Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

1597710052106.gif

Ion like how they did/doing TIP and Tity in these convos.

hopefully this down period of looking back at people legacy rejuvenates the entire rap game to make more classic ****.

Ion like how they did/doing TIP and Tity in these convos.

hopefully this down period of looking back at people legacy rejuvenates the entire rap game to make more classic ****.

blame these people parents and OGs. This is why rap fans are not really fans. They whole jokes

N_ said “we would” call classics... as if these kids ands fans know what good music is. Speak for YOURSELF

I feel for you bruh. You truly done missed out on some prime ****, from one of the best in the game. Throw 56 Nights on the next time you in the gym. Then go right to Purple Reign. Promise, you won’t be disappointed
F up my drug test listening to that dude.
Shortie put me on Codeine Crazy n its been history after...
Dude a legend imo.

Back when I was pizza deliverer I played Mick Jenkins album during my shift & it was the most boring **** I ever heard. It gave me a headache & it made me tired. Horrible day, horrible shift.

Mick Jenkins is the worst rapper I have ever heard.

I don’t even know what he sounds like, but he’s worse than Keed, GotIt, Yachty, 69, Tecca, and Desiigner???? I HIGHLY doubt that :lol:

I don’t even know what he sounds like, but he’s worse than Keed, GotIt, Yachty, 69, Tecca, and Desiigner???? I HIGHLY doubt that :lol:
They all suck, but he takes himself serious, & at least their stuff has a heartbeat. You play his **** in your car while I'm in it and I'll get out & walk to nearest bus stop.

Not to mention, he's sooooooooooooooooooo preachy.

Didn’t expect to watch all of this but the first 45 minutes were legit. Some of these stories was a lil wild. Toya prolly pissed :lol:

I think you should understand it. Gogo is to DC ad Bass is to Miami. Club to Baltimore. Bounce to NO. House to Chicago etc. It kinda of ebbs and flows at what the popular genre of music is at the ground level for most of these black cities. There was a time here, where club was preferred to mainstream rap.

That's a big part why it ain't no rappers from here. _'s do listen to rap but as far as getting into it dudes look at rappers as fake, they get robbed every time they come to DC lol. _'s just look at it like we got our own thing, that hasn't been watered down and leeched off of. We good.

That's a big part why it ain't no rappers from here. _'s do listen to rap but as far as getting into it dudes look at rappers as fake, they get robbed every time they come to DC lol. _'s just look at it like we got our own thing, that hasn't been watered down and leeched off of. We good.
yo does glizzy really mean a hotdog?

Nice thread

In college I went to a DC house party freshman year and I learned that **** that hard way. I didn't know they were going to play the pots, pans and garbage can lids the whole night. I was heated, no car. I sat down pissed off. It was serious culture shock. I learned to respect it by senior year, that's why I post it in this thread sometimes.

I was like y'all don't listen to rap?

It always baffles me and amazes me when I hear about DC people not listening to rap. That s**** is AMAZING

DC has(d) it's own culture

Clothing brands/designers, style, slang, music...

The area I'd say that's most like DC is The Bay.

Trap Muzik not a classic but that Silk album is fire... Ok, ok.

Trap Muzik fire but I'm skipping 4-5 songs on that album every time. Not a classic for me.

It always baffles me and amazes me when I hear about DC people not listening to rap. That s**** is AMAZING

Old head I work with in DC told me NOBODY played Rap in the 80s and early 90s in DC. They would laugh you out if you tried playing that **** on the block or in a club.

I can't stand gogo but that's cool as **** it was once that big in DC.

Some of those features on NaS album giving me Dave East flashbacks. I really don't want to hear any of those features but Charlie Wilson and The Firm.

And the way it's listed and some of these being so random, it looks fake.

Back
Top Bottom