Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I guess it's just me but I always thought you could hear the transition in 500 Degreez. People expect him to sound the same way at way 21 as he did when he was 14 years old :lol:

The Wayne right up to Carter 2...is the best him. He coulda stopped rapping in 07..and been stamped. Probably would be much more respected by the traditional mc crowd, but less commercially successful and acclaimed on a broader level.

His Squad, Prefix, Suffix, W Carter Collection, Drought, Dedication 1 &2 series etc were all him showcasing this.

*****s also discount his early YM days. Like he wasn’t special with the hot boyz. Juve was the star...but Wayne stood out, and is the memorable part on a lot of their biggest records. Timeless hip hop ones.

we can’t act like he wilding in the same week dozens of people were killed in Chicago and Atlanta. Same week Foogiano peoples kill a mother of two and security guard, both black over a chain

I’m not finna let a white man tell it to me but we definitely do got to come to a consensus about how much we as a collective actuallyvalue our own lives
Sunken place *** ******.

Always fall for the okey doke.

Last edited:
Flow, content, beat selection, anthems, club records girl records. Don’t let Encyclopedia TIP distract you from his abilities.

The Wayne right up to Carter 2...is the best him. He coulda stopped rapping in 07..and been stamped. Probably would be much more respected by the traditional mc crowd, but less commercially successful and acclaimed on a broader level.

His Squad, Prefix, Suffix, W Carter Collection, Drought, Dedication 1 &2 series etc were all him showcasing this.

*****s also discount his early YM days. Like he wasn’t special with the hot boyz. Juve was the star...but Wayne stood out, and is the memorable part on a lot of their biggest records. Timeless hip hop ones.

He should have retired right after Drought 3 honestly. His career would be looked at completely different.

Was never really a Gotti fan but Streetz iz Mine and Bad *** Vol.2 are basically classics imo.

Mixtapes at the turn of the decade were soo much better than albums, it isn’t even funny. Coincidentally....that’s when the Datpiff’s, livemixtapes, etc really blew up. TIP become a straight album rapper...hurt him some, in that regard around then. His peers have mixtape catalogs to fall on, that he really doesn’t.

You can go see Weezy for the wordplay, Jeezy for the bird play
Kanyeezy for diversity, and me for controversy
All my verses picture perfect, only spit to serve a purpose
You ain't livin' what you kickin', then you worthless
Lookin' from the surface
It may seem like I got reason to be nervous
Then observe my work to see that my adversity was worth it
Verses autobiographical, absolutely classical
Last thing I'm worried about is what another rapper do
Ain't nobody hot as me
Even if they rap they *** off, blast off and have outstandin' quality
Sell a lot of records, I'll respect it and salute that
But spittin' real life on hot beats I'm the truth at

You kick it like me, no exaggeration necessary
Livin' revolutionary, nothin' less than legendary
Gangsta ****, hereditary, got it from my dad
Flow colder than February with extraordinary swag

Man I’m about to play this **** right now off the strength :smokin :lol:

This ***** Kanye said,

4647AEF1-1663-4FCC-B819-5D0769C40F7E.png

Should’ve knew what’s up with him :lol:.

Then he goes on to say....”naanananaa....how it feel to wake up, to be the sht and the urine”

:stoneface:

Still hate that damn song :smh: :lol:

Paper Trail really had:

Live your life
Dead & Gone
Swagger like us
Whatever you like
Swing ya rag

🤢

Best song on there was “What up? What’s happening”.

Boosie > TIP
Wayne > TIP
Gucci > TIP
Jeezy > TIP
Gotti > TIP
Ross > TIP

And I like TI :lol:. But those guys from his generation make better music 🤷🏾‍♂️
You my guy when come to this music stuff but you trippin hard AF

Trouble man album is underrated as hell

Ronald Reagan and the War on Drugs, systemic racism and whatever else y'all are alluding to ain't the reason ****** is shooting at their own fans for tryna snatch a chain bruh :lol: nor are they the reason why ****** don't have the morals to not shoot and do all the extra **** while kids around.

Man what this got to do with ****** shooting up barbecues with kids playing and their own rap concerts :lol:
You comparing some **** from 70 years ago to **** that "we" do currently and if anything a lot of the culture that we're dicsussing glorifies and aspire to be this type of **** calling ourselves "Mob" and naming ourselves after Italian crime families who hated ****** :lol: "Mafioso Rap" lol
You can think of 2 in 3 years compared to dozens of ****** dying every weekend :lol: Look at the reaches y'all are making. ****** in here talking bout "Hitler did it too" :rofl:

Even in the warped comparison you're trying to make them boys ain't sloppy with whatever it is they've got going on killing random white little girls at cookouts over street situations like our culture does.

I don't know what you're talking about with that other ****, but what do it gotta do with what I'm saying right now :lol:
I'm knowing about all of the reasons why ****** are in the position they are in bro.

But y'all not doing "us" a favor by absolving us of the traits that are unique to us and the disregard we show for those that look like us sometimes. White clubs that play fist pump dubstep music ain't getting shot up because someone tried to snatch a chain :lol: And if Foogiano was booked at a club like that it probably wouldn't have ended like that because subconsciously we value our own less sometimes.

Same for ****** having issues but not being able to chill when kids and elders and **** around. You can only blame the white man for so long for certain **** like that that is about individual decisions. I'm not denying the root causes of why ****** are in "the hood" with nothing to begin with though.

It's certain **** that you can argue on the internet

And I get it, I'm not tryna hear this **** from a white man at all

But in real life bruh the **** hurting us we gotta stop just chalking **** up to "the way it is"
Outside of this whole convo stemming from Gillie's vid I'm wondering why this is typed like I'm deflecting from police brutality being an issue

I can't believe i'm getting reactions like a MAGA boy because I'm saying ****** should chill with the "on sight" **** when kids around & us valuing **** like a chain enough to shoot a crowd up is unique to us :lol:

I never said it's gon be no crime at all of course crime is about proximity. But the unique situations in which a lot of our innocent bystander killings occur are avoidable and about how much we give a damn about the other people around who ****** actually got an issue with as opposed to someone being pretty much wired or not wired to be a serial killer or bomber
Bruh u sound like a self hating black man right now
I’ve NEVER seen u argue so much to be right
Th I’ve seen today
And it’s to be right about some trash *** talking point
That racist use to justify OUR oppression

It is. Ain’t his fault other guys got better projects overall 🤷🏾‍♂️.

Ross and Jeezy the only ones you mentioned that come close to him album for album ,rest them cats catalogs as far as ALBUMS don’t stack up at all ,mixtape yes albums hell no

Bruh u sound like a self hating black man right now
I’ve NEVER seen u argue so much to be right
Th I’ve seen today
And it’s to be right about some trash *** talking point
That racist use to justify OUR oppression

I said from jump I wouldn't wanna hear none of this **** coming from a white man but aye

1594403824116.png

Ross and Jeezy the only ones you mentioned that come close to him album for album ,rest them cats catalogs as far as ALBUMS don’t stack up at all ,mixtape yes albums hell no

All of them have better PROJECTS than tip. They make better music. Tip has 2 very good albums. You can say the same for Wayne, Tip, Ross, Jeezy, Gucci, Boosie.

They got tip when it comes to discussing their entire catalog. I fell off of “Albums” being the measure a while back. Seemed outdated to me. Can you drop a classic body of work I can play, anytime? That’s what’s important to me. Bumping this right now.

Classic

FC3C271B-2395-4B5D-BDA0-534893655691.png

90F6EEDF-59D0-4753-B983-805F17A3DF62.jpeg

Trap Muzik > EA Sportcenter....

I don’t think Boosie has any good albums outside of Gangsta Muzik( which I consider a classic) Gucci has some gems but its surrounded by a lot of mediocre,Wayne only has 2 good/great albums, I don’t care about mixtapes with him rapping over ‘industry’ beats ,Gotti has gems as well but he also a lot of mediocre,but also has some smash hits.

Ross and Jeezy are the only ones close to TIp imo

Kanye stans are the wackest _s that have graced planet Earth.
So real Talk
Don’t listen to Kanye cause of his trash *** views
But r kelly came on the shuffle last night while I was showering
And then I had to listen to a few other hits
When a women’s fed up
I wish
Feelin on yo booty
Ignition
Be careful with sparkle
And a few others
Am I wrong for not giving r kelly
the same as Kanye