Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Keith Murray can spit with the best of em’ too. Bruh is an elite lyricist/freestyler that can actually make good songs

Always been a fan of Murray and I was so hype for his album after he got out of jail. It turned out to just be alright and it was pretty much over smh

D6311B1C-CC30-461E-824D-6A8CE8CA563D.jpeg
8F9F4928-7F35-4C04-921C-26D79C77B03E.jpeg
0F7D983C-CB0B-4BCE-8659-60C0AE14CDC2.jpeg
C20EABE7-5478-42B7-8444-BA69D9F5C052.jpeg
B62B25B7-E95C-436D-8C83-496AED2B1897.jpeg

Keith and Redman are two rappers I respected, but they weren't on the top of my list of rappers to listen to.

Keith and Redman are two rappers I respected, but they weren't on the top of my list of rappers to listen to.

Keith high on my list.

A lot of the beats Red used were always wack to me. Think I bought all of his albums but some of them I barely played.

Ruff Ryder Chronicles is next?

Yes, can not wait.

That Bedrock song sums up Wayne's career. Garbage raps, garbage music made for losers.

Definitely gonna watch that Ruff Ryders interview.

Wayne really responsible for killing rap and watering it down. Made rap go from the NBA to your kids middle school basketball team. Talent isn't necessary anymore. Generic and catchy bull****.

Streaming farm. Basically a bunch of devices (phones, laptops, etc) that are used to stream a song or album on repeat, thereby inflating the numbers.

I don’t know if Gates does it, but I don’t deny the possibility. I think it’s way more common practice within the music industry. Wouldn’t surprise me if a majority of artists rely on it.

****, didn’t Ye get busted doing it for life of Pablo? And Beyoncé with that one album she put out talking about Hov doing dirt?

Rate tony yayo lyrical ability on a scale of 1-10

6.5, maybe a 7.

I'd rate Wayne a 5, his ghost writers a 6.

Streaming farm. Basically a bunch of devices (phones, laptops, etc) that are used to stream a song or album on repeat, thereby inflating the numbers.

I don’t know if Gates does it, but I don’t deny the possibility. I think it’s way more common practice within the music industry. Wouldn’t surprise me if a majority of artists rely on it.

****, didn’t Ye get busted doing it for life of Pablo? And Beyoncé with that one album she put out talking about Hov doing dirt?

They all do it, it's too easy and cheap not to.

Dagens Naeringsliv grew interested in Tidal in 2016 after the platform released stats on its listeners. In a statement, Tidal said it had more than 3 million users, and that Kanye West’s “The Life of Pablo” had been streamed more than 250 million times in just ten days. That prompted the newspaper to begin an investigation, which yielded what appeared to be Tidal’s internal streaming data.
Professor Katrin Franke at the Norwegian University for Science and Technology analyzed the data and found some very unusual listening behavior for “The Life of Pablo” and “Lemonade”. It looked as if some users were listening to the same song up to 122 times at exactly the same time, on the hour, down to the very millisecond.

I hope the best for him. I've read some foul **** about his cases and Louisiana one of the most crooked states in the country. Witnesses lying, other people confessing. **** beyond corrupt.

Mac's situation even worse, sick as hell seeing people do 20+ years in jail because of the color of their skin. **** is crazy sad. Mac had zero witnesses, no evidence, no DNA, no weapon and two people came out and said they said it was Mac to get their sentence reduced.

People in Louisiana getting 30-40 years for stealing hair clippers (without any proof at all or witnesses) and selling an ounce of weed getting life. That whole state needs to be thrown away.

Dagens Naeringsliv grew interested in Tidal in 2016 after the platform released stats on its listeners. In a statement, Tidal said it had more than 3 million users, and that Kanye West’s “The Life of Pablo” had been streamed more than 250 million times in just ten days. That prompted the newspaper to begin an investigation, which yielded what appeared to be Tidal’s internal streaming data.
Professor Katrin Franke at the Norwegian University for Science and Technology analyzed the data and found some very unusual listening behavior for “The Life of Pablo” and “Lemonade”. It looked as if some users were listening to the same song up to 122 times at exactly the same time, on the hour, down to the very millisecond.

Yep. That’s the story I remember reading a few years back. :lol:

So if Beyoncé and Kanye West are juicing, it’s plausible to believe that the whole industry is on it like that.

I hope the best for him. I've read some foul **** about his cases and Louisiana one of the most crooked states in the country. Witnesses lying, other people confessing. **** beyond corrupt.

Mac's situation even worse, sick as hell seeing people do 20+ years in jail because of the color of their skin. **** is crazy sad. Mac had zero witnesses, no evidence, no DNA, no weapon and two people came out and said they said it was Mac to get their sentence reduced.

People in Louisiana getting 30-40 years for stealing hair clippers (without any proof at all or witnesses) and selling an ounce of weed getting life. That whole state needs to be thrown away.

There’s a podcast where the interviewer speaks with former convicts that have been exonerated called Wrongful Conviction. When I used to listen regularly, I picked up on a trend that a lot of these individuals had been through the Louisiana criminal justice system. Hearing stories about Angola pretty much being a modern day slave plantation, the courts and judges being in cahoots with the attorneys and politicians, etc. That **** made me sick to my stomach hearing some of those stories. :smh:

20+ years for some **** you didn’t do.

... fam :smh:

Back
Top Bottom