Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I have this and Cunninlynguists aren't widely regarded cuz of their group name.

Lets be honest a lot of ppl dont even know what cunnilingus is :lol: Let alone would they catch the play on words. I question how many ppl can even pronounce it and thats a better reason for why they're unknown.

They're an underground group that makes great music. In the end Little Brother managed to get the more wider appeal in the mainstream.

Last edited:
I have this and Cunninlynguists aren't widely regarded cuz if their group name.

Lets be honest a lot of ppl dont even know what cunnilingus is :lol: Let alone would they catch the play on words. I question how many ppl can even pronounce it and thats a better reason for why they're unknown.

They're an underground group that makes great music. In the end Little Brother managed to get the more wider appeal in the mainstream.
But the people that matter do, their albums are full of songs that should movie placements, tv placements, commericals, etc. Ain't no damn director putting their songs in a movie that isn't rated r or or an adult swim look, and I know for fact ppl probably never gave their music a chance based off their name alone. No matter how clever they think their name is it was it's a bad business decision. They killed a lot of looks they could and should have gotten like tv appearances, award show looks n all that. They had what Little Brother didn't and that's the Token White Guy.

But the people that matter do, their albums are full of songs that should movie placements, tv placements, commericals, etc. Ain't no damn director putting their songs in a movie that isn't rated r or or an adult swim look, and I know for fact ppl probably never gave their music a chance based off their name alone. No matter how clever they think their name is it was it's a bad business decision. They killed a lot of looks they could and should have gotten.
I think they're okay with that and feel their music aren't for those ignorant ppl.

The mere fact they been in the game over a decade and have multiple albums shows they're not making music with business as a main priority. Their subject matter clearly shows they are not those type of rappers.

If ppl who make the decisions for song choice in movies, tv, and commercials don't use their music cuz of their name they're stupid and hypocrites. A lot more crazy and/or offensive names of groups, solo acts and songs in the music industry that get play

I think they're okay with that and feel their music aren't for those ignorant ppl.

The mere fact they been in the game over a decade and have multiple albums shows they're not making music with business as a main priority. Their subject matter clearly shows they are not those type of rappers.

If ppl who make the decisions for song choice in movies, tv, and commercials don't use their music cuz of their name they're stupid and hypocrites. A lot more crazy and/or offensive names of groups, solo acts and songs in the music industry that get play
10:58

might as well finish the interview:

in short:
white dude came up w/ the name, black dude went along w/ it b/c the white homie convinced him that that dweeby **** was a good idea & he didn't believe the group would blow up, & other the other black dude was in prison so he couldn't tell white dude that that name was trash immediately.

Last edited:
10:58

might as well finish the interview:

Nothing really changed about what I said.

They didn't care :lol: Their own words and apparently after seeing that ppl did care they just kept it and let it become a "runaway train" instead of changing their name. Could've changed their name with the Sloppy Seconds mixtape.

Hell just like Natti mentioned they could've changed their name when he got out and joined. They had their chances when Mr. SoS joined too.

They straight up said they're successful despite the name and never having a buzz.

Last edited:
Man no, Bronson be rapping about rotisserie chicken n ****.

similar voices, different flows & subjects. good example.
Ghostface had the line about rotisserie giraffe ribs or sumthing like that on a song called nutmeg + he's talked about food a lot over the years depending on how you interpret his words, e.g. rap like ziti, "we eat fish & tossed salads" on a song called fish, there are many others I can't recall rn.

Nothing really changed about what I said.

They didn't care :lol: Their own words and apparently after seeing that ppl did care they just kept it and let it become a "runaway train" instead of changing their name. Could've changed their name with the Sloppy Seconds mixtape.

He'll just like Natti mentioned they could've changed their name when he got out and joined. They had their chances when Mr. SoS joined too.

They straight up said they're successful despite the name and never having a buzz.

American hypocrisy at it’s finest. Cunninlynguist is deemed “offensive” but this country stay peddling sexual imagery and innuendo.

The point is, not every group wants commercial or mainstream success. Build a core following and get your money.

Everyone cannot be Madonna or Michael Jackson. And that’s perfectly fine.

Little Brother, Cunninlynguist, Foreign Exchange :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

They all got classics and for those who don’t know, they don’t need to know anyway. Average person don’t know s**** about music so why waste time and energy trying to get their attention.

And btw, cunninlyguist was and still is a dope *** name

Ghostface had the line about rotisserie giraffe ribs or sumthing like that on a song called nutmeg + he's talked about food a lot over the years depending on how you interpret his words, e.g. rap like ziti, "we eat fish & tossed salads" on a song called fish, there are many others I can't recall rn.
Ghostface is my favourite rapper (if Kanye doesn't write his raps), and I genuinely believe his peak was better than anyone else's. Anyway, when I heard Bronson for the 1st time I thought he was Ghost for a split second solely b/c of his voice. Then I realized his flow & what he rapped about was completely different.

I wouldn't like Bronson if I thought he was biter. Same goes for WSG. I'm not denying an influence that's clearly there, but all 3 clearly have differing styles that stems from Kool G Rap if anything, especially Ghost & Bronson.

I should listen to that recent WSG tape if ppl are really saying he even resembles Ghost.

Like even that is a big deal given how distinct and iconic his voice is.

Little Brother, Cunninlynguist, Foreign Exchange :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

They all got classics and for those who don’t know, they don’t need to know anyway. Average person don’t know s**** about music so why waste time and energy trying to get their attention.

And btw, cunninlyguist was and still is a dope *** name
You might be the biggest hipster on this site :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You might be the biggest hipster on this site :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My musical palette is huge. I come from a musical family. That’s all we do is play music. From Amel Larrieux to the Hot Boys to Muddy Waters or Billi Holiday. We does it all

I’ll play some Commodores or The Impressions, then transition into some Kodak.

Bruh, Curtis Mayfield literally is my favorite musician

Great battle. This time wasn’t even Teddy fault, they literally had 500K ppl in there. teddy was clear when he was solo.

BabyFace so smooth with his roasts, had me rolling

I never knew he had personality like that. Dudes a internet legend now.

And you can tell he's competitive. More competitive than anyone else who's done it.

It's nuts. He was a 100% street dude and Puff tried making him Mase 2.0. He most def was a singles artist. I went into that album thinking I'd hear stuff close to I Need A Girl, but a lot of those tracks were flat out bad. I liked the Mario Winans single, but everything else sucked. When people say stuff is "dated", THIS album is the type they're talking about. This is everything bad you would think about 2003 :lol:

The first R&B crip :lol:

Puff A&R'd/produced that all wrong.

Great battle. This time wasn’t even Teddy fault, they literally had 500K ppl in there. teddy was clear when he was solo.

BabyFace so smooth with his roasts, had me rolling
Pretty much. The first ten rounds were neck and neck, then Face started playing the slow stuff and teddy started to chase that instead of keep playing his own hits. Like blackstreet wasn’t played till they went off the battle, that heavy d and the boys now that we found love wasn’t played etc.

I never knew he had personality like that. Dudes a internet legend now.

And you can tell he's competitive. More competitive than anyone else who's done it.

The first R&B crip :lol:

Puff A&R'd/produced that all wrong.

Barry White was the first R&B crip..........

:lol: :lol: :pimp: :pimp: I’m just f**** with you bruh

Face ran that "triangle offense" on Teddy. Started feeding his ego while steering him away from his dancefloor heaters. Tossing compliments his way, basically telling him, "Man, you can do what I do". :lol: Ted started eating it up. Babyface owns the r&b slow jam department.

Pretty much. The first ten rounds were neck and neck, then Face started playing the slow stuff and teddy started to chase that instead of keep playing his own hits. Like blackstreet wasn’t played till they went off the battle, that heavy d and the boys now that we found love wasn’t played etc.

I thought Teddy was winning the first half besides the Bobby stuff

and then Babyface came back the second, because I didn't necessarily like those Mike songs like that

I think it would have been 11 - 9 for me, because Teddy would have won with Remember The Time.

Can We Talk the goat stalker song

Tevin gay *** was killin em

CFD65A55-8C68-49B1-8C9F-56ABB0A16516.png

My musical palette is huge. I come from a musical family. That’s all we do is play music. From Amel Larrieux to the Hot Boys to Muddy Waters or Billi Holiday. We does it all

I’ll play some Commodores or The Impressions, then transition into some Kodak.

Bruh, Curtis Mayfield literally is my favorite musician

But do you listen to country? :lol:

One of the best thing happened from this battle the load of meme, the NT world crossing over from Tyrese “throw in the tile.” And the greatest hypeman known to man

1587476535815.gif

I thought Teddy was winning the first half besides the Bobby stuff

and then Babyface came back the second, because I didn't necessarily like those Mike songs like that

I think it would have been 11 - 9 for me, because Teddy would have won with Remember The Time.
Also twitter and ig was going crazy over that karynwwhite superwoman song. I’m like ok but didn’t see the hype for that

also I’m peronally not a fan of toni Braxton like that.I expected him to play more Whitney

I knew Babyface had that fire but I did not know he co-wrote and produced Take A Bow by Madonna

bro bag is deeper than I thought and I already thought it was crazy :smh: a lot of research to do today

Back
Top Bottom