tok trap type artist

Baby **** was repetitive but what an odd comparison lol trap catchy songs Vs. intricate coke rap

two different intentions
Zo.gif

It has
I haven’t listened
Or bought a Kanye album after graduation
I haven’t heard MBDTF
Other than the singles
Jay a lame and folks are sheep
When it comes to him
I’ve heard all drake albums
And I’ll let a song play if it comes on
But I haven’t ran a whole drake album
In its entirety since maybe take care

For you not to hear MBDTF other than the singles means you probably either weren’t that invested in Ye or 808s/the antics/headlines turned u off of him in general

most people ain’t start questioning Ye musically till Yeezus at the earliest aside from those who ain’t **** with 808s

For you not to hear MBDTF other than the singles means you probably either weren’t that invested in Ye or 808s/the antics/headlines turned u off of him in general

most people ain’t start questioning Ye musically till Yeezus at the earliest aside from those who ain’t **** with 808s
Yeezus my favourite Ye album. Blow out a few speakers to that.

I've never listened to a Drake album. Last project I listened to beginning to end was So Far Gone.

Stopped listening to Kanye after MBDTF. Didnt listen to 808s either.

Not counting the Jay Elec album I ain't listen to Jay since the disappointment that was BP3.

Might hear some other songs when I'm chilling with friends or at the club. I know heard songs off Yeezus.

Last edited:
Kanye dead to me, he’s a sellout. His GQ interview was embarrassing. MBDTF was a great album, I liked Cruel Summer a lot. I think I have both of them in my library still but anything after that, I don’t **** with it. His music has gotten terrible. It’s rare I play any of his music now unless it comes up on shuffle

Post MBDTF last full song I liked from Kanye was No More Parties in LA. Jay is still elite lyrically but I can admit he's far from his prime when it comes to making albums at this point. The youth still has a strong fascination with Kanye which helps with his relevance in popular culture

Post MBDTF last full song I liked from Kanye was No More Parties in LA. Jay is still elite lyrically but I can admit he's far from his prime when it comes to making albums at this point. The youth still has a strong fascination with Kanye which helps with his relevance in popular culture

Jays last album was pretty damn good imo

Back
Top Bottom