Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Everybody has their time in the sun. Kanye and even Ja were both in the shadow of Hov before they branched out. Kanye has the cache of his production credits and persona. Hov had already hit superstar status around the time the arrows really started coming his way. Drake has a female fanbase that none of them combined will ever attain, even with Ashanti, Kim K, and Bey attached to their respective names.

but I’m saying no one was ever “tired”of Hov or Kanye music

Kanye started wilding outside the music but ****** didn’t feel “artist fatigue” on Ye or Hov

Da Baby not an album artist :lol:. It’s clear...yo cashing out.

He put the grind and work in, for years....blew up rapidly due to some circumstances...and realizes he better flood....and grab all the $$$ he can.

He good for bangers here and there. And his marketing is A1. The time is slowly coming where he’s going to have to
Show he’s an album artist. Or he can be the mainstream rap version of pit bull.

Somebody tell me which song on the album is going to be a banger. Cuz I ain’t listening to the whole thing.

but I’m saying no one was ever “tired”of Hov or Kanye music

Kanye started wilding outside the music but ****** didn’t feel “artist fatigue” on Ye or Hov

The point is that they all hit that pocket where it's cruise control with the hits, until the mainstream lifts other newer artists up. The backlash is different with each one, but they all feel it at some point.

Da Baby not an album artist :lol:. It’s clear...yo cashing out.

He put the grind and work in, for years....blew up rapidly due to some circumstances...and realizes he better flood....and grab all the $$$ he can.

He good for bangers here and there. And his marketing is A1. The time is slowly coming where he’s going to have to
Show he’s an album artist. Or he can be the mainstream rap version of pit bull.

Somebody tell me which song on the album is going to be a banger. Cuz I ain’t listening to the whole thing.

Lightskin **** got your boy on there that gon be a hit

and this is too hard

He going too hard too fast and people kinda tired of what he does.

He need to chill until Quarantine let out bc his music is really club music.

But Yeah eventually he gon have to come out with “that” album or he can commit to being the tik Tok club banger Wacky video guy but that really ain’t smart bc dude finna look up and be 33-36 not able to do that forever (or better than the newer younger “DaBaby” type acts that’s gon come)

The point is that they all hit that pocket where it's cruise control with the hits, until the mainstream lifts other newer artists up. The backlash is different with each one, but they all feel it at some point.

I may be just saying this bc i wasn’t old enuff to see it

but I never remember a time when ****** was tired of Hov or Kanye actual music if we cut it off for Ye before the Trump ****

Must not be familiar of the time where rappers moved release dates up to match other artist.

friendly competition is healthy in rap

Not on some meme Twitter ****

that just don’t look right coming from who that clique portray themselves to be but I’ve only been halfway paying attention

I liked that they was almost 40 rappers not moving like everyone else and still reaching the crazy heights

that’s just corny and also a weird comparison bc the type of music they make

even tho like I said it may be true lol

I may be just saying this bc i wasn’t old enuff to see it

but I never remember a time when ****** was tired of Hov or Kanye actual music if we cut it off for Ye before the Trump ****

Fatigue doesn't always mean "cancelled". For example, when Jay "retired" after The Black Album and came back with (i think) "Kingdom Come", the musical landscape was rapidly shifting between that period of time, that more than a few attention spans deviated elsewhere, even though he was still doing features here and there.

grew on me, i ain't dancin though
tenor (20).gif

Back
Top Bottom