Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Cool story bro.

Good thing about NYC we have a ****load of other rappers that do different type of music

Let the kids have their drill.

Ya'll ****** just hate it cause it's from NYC but in reality EVERYONE IS DOING IT

It's a different appeal for a different demographic of listeners

This is drill music from 15 years ago.

Fredo Santana said it himself

10 years ago this dropped which eventually spawned in Chicago as "Drill"

Add some DJ Kenn and Young Chop hats and we have a whole new "genre" which is basically Atlanta trap music 100%

Everywhere else can adapt to new or different "sound" something popular at the time or not while adding their little regional twist to it and no one bats an eye

But when NY does it everyone is *****ing and complaining and acting like it's the worst thing in the world.

Keep that same energy with rap in general, regardless of where it's coming from.

1589597828982.gif

Damn Webbie. I listened to Savage Life in its entirety today. Classic album with a solid follow up in Savage Life 2.

Nah it's the same problem with a lot of Atlanta rappers.

My issue with the drill _'s is the same with the trappy singy _'s. It's 10k _'s making the same song. I was listening to one of them coachdaghost records and it sounded exactly like a regular pop smoke joint.
Ehhh. Outside of using the same production I don't see how Pop or Coach sound the same at all.

Cool story bro.

Good thing about NYC we have a ****load of other rappers that do different type of music

Let the kids have their drill.

Ya'll ****** just hate it cause it's from NYC but in reality EVERYONE IS DOING IT

It's a different appeal for a different demographic of listeners

This is drill music from 15 years ago.

Fredo Santana said it himself

10 years ago this dropped which eventually spawned in Chicago as "Drill"

Add some DJ Kenn and Young Chop hats and we have a whole new "genre" which is basically Atlanta trap music 100%

Everywhere else can adapt to new or different "sound" something popular at the time or not while adding their little regional twist to it and no one bats an eye

But when NY does it everyone is *****ing and complaining and acting like it's the worst thing in the world.

Keep that same energy with rap in general, regardless of where it's coming from.

great post although calling anything from GRODT “drill” Is wild :lol:

but I get what you saying. It’s all same energy with different flows and beats

:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom