Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This Sean album :smh: had to Cut it off. will Give it another spin in the morning maybe the second half of the album is better.

I actually liked I decided. I know a lot of ppl hated that album but this one Might be his worst.

- I never followed that Daquon page, it always felt so forced. So it’s two Israeli kids running it now? Is the Ethiopian kid Daquon still involved or did he just sell it to the two Israelis?

- Aubrey doing a whole video with a racist white kid that’s eating off Hip Hop is soooooooo ironic? Racists stick together.

- I was hype for that Big Sean album until I saw the features. I’ll play it in the morning but I’m sure it’ll be trash. I liked that Dark Sky album a lot but it seems like he hasn’t been able to get back to that energy.

ZTFO, Lucky You, Lithuania, Dom song and Wolves are straight to me but he rapping bout nothing :lol: its vague mental health raps

"aint nobody finna do me wrong" :lol: **** like it was made to be 2k Music

at the same time yall prop up a lot of ****** who be saying nothing about nothing :lol: its funny how sean will say a certain bar and its corny and the standard for someone like future thug quavo baby or any rapper in that lane is way higher where people would look @ it as a :pimp: bar. Like the post-Wayne type punchlines :lol:

ZTFO, Lucky You, Lithuania, Dom song and Wolves are straight to me but he rapping bout nothing :lol: its vague mental health raps

"aint nobody finna do me wrong" :lol: **** like it was made to be 2k Music

at the same time yall prop up a lot of ****** who be saying nothing about nothing :lol: its funny how sean will say a certain bar and its corny and the standard for someone like future thug quavo baby or any rapper in that lane is way higher where people would look @ it as a :pimp: bar. Like the post-Wayne type punchlines :lol:

Gimme examples.

The guys you mentioned don’t even rap in the same veign or use the same lingo as a Big Sean :lol:. Well, Thug be saying some wild ****, and every bar don’t hit. The only songs a Lil Baby would have that would be similar to Sean world play wise is like “Close friends” or “emotionally scarred”. Pop rap records.

Where Future & Lil Baby cut their teeth are on street records, introspective street joints and bangers. Sean can’t do that. He don’t have the content or reference too. And they rapping in a lot of lingo. That’s the difference. **** just popular now :lol:.

All rappers pretty much have what can be considered “corny” bars. Big Sean dabbles in that on almost every bar...and his flow is dated, repetitive and formulaic. Nothing really original. He still using “hold up” as a crutch :lol:.

DE79E843-2BF8-4AD0-96B6-1F87CD3EE630.png

:lol:

Gimme examples.

The guys you mentioned don’t even rap in the same veign or use the same lingo as a Big Sean :lol:. Well, Thug be saying some wild ****, and every bar don’t hit. The only songs a Lil Baby would have that would be similar to Sean world play wise is like “Close friends” or “emotionally scarred”. Pop rap records.

Where Future & Lil Baby cut their teeth are on street records, introspective street joints and bangers. Sean can’t do that. He don’t have the content or reference too. And they rapping in a lot of lingo. That’s the difference. **** just popular now :lol:.

All rappers pretty much have what can be considered “corny” bars. Big Sean dabbles in that on almost every bar...and his flow is dated, repetitive and formulaic. Nothing really original. He still using “hold up” as a crutch :lol:.

DE79E843-2BF8-4AD0-96B6-1F87CD3EE630.png

:lol:

I feel you but I'm just saying the bar is higher for Sean bc he was the last of that Ye/Wayne/Hov/Drake/etc. era :lol:

All this revenue coming in, I'll probably never spend
I just bought my BM a Benz, now that's another Benz
I just cut off all of my friends and brought my brothers in
I don't see nobody but me, who I'm gon' lose to?
I can't move around without tools, these ****** loose screws
I can see me taking the lead over the new school
They remember me from selling weed at my old school
Only hit it once and now it's old news

Sean could spit this verbatim minus the weed selling bars and ****** would clown "that's another Benz" and "these ****** loose screws" :lol:

The best example of this was the album he did wit Metro where ****** dissected and clowned every line lol but they were like lines that would be top tier Quavo/Takeoff/Set lines :lol:

I feel you but I'm just saying the bar is higher for Sean bc he was the last of that Ye/Wayne/Hov/Drake/etc. era :lol:

All this revenue coming in, I'll probably never spend
I just bought my BM a Benz, now that's another Benz
I just cut off all of my friends and brought my brothers in
I don't see nobody but me, who I'm gon' lose to?
I can't move around without tools, these ****** loose screws
I can see me taking the lead over the new school
They remember me from selling weed at my old school
Only hit it once and now it's old news

Sean could spit this verbatim minus the weed selling bars and ****** would clown "that's another Benz" and "these ****** loose screws" :lol:

The best example of this was the album he did wit Metro where ****** dissected and clowned every line lol but they were like lines that would be top tier Quavo/Takeoff/Set lines :lol:

The bar ain’t higher :lol:. It’s all perception. Funny you included Ye, in this. Because he’s been underwhelming as a rapper and has an abundance of corny and cringe lines...right smack dab in his prime and his critical acclaim era...late 00s to mid 10s before he completely lost it. Just like how *****s were quoting “Swagger like us” like he was spitting, and that **** was terrible. Iont think most people who are posting Lil Baby Quotables on here, are going to “emotionally scarred” as the one with flame emojis :lol:. Good song, and he flowing. But it’s basic pop rap ****. That’s understood. It took until 2019 for people to get around the fact that Lil Baby could actually rap, and was not a mumble rapper :lol:. You know *****s be late, then gas the average part of the rappers hits once they get on. And that’s what brings in the eye rolls from you lol.

Sean does Pop rap well, too Of course...right now, perception with big Sean as a corny rapper clouds what actual ability and talent he has. But he’s mid as a whole package. I wouldn’t say he’s held to a higher standard. I’d say he’s grouped with rappers that are far more superior than him as actual lyricist. It’s why y’all are disappointed. He’s Tyga with better marketing and less **** ups. And one could argue Tyga is a better technical rapper than him too.

I’ll say it 1000x. It’s all perception and delivery. Takeoff and Offset are better technical rappers than Big Sean too.

I’m a few songs in this Big Sean and I hate that he’s rapping off beat intentionally. **** sounds bad. Also, I actually can’t tell Post Malone from Travis Scott. I thought it was Travis Scott “harmonizing” but it’s was Post.

Skits are pointless

He’s gotta stop making music with Jhene Aiko, they’re like 1/17.

Post Malones and Young Thug are really bad at making music.

Puff sounded so uninterested on that song

Last edited:
Damn as a Sean fan this mid off first listen

song with Diddy
With Wayne

my favorites

dude really made a song called ZEN AS **** LMAOOOOOOOOO smh

This Sean album can’t be that bad. I do feel like he fallen off extra hard since getting with the ***** fairy tho

Last edited:
The bar ain’t higher :lol:. It’s all perception. Funny you included Ye, in this. Because he’s been underwhelming as a rapper and has an abundance of corny and cringe lines...right smack dab in his prime and his critical acclaim era...late 00s to mid 10s before he completely lost it. Just like how *****s were quoting “Swagger like us” like he was spitting, and that **** was terrible. Iont think most people who are posting Lil Baby Quotables on here, are going to “emotionally scarred” as the one with flame emojis :lol:. Good song, and he flowing. But it’s basic pop rap ****. That’s understood. It took until 2019 for people to get around the fact that Lil Baby could actually rap, and was not a mumble rapper :lol:. You know *****s be late, then gas the average part of the rappers hits once they get on. And that’s what brings in the eye rolls from you lol.

Sean does Pop rap well, too Of course...right now, perception with big Sean as a corny rapper clouds what actual ability and talent he has. But he’s mid as a whole package. I wouldn’t say he’s held to a higher standard. I’d say he’s grouped with rappers that are far more superior than him as actual lyricist. It’s why y’all are disappointed. He’s Tyga with better marketing and less **** ups. And one could argue Tyga is a better technical rapper than him too.

I’ll say it 1000x. It’s all perception and delivery. Takeoff and Offset are better technical rappers than Big Sean too.
Nobody arguing Tyga is a better technical rapper than Sean. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom