Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The youngins rock with TIP. I mean...alot of them are tied in with him somehow, thru his lil cousin shad, rich kidz, pewee roscoe etc.

TIP just missed the mixtape wave, and was an album guy, with big producers and a broader sound. But he was no doubt, a big deal. Probably the first major street rapper., that they had down there on a superstar level.

But it was easier to touch or see Gucci. He had a studio right in the hood. Didn’t need to go to patchwork for that. And his producers were available and all collaborated and built new sounds. While TIP was good at rapping, and stuck with his producers and industry production.
Great explaination.

you know he’s out there hacking too

And you know he was saying this:

“Ahhh...I’m off......Lemme see that one more time” (cringe, and smile after a brick). Damn, I ain’t hoop in a minute (claps hands)....one more, one more”.

I be dying laughing at how non hooping dudes be gathering their feet for a shot :lol:. It’s always that lil, uncoordinated “1-2” gather :rofl:

I liked BlackAF too but that type of humor goes over a lot of people's head. Black Twitter is bashing the hell out of it but I thought it was clever.

BlackAF is ok. It's like Curb. When someone tells me they hate it, I ask them if they watch Curb. If you do you'll get it more.

One issue is that it's dry humor, which isn't going to appeal to most black people. It's not the traditional comedy like Martin or Fresh Prince.

And Kenya isn't as good as playing Kenya as Larry David is playing himself.

Kenya is honestly the least interesting person on the show to me. Ok you're rich now and want to maintain the balance of keeping it real while living in a white world. It was revealed in the first episode.

The youngins rock with TIP. I mean...alot of them are tied in with him somehow, thru his lil cousin shad, rich kidz, pewee roscoe etc.

TIP just missed the mixtape wave, and was an album guy, with big producers and a broader sound. But he was no doubt, a big deal. Probably the first major street rapper., that they had down there on a superstar level.

But it was easier to touch or see Gucci. He had a studio right in the hood. Didn’t need to go to patchwork for that. And his producers were available and all collaborated and built new sounds. While TIP was good at rapping, and stuck with his producers and industry production.

I agree with everything except that bolded part. Even though TIP's mixtapes weren't as popular nationwide as Gucci and Jeezy, he started doing mixtapes before them. The In Da Streets series was on fire down here. Check out that episode of Hip Hop Evolution about him and 50's mixtape come up.

This like his 3rd project in 6 months. All went #1. He dropped in late February too :lol:. YB just putting **** out there.

He should chill on social media tho. And go back to being mysterious and a recluse. People starting to sour on him. Speaking of YB. His moms dropped an interview the other day. Shorty never had a chance :lol:

Shorty played this album last night, the track with his mom.had me dead

I rate the concept, but it was bad lol

Reminded me.of me, my moms and jimmy

Yo that dirty iyana track tho lmaoooo

Back
Top Bottom