Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Man Gucci never really did it for me. I listened to the first couple of joints but I always thought Jeezy made better music.

TM101, The Recession = Classics

I think age and environment have to do with the Gucci x Jeezy thing

their old stuff and tapes considered gospel regardless depending on where you at

Gucci one of the only men with a red rag that my dad side of the fam respect :lol:

To say that Southern Music tilted toward Gucci, nawl b.

I really wanna say influence wise on a street level + inspiring other rappers to get moving it tilt heavy towards Gucci.

commercial blueprint and overall commercial success Jeezy got that. Jeezy was able move in spaces Gucci couldn’t get into for a long time + had the right co-signs. All that corporate thuggin **** he was pushin.

but this only accounts for a segment of southern music and I guess what eventually became biggest. Texas boys and Memphis sound were still doing well and doing their own thing when Gucci and Jeezy and them were blowing up.

I died laughing at this this morning...

FD8288AB-BF56-4ACC-B88B-E6459E1414F0.jpeg

Jeezy was cool...at first. Once Gucci picked up steam he never dropped it though. Dude had hoods all around the country using his slang, and this is before Twitter really took off :lol:

Recession dropped in like, 2008? Even if you consider that a classic (I liked it too), Wop had 3-4 classic tapes that year alone.

i swear to god Fat Joe's definitive biographical documentary is gonna be da best rap film EVER....da man is literally da where's waldo of hiphop.....

and because he doesn't smoke his memory is sharp, he's probably got stories for hoooooooooours and hooooooooours.

there was a time in hip-hop him and busta rhymes were da cameo kings on music videos...da most raaaandom joints...
According to Mack-10 Joe saved Common's life when they were beefing :lol:

Back
Top Bottom