Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I feel I'll have more freedom than in the general section in my opinion.

Solid movie. I didn't feel the way I did after that RZA and TI **** :smh:

Meek was playing Meek, but I found him solid. In fact more than solid, he was charming and good. Him and Chino were good.

The effeminate lead. I hate to talk about the kid, but he wasn't right for the role. Especially since he's involved with girls. His mannerisms and him talking. When he's walking at times, you expect him to be carrying a purse. It's serious aye yo. He just wasn't believable. He's the only one I felt was miscast.

wavycrocket wavycrocket did you see it? I noticed they tried hard to do the Baltimore accent unlike The Wire. In The Wire you could tell dudes were from the tri state area(Omar, WeeBay, Wallace, Michael, Bodie, D'Angelo...)

Haven't seen the movie yet...and I'm not going to just because of the lead :lol:

I'm sorry but I'm just not buying the roles they're trying to cast him in. Even when he upped the pole in Queen and Slim I was like...come on man :lol::smh:

Yeah man, same in Queen and Slim.

It's like you have to look over him.

Meek was playing Meek, but I found him solid. In fact more than solid, he was charming and good. Him and Chino were good.

The effeminate lead. I hate to talk about the kid, but he wasn't right for the role. Especially since he's involved with girls. His mannerisms and him talking. When he's walking at times, you expect him to be carrying a purse. It's serious aye yo. He just wasn't believable. He's the only one I felt was miscast.

wavycrocket wavycrocket did you see it? I noticed they tried hard to do the Baltimore accent unlike The Wire. In The Wire you could tell dudes were from the tri state area(Omar, WeeBay, Wallace, Michael, Bodie, D'Angelo...)

Haven't seen the movie yet...and I'm not going to just because of the lead :lol:

I'm sorry but I'm just not buying the roles they're trying to cast him in. When he upped the pole in Queen and Slim I was like...come on man :lol::smh:

Didn’t see it yet....but the lead in this for real terrible :lol:. That ***** over emotional, and overacts. Everybody from here tell me, yo was FORCING it :smh:

They shoulda just got TARIQ to play this role. Especially since it was based on Pug. And Lor dirtbike *****s are NOTHING like the lead.

Magic33 Magic33 I knew Meek & Chino would be solid. They ain’t really have to act.

exactly... kid looks square AF

The square part isn't the problem :lol:

He's supposed to be a kid and sort innocent growing up in an environment with temptation around. You see the Randy and Michael differences in the kids to use a Wire analogy.

The rest of the movie makes you sort of over look the kid, and if the rest of the movie and script wasn't pretty solid it wouldn't have worked.

At the end you expect him to be going on the bus to hairdresser school :rofl:

Didn’t see it yet....but the lead in this for real terrible :lol:. That ***** over emotional, and overacts. Everybody from here tell me, yo was FORCING it :smh:

They shoulda just got TARIQ to play this role. Especially since it was based on Pug. And Lor dirtbike *****s are NOTHING like the lead.

Magic33 Magic33 I knew Meek & Chino would be solid. They ain’t really have to act.

Meek must have done this right after he got out, because he still had the prison weight.

Just to compare it to someone like Mary and even TI now. When they attempt to play themselves, or their old selves, it comes off not seeming natural, believable and forced.

So I have to commend Chino and Meek, because you would think they were normal actors.

How was AZ not a bigger deal?

I think the label was everything.

First I thought Do or Die was just ehhhh. It's just like how Method Man released Tical, and then Rae and Ghost released their projects and they shined greater. People expected more after Life's A *****. People expected more from Meth after 36 Chambers. Then Ghost and Rae go out there with classic albums. AZ was going to be compared to Life's A ***** and Illmatic. One you release a dude or lukewarm album the fans sort of moved on because there was so much out there.

and then with AZ's label, they were having problems and he went under another label. So he wasn't going to be a priority anymore on his second album. Then he went to Motown which didn't do rap well as a label and cared about Neo Soul/R&B.

This the same kid in Charm City and 12 O Clock Boys???

I got hype when that “Millidelphia” dropped. I used to ride to that **** doing 150-160 on my bike

****** really say deeeww and teeewww

Used to love this Teyonah Parris lady. Used to have one that looked just like her.

Meek got me dying in this joint. He‘s decent in it. Got that old ***** haircut and weight.

Last edited:

I got hype when that “Millidelphia” dropped. I used to ride to that **** doing 150-160 on my bike

Used to love this Teyonah Parris lady. Used to have one that looked just like her.

Meek got me dying in this joint. He‘s decent in it. Got that old ***** haircut and weight.

Nah. This Pug IG. Charm city Kings based on 12 o’clock boys

I think shordy booked. But he be home soon.

The only one worthy 🤗

3877642A-F69F-44B6-90E1-0A134B02D450.jpeg

🐐 🐐

Deangelo really from Baltimore, the wire was just how he really talks :lol:

But yea the couple things I seen the main kid I didn’t like , so that made me not really pressed to see this movie since he’s the lead

Back
Top Bottom