Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I’m serious and urban legend are classics. Ask anyone 28 and over from the south.

“Still ain’t forgave myself” done made mannnnnnnyyyy grown men cry tears
I'm 30 and grew up in FL, GA and TX. Still Ain't Forgave Myself is a classic, no doubt. I'm Serious as an album had a few songs that I wasn't feeling like that. Same applies to Urban Legend. I always felt that Trap Muzik was his best album. I can listen to both Trap Muzik and KING without any skips. That said, I think both are really good albums and wouldn't get upset about someone saying they're classics. They're just not classics to me.

They had more stuff but I guess they sold out of a lot.

preciate it

TI has ZERO classic albums. Every album gotta few weak *** songs.

That AACA clothing expensive as ****.

Re-visiting Silkk's 'Made Man'
tenor.gif

It stinks as much as I remembered. And this was the first NL album of 1999. I remember it selling a lot, but wow what a dud to lead off the year with. Silkk still owes me somewhere between $16-$18
tenor.gif

The Day I Was Made
Somebody Like Me
It Ain't My Fault 2
Ghetto Rain
This Is 4 My
You Know What We Bout
I Want to Be With You
All Because of You
No Limit
We Wont Stop
It Takes More
Southside N's
Get It Up

Verdict: Album fire

TI has ZERO classic albums. Every album gotta few weak *** songs.

That AACA clothing expensive as ****.

The Day I Was Made
Somebody Like Me
It Ain't My Fault 2
Ghetto Rain
This Is 4 My
You Know What We Bout
I Want to Be With You
All Because of You
No Limit
We Wont Stop
It Takes More
Southside N's
Get It Up

Verdict: Album fire

Trap Muzik not a classic but that Silk album is fire... Ok, ok.

monster, 56 nights & ds2 aren't certified, but they'll probably be considered down the line. They're all aging well & are clearly influential.

Beast Mode. Purple Reign, Future & Hendrixx.

I may have miscounted. Dummy might have 7 😱 😳. Then let’s not even go to the pre-3peat mixtape era.

Cuz I got a hot take about FBG The Movie, Astronaut Status, 1000, True Story, Streets Calling

We really just witnessed a decade of greatness and consistency. Wala! Magic 😏🤝

Future has 5 classics 🤷🏾‍♂️
For the first time ever, I listened to two of his tapes in the gym. Monster and Beast Mode. I **** with After That, My Savages, No Basic, Peacoat and Just Like Bruddas. I personally wouldn’t call them classics but definitely had me feelin’ myself in the gym :smokin

Oh I **** with Astronaut Status tough. 2013 in Afghanistan, killing it with Itchin’ :pimp:

For the first time ever, I listened to two of his tapes in the gym. Monster and Beast Mode. I **** with After That, My Savages, No Basic, Peacoat and Just Like Bruddas. I personally wouldn’t call them classics but definitely had me feelin’ myself in the gym :smokin

Oh I **** with Astronaut Status tough. 2013 in Afghanistan, killing it with Itchin’ :pimp:

I feel for you bruh. You truly done missed out on some prime ****, from one of the best in the game. Throw 56 Nights on the next time you in the gym. Then go right to Purple Reign. Promise, you won’t be disappointed

It always baffles me and amazes me when I hear about DC people not listening to rap. That s**** is AMAZING

I think you should understand it. Gogo is to DC ad Bass is to Miami. Club to Baltimore. Bounce to NO. House to Chicago etc. It kinda of ebbs and flows at what the popular genre of music is at the ground level for most of these black cities. There was a time here, where club was preferred to mainstream rap.

Beast Mode. Purple Reign, Future & Hendrixx.

I may have miscounted. Dummy might have 7 😱 😳. Then let’s not even go to the pre-3peat mixtape era.

Cuz I got a hot take about FBG The Movie, Astronaut Status, 1000, True Story, Streets Calling

We really just witnessed a decade of greatness and consistency. Wala! Magic 😏🤝
Future & Hendrixx my favourite records from Fewtch, but a lot of ppl was lukewarm to them. BM is cool, but it's like "Lodger" in the Berlin Trilogy, and Purple Reign just isn't a classic.

Back
Top Bottom