Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

3BE6C3AE-F59A-4145-AF84-D53ECCD40EEE.png

Time to fap.

A great article on Drake & why there seems to be growing backlash towards his sound & music

Good read. Half way thru. Feeling how he talked about the Drake/Bron empty star comparisons. That’s a whole thread in itself.

Good artist. But shorty ain’t it.

On another note.....Toosie slide dude, got put on by Bankroll Fresh/Future. Real interesting.

link not working

that album...or "mixtape" was pure mid tho

Link should be fixed, but yea i probably not gonna give that tape another spin, and it's not like the music was "bad"... it's just i've seen & heard this before from Drake & it's gotten extremely repetitive.

Good read. Half way thru. Feeling how he talked about the Drake/Bron empty star comparisons. That’s a whole thread in itself.

Good artist. But shorty ain’t it.

On another note.....Toosie slide dude, got put on by Bankroll Fresh/Future. Real interesting.

I don't even like the Lebron comparison in terms of them (Now if we talking their fans & how modern media has protected their legacies yes)

For as much as i think Lebron is overrated, he stands amongst the truly elite top 10 guys and has a real strong case, I don't think Drake is that at all. He's more like Russell Westbrook With Lebrons Hype.

Russ at his max is still an Elite player in his generation and an All time great, Has had some of the most impressive stats ever, has nights where he could go head up with any star player. But when it really matters & you are in the playoffs (Albums/legacy music) he's gonna revert to what's safe for him & is never gonna deviate from his moves.

Drake is the same way, his music has him running billboard, he's one of the highest paid musicians, super famous etc etc. in the overall scheme of hiphop he will be remembered as a great, but when really placed against the top of the top tier, we know he don't belong in that club.

However the Fans & Media (Some of whom are actually really knowledgeable in music) continue to Push that narrative even while knowing project wise dude has been pretty mediocre for years now.

Krit was grouped in w/ Cole, Kendrick, Sean, Drake, Khalifa, Wale & Meek Mill. There's a reason he doesn't have the success that they have & it wasn't just Def Jam.

Def Jam has to take some blame. They didn’t promote this man and made him change his formula.

Last edited:
Krit was grouped in w/ Cole, Kendrick, Sean, Drake, Khalifa, Wale & Meek Mill. There's a reason he doesn't have the success that they have & it wasn't just Def Jam.

He’s “too southern and soulful”, yet if all of them dropped projects on the same day, his would be the first one i listen to. Also, Cole makes beats that would make NyQuil go to sleep.

I don't even like the Lebron comparison in terms of them (Now if we talking their fans & how modern media has protected their legacies yes)

For as much as i think Lebron is overrated, he stands amongst the truly elite top 10 guys and has a real strong case, I don't think Drake is that at all. He's more like Russell Westbrook With Lebrons Hype.

Russ at his max is still an Elite player in his generation and an All time great, Has had some of the most impressive stats ever, has nights where he could go head up with any star player. But when it really matters & you are in the playoffs (Albums/legacy music) he's gonna revert to what's safe for him & is never gonna deviate from his moves.

Drake is the same way, his music has him running billboard, he's one of the highest paid musicians, super famous etc etc. in the overall scheme of hiphop he will be remembered as a great, but when really placed against the top of the top tier, we know he don't belong in that club.

However the Fans & Media (Some of whom are actually really knowledgeable in music) continue to Push that narrative even while knowing project wise dude has been pretty mediocre for years now.

Drake and Steph got way more in-line. It's almost too perfect of a comparison. :lol:

Def Jam has to take some blame. They didn’t promote this man and made him to change his formula.
Def Jam definitely takes half the blame, but despite now having FULL creative control he's still putting out just good to subpar albums that don't stand out.

Back
Top Bottom